Woodsman Outdoors

i think that a pic of your girls could be a high times or 420 mag centerfold buddy... just pick a shot that has the fewest blurry areas and is the clearest and shows those pretty pink pistols bright and glowing and you will no doubt have a winner!

this one i saw later i like better:
DSCN13211.JPG

What an amazing find brother in bagseed...or maybe the bud fairy came and blessed your grow because you grow her favorite...WEED and do so very well. :tokin:

You have fought off hordes of enemy invaders and braved many a storm, and you and your girls with your helmsmanship have nearly reached the final destination...the :roorrip:fest bonanza. But that is still in some time. I am very happy with your smoke report brother...so glad your weed is fantastic this grow...you deserve it my friend. All the kindnesses you do, I know I enjoy one of those kindnesses very much...:cheer:.

:bravo: brother, here try this Super Lemon Haze...:passitleft:, buds are sticky and hard...joints are very interesting and pretty tasty...gets resinous fast. Bet your weed will rival or best it and it is more than "pretty okie dokie...:tokin:" in my book.

:peace: Woodsman my friend.

i think that a pic of your girls could be a high times or 420 mag centerfold buddy... just pick a shot that has the fewest blurry areas and is the clearest and shows those pretty pink pistols bright and glowing and you will no doubt have a winner!

this one i saw later i like better:

Those are quite lofty expectations! Thank you

Making it harder to choose ..........hmmmm?

You know HK tell me if I'm wrong, but in the past and still now, I have been hesitant to enter these contests. Reason is because all my friends are entering them and I don't want to compete with them! It is odd I guess? I always wish the best for others and will take the left overs for myself. I've always thought this way, call it old fashioned chivalry if you like or modesty, I've always been like that. Could also be a slight lack of self esteem that gets in the way of any self recognition. When I was nominated for MOM (I wonder who did that ....) I didn't know what to do and would never in a million years have believed that I would be picked out of all the others that were nominated.

Maybe it's time to change a little. I really like the pink buds I've got and am very excited about them. Perhaps I will take your advise and enter. I hate to compete against my friends though, that feeling or perspective on contests will never change in me.

What an amazing find brother in bagseed...or maybe the bud fairy came and blessed your grow because you grow her favorite...WEED and do so very well. :tokin:

You have fought off hordes of enemy invaders and braved many a storm, and you and your girls with your helmsmanship have nearly reached the final destination...the :roorrip:fest bonanza. But that is still in some time. I am very happy with your smoke report brother...so glad your weed is fantastic this grow...you deserve it my friend. All the kindnesses you do, I know I enjoy one of those kindnesses very much...:cheer:.

:bravo: brother, here try this Super Lemon Haze...:passitleft:, buds are sticky and hard...joints are very interesting and pretty tasty...gets resinous fast. Bet your weed will rival or best it and it is more than "pretty okie dokie...:tokin:" in my book.

:peace: Woodsman my friend.

That SLH was great! Made me feel like I'm ready for anything! :Rasta: Thanks buddy!

Reading your post makes me feel like I'm at sea in a great sailing ship after just winning a huge sea battle! :)

I'm very happy with what I've tested. It is always a relief for me when I am able to confirm that all the hard work has payed off. After that first indoor I did with the Mazar and then finding out that it was not satisfactorily potent enough, I always worry that it will happen again. This grow has now made me more confident in my abilities! I've learned so much from you and all the others here. I'm so glad I took this journey with you all!

Very important question!

How do I make my pics come out in a larger size when published here? If you look at all my pics, they are all small compared to most of yours. I use the 3 megapixel setting on my camera so there is no need to resize (usually 800kb to 900kb+ when submitted). Sometimes I crop that photo to eliminate the 'excess'. From what I do know is that 420 will not except any photos larger that 1MP in size.

I just looked at the POM contest page and realized that if I enter, my pics will be tiny compared to others.

There is a 2 MB limit I believe on photos. So you can resize using your photo editing software for those parameters. Usually I resize by using inches in my graphics program. Basically 4x6 Normal picture sizes if you developed them at a photo store.

Hope this helps!

There is a 2 MB limit I believe on photos. So you can resize using your photo editing software for those parameters. Usually I resize by using inches in my graphics program. Basically 4x6 Normal picture sizes if you developed them at a photo store.

Hope this helps!

Is this something new? Used to be just 1 mb. Anything larger and it used to reject them.

Is this something new? Used to be just 1 mb. Anything larger and it used to reject them.

I'm just guessing , as I tried to upload a file larger than 2MB and it gave me an error message.

I just resize to 4 inches by 6 inches, and it comes out to about 800 bytes.

I'd pm a mod and ask what the size limits are for pics...

Nope just read it over and it's still at a max of 1 mb. Ther has got to be something I'm missing.

Is there a way to make the physical size of the photo on this page (threads) larger? All my pics seem to come out smaller than many of your pics. Stealthy's pics that he just posted here are much larger is size than mine for example.​

I use Paint Shop PRO 7

It's OLD but it works well.

Lately my pics have been UNDER the 1 MB limit so I didn't need to resize. I might have hit a button somewhere on my camera to make the pictures a different quality. I left it that way cause it made it easier for me here. You might be able to do the same with your camera. Take lower quality, but LARGER photos within the limits of this board.

Can you try adjusting the photo quality on your camera?

I open a picture in Mircrosoft Photo Manager. I resize it to somewhere close to 1000 x 1000. Sometimes it is 1300 x 800 Pixels and stuff like that and try it out. I try to keep it as close to 1000 x 1000 pixels, but I just do that math in my head. 1 out of 10 times when I go to upload it the software tells me that it is too large and I go back and make it a bit smaller. I use percentages and with my camera 40% seems to be the magic number. If I crop out all the BS I don't need in the photo I do not have to resize that much.

This one photo is 1347 x 816 pixels

Old_Hippie.jpg

The photo you have called "Bagweed_1A_2_" is only 600 x 400 pixels.

hey wood as far as your pic size questions go, you can have a pic any size as long as it is under 1MB... so you could have a pic that is huge but with low quality and it will be less than 1MB but then you can have a small pic that has great quality and be over 1MB... if you right click your photo on your desktop you can go to properties to see the file size. i use AVS image converter but its not free...

as far as contests go, its that humility that won you m.o.m. award! :) just think of it as friendly contests! like between me and my growing friends we have "contests" on who has the best smoke but its nothing serious... you should enter my man you just might be surprised (again) :goodluck:

Nope just read it over and it's still at a max of 1 mb. Ther has got to be something I'm missing.

Is there a way to make the physical size of the photo on this page (threads) larger? All my pics seem to come out smaller than many of your pics. Stealthy's pics that he just posted here are much larger is size than mine for example.​

Hi woodsy... If I may suggest using another image host. There are many to choose from and instead 420's 1Mb limit the alternative host's image restrictions may be much less restrictive. I'm sure photobucket will not allow pics of Ganj. But, Imageshack will :tokin:

see if it will work, hang on...
1000684o.jpg

this image is only a little larger than 1Mb but 420 refused it.

take it EZ.

Hey Toes link from offsite is a no no... mods will likely pull it.

WOODSMAN: I got my pink lady from a local bag. but it was supposed to be primo genetics.
was an indoor grow that had one hermie he didnt catch it till too late, but even heavily seeded the weed was awesome so I believe it.
As to the strain I couldnt get him to remember long enough to ask the grower... damn stoners...lol

So the mystery continues lol

Hola Stealthy1, I was pretty confident no rules were being "bent", however, i second guessed myself.:smokin:

After a quick re-glance @ Please Read Before Posting, I feel again reassured my post contains no forbidden propaganda, free promo or spam links to other cannabis related message boards or social networking websites. :blunt:

Appreciate the looking out S1 :smokin:

I use Paint Shop PRO 7

It's OLD but it works well.

Lately my pics have been UNDER the 1 MB limit so I didn't need to resize. I might have hit a button somewhere on my camera to make the pictures a different quality. I left it that way cause it made it easier for me here. You might be able to do the same with your camera. Take lower quality, but LARGER photos within the limits of this board.

Can you try adjusting the photo quality on your camera?

I open a picture in Mircrosoft Photo Manager. I resize it to somewhere close to 1000 x 1000. Sometimes it is 1300 x 800 Pixels and stuff like that and try it out. I try to keep it as close to 1000 x 1000 pixels, but I just do that math in my head. 1 out of 10 times when I go to upload it the software tells me that it is too large and I go back and make it a bit smaller. I use percentages and with my camera 40% seems to be the magic number. If I crop out all the BS I don't need in the photo I do not have to resize that much.

This one photo is 1347 x 816 pixels

The photo you have called "Bagweed_1A_2_" is only 600 x 400 pixels.

hey wood as far as your pic size questions go, you can have a pic any size as long as it is under 1MB... so you could have a pic that is huge but with low quality and it will be less than 1MB but then you can have a small pic that has great quality and be over 1MB... if you right click your photo on your desktop you can go to properties to see the file size. i use AVS image converter but its not free...

as far as contests go, its that humility that won you m.o.m. award! :) just think of it as friendly contests! like between me and my growing friends we have "contests" on who has the best smoke but its nothing serious... you should enter my man you just might be surprised (again) :goodluck:

Hi woodsy... If I may suggest using another image host. There are many to choose from and instead 420's 1Mb limit the alternative host's image restrictions may be much less restrictive. I'm sure photobucket will not allow pics of Ganj. But, Imageshack will :tokin:

see if it will work, hang on...

this image is only a little larger than 1Mb but 420 refused it.

take it EZ.

WOODSMAN: I got my pink lady from a local bag. but it was supposed to be primo genetics.
was an indoor grow that had one hermie he didnt catch it till too late, but even heavily seeded the weed was awesome so I believe it.
As to the strain I couldnt get him to remember long enough to ask the grower... damn stoners...lol

Hola Stealthy1, I was pretty confident no rules were being "bent", however, i second guessed myself.:smokin:

After a quick re-glance @ Please Read Before Posting, I feel again reassured my post contains no forbidden propaganda, free promo or spam links to other cannabis related message boards or social networking websites. :blunt:

Appreciate the looking out S1 :smokin:

Thanks to all of you for coming to my aid!

I set my camera to 3mp, this make the photo about 900kb (under the 1mb max allowed). sometimes I will crop the pic to get a little closer, but even if I don't crop at all, the final product seems to be small.

Oh well I'll get it figure out in time for me to enter a couple of pics into the contest.

Stealthy1 too bad the guy was f**ked up! I would love to know what I'm growing and what you showed me looks the same. The stuff I got is tremendous and it's still about two weeks out judging by the tricks and the hairs. I may not have to wait for amber with this stuff, I'll try some at clear/cloudy and also at all cloudy and so on till it's perfect.

Woods, like I said, the photo that you showed is like 600 x 400 pixels. You can go to 1000 x 1000 pixel or the mathematical equivalent. 1000 x 1000 pixel is 1mp or 1 mega pixel.

When I open a photo from my camera in Microsoft Photo Manager I am like 4500 x 3500 pixels. With photo resize feature I select percentage. If I have not cropped the photo at all I can go to 40% reduction and it is like 1300 x 800 or something like that. If I crop out stuff to get to the meat of the photo I do not have to reduce it as much. Microsoft Photo Manager came with my version of Windows 7, but I am sure it come with other versions of windows too.

So when I look at a photo in a file, I right click and select open with. When those choices appear I use Microsoft Photo Manager.

If you do not have Microsoft Photo Manager many of the other photo editing softwares work the same. Just reduce by percentages that allow you to keep your photo as big as possible yet still be under the 1mp rule here on the site. Most of those programs have an 'Undo feature', so if you pick the wrong percentage you can go back and make an adjustment. In Microsoft Photo Manager you can see how big the photo will be in the right column before you commit to the change anyway. When I do this I always use the 'Save As feature' so that I can save a duplicate file and maintain the original to it's original size.

Hope that helps.

Hi woods ,i agree withh chronic,the pink bag seed needs to be in the potm,ya got my vote:peacetwo:

HH

Thanks buddy! My problem is trying to fugure out which photos to use, I've got a zillion now!

Woods, like I said, the photo that you showed is like 600 x 400 pixels. You can go to 1000 x 1000 pixel or the mathematical equivalent. 1000 x 1000 pixel is 1mp or 1 mega pixel.

When I open a photo from my camera in Microsoft Photo Manager I am like 4500 x 3500 mp. With photo resize feature I select percentage. If I have not cropped the photo at all I can go to 40% reduction and it is like 1300 x 800 or something like that. If I crop out stuff to get to the meat of the photo I do not have to reduce it as much. Microsoft Photo Manager came with my version of Windows 7, but I am sure it come with other versions of windows too.

So when I look at a photo in a file, I right click and select open with. When those choices appear I use Microsoft Photo Manager.

If you do not have Microsoft Photo Manager many of the other photo editing softwares work the same. Just reduce by percentages that allow you to keep your photo as big as possible yet still be under the 1mp rule here on the site. Most of those programs have an 'Undo feature', so if you pick the wrong percentage you can go back and make an adjustment. In Microsoft Photo Manager you can see how big the photo will be in the right column before you commit to the change anyway. When I do this I always use the 'Save As feature' so that I can save a duplicate file and maintain the original to it's original size.

Hope that helps.

Excellent advise G! It may just be that I'm cropping too much off like you say 'to get at the meat of the photo'. I'll experiment.

well you silly woodsman...
YOU ENTER THE BEST PHOTO...put them up and let us decide here first, which is best...after all, we're the ones who vote....and u have my vote also...that plant is gorgeous...L
making spoiled brat temper tantrum sounds kicking heels....i want one too...say, grow me a couple of babes....or something to that effect...like seeds from her...just a couple on the bottom....huh huh....LoL....hugs, L:lot-o-toke::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom