Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic, High Brix, Nirvana Ice, 49 Plant

The 2L we have started about the same you did with about the same root mass. The plants were about 5" when they started in the 12/12 flower room. At two weeks the plants had stretched to 23" for the OG and 17" for the Shangri La, at day 21 they all stopped stretching. At 30 days of 12/12 the OG is 25" and the Shangri La is 18".

You have a little more space between plants then the soda 2L fleet, your 7x7 air pots are 48"x48" and 7x7 soda pots are about 32"x32", so I think have the room so the plants can get a little bigger before you flip the HPS. :thumb: :peace:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic, High Brix, Nirvana Ice, 49 Plant

looking good here
the basil looks good too
:thumb:

I would definitely wait a week before flipping, get some good growth going and you'll see a nice boost in yield. I have plants currently flowering in those pots that are close to 20" tall and showing no signs of being rootbound. Those air pots are something else. I still have nothing bad to say about them other than the watering taking a tad longer.. Helps to prevent overwatering though

looks great vape! Im with OMM on your light distance.

I'm totally impressed with your style Vape; only thing I can offer after all these good tips is for you to flush out your ferts, the high N, before you flip em to 12/12. I'm excited to see these beauties bloom. :cheer:

Room and babies are looking just great! :thumb: I really like the tutorials of everything. Keep it up! I have recieved all my high brix amendments and I will be building my medium over the next couple of days. :)

See you around
:peace:

Wow Vape!!! thinks are looking amazing for your ladies...you have a clone army going on!!! can't wait to watch this become a forest of nugs!!!

"This is where I need some advice. I'm going to go back and look at one of 420fieds journals to see how big his are when he flowers them, but I think they were about 6".

I go straight to 12/12. No veg. My clones have 4-6 inches above the medium when buried. Your air pot setup looks fantastic. Best of luck my friend.

:welldone:

just keep in mind hempy has hydro like growth, since you're going the organic soil method, the initial growth isn't as fast at first until you have a good colony of microbes chilling on your roots. Even if you plan on flowering early, just make sure your root mass is well established and you're getting good growth already. It will help you get the most out of the stretch period

So.. with high brix gardening, you feed them through nutrients already in the soil, and no more added nutes? I'm really interested in this, not only for cannabis, but veggies and herbs too.. Do you hand water from the top, or fill the tray? Thanks Vape, keep up the good work! :high-five:

So.. with high brix gardening, you feed them through nutrients already in the soil, and no more added nutes? I'm really interested in this, not only for cannabis, but veggies and herbs too.. Do you hand water from the top, or fill the tray? Thanks Vape, keep up the good work! :high-five:

It is essentially feeding non readily available nutrients to a highly active colony of microbes in the soil, which in return break it down and feed the plant.

People have been High Brix gardening on veggies and food crops for many years already.

Reading this journal was the first time hearing about High Brix gardening, thanks bud. Ill do some more research about feeding the plants to get them high on brix, haha.

:popcorn:

I'm super fascinated with high brix gardening, so I'm following with much interest. First rate journal already, great posts, great pics, and a whole lot of detail that will be helpful to many. Nice clean set-up, too. :high-five:

+rep, and already worth 5 stars in my opinion! :bravo:

Well....it's a joy to see that many AirPots in use at once. I hear you about checking with 420fied.....he's the man for SOGs. I think his were just a bit taller, before flowering. Since your going to HPS bulbs I think you could lower those air cooled HPS just a bit closer. However, better safe than sorry.

I'll be doing a SOG very soon, so I get to learn from you. Sorry, your going to be my crash test dummy. :Namaste: I'll be doing the 2 litter soda bottles the first time, then I'll change to AirPots if things go well for me. This is exciting.:high-five:

I love Air-Pots! I'm really surprised they aren't more popular here in the states...I'm sure when the average person sees them and can't understand what makes them so much better than standard pots, and have a tough time justifying the price. I posted the videos because I think they do such a good job at explaining what makes them special. I could never go back!

I lowered the lights a bit more when I got home last night. They were at 25 inches when I lowered them, but the way these girls are growing I'm sure it's a little closer now. :)

I'm trying desperately to get caught up on the journals I'm following. Unfortunately yours is one of the ones that I'm behind on...but I'll get there. :thumb:

:Namaste:

Really up to you when you want to flip. Vegging out for another 1-2 weeks isn't a bad idea. Soil require longer veg time to bush out. Then you can make your selections on which branches to keep so they don't grow into the near by plants. I would flip when the plant's height is same as the length of the air pot.

Another idea you might want to think about is placing a screen over it and create a SOG under SCROG, triple your yield. The screen has to be high enough to reach under to water all those pots.

:thanks: I'm thinking 1-2 weeks, depending on how they look, will be about right. The pots are a bit higher than they look in the pics... about 9 1/4" actually. I think I'd be afraid to go that tall...were you thinking in the 7-8" range?

A SCROG does sound interesting, but it will have to wait for another time! I don't want to bite off more than I can chew right now...there are already a lot of "firsts" for me in this grow...but 3x the yield would make it worth thinking about! Not to mention I'll have to complete a grow to know what number I'm trying to triple!

How much more veg time do you think is necessary to achieve that 3x number?

If I were trying a SCROG I think I would go with fewer plants and step up the pot size also. Plant numbers ARE a concern to me.

The 2L we have started about the same you did with about the same root mass. The plants were about 5" when they started in the 12/12 flower room. At two weeks the plants had stretched to 23" for the OG and 17" for the Shangri La, at day 21 they all stopped stretching. At 30 days of 12/12 the OG is 25" and the Shangri La is 18".

You have a little more space between plants then the soda 2L fleet, your 7x7 air pots are 48"x48" and 7x7 soda pots are about 32"x32", so I think have the room so the plants can get a little bigger before you flip the HPS. :thumb: :peace:

:thanks: for the info! This is why I wish I could have flowered my new strains before this SOG! I'd love to know what to expect from this strain. Would I be correct is saying most strains at least triple their height after the flip? I'm also can't remember, do you defoliate?

Looking good.....I would wait a week myself and flower...they are ready and a week should start them at 7-8 inches. Looks like it is going to be a sweet SOG no matter when ya start flowering them :goodjob:

I'm thinking that's going to be about right...and it seems everyone's in the same ball park! :thanks:

I would definitely wait a week before flipping, get some good growth going and you'll see a nice boost in yield. I have plants currently flowering in those pots that are close to 20" tall and showing no signs of being rootbound. Those air pots are something else. I still have nothing bad to say about them other than the watering taking a tad longer.. Helps to prevent overwatering though

just keep in mind hempy has hydro like growth, since you're going the organic soil method, the initial growth isn't as fast at first until you have a good colony of microbes chilling on your roots. Even if you plan on flowering early, just make sure your root mass is well established and you're getting good growth already. It will help you get the most out of the stretch period

:thanks: I think you're spot on bro...building a thriving colony of beneficials and a good root mass is what's going to make the difference. :thumb:

Watering Air-Post can be interesting. There's a few things I do that makes watering them easier. You can't let them dry out too much. I know we usually let the soil get a bit dry between waterings with cannabis, but I've found with airpots they seem to grow better if kept a little more moist. If the tops are on the dry side I'll hit them with a sprayer first. You can also dunk them if you're using small ones.

They will take up a lot more water with dunkings...or if you water them once, and then hit them again in an hour. I think Air-Pots are ideally suited to drip systems, and I'll be watching very closely to see how 420fied's new irrigation system manifests itself. :thumb:

I go straight to 12/12. No veg. My clones have 4-6 inches above the medium when buried. Your air pot setup looks fantastic. Best of luck my friend.

:welldone:

:thanks: for stopping in bro! I needed to go check it out anyway, just because your grows inspire me!

Yeah...the soil is going to slow me down a bit compared to your setup...I think I'm going to have to wait just a bit longer. :thanks: for your input, and the kind words! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom