WoundedKnee's First Medical Grow

Back on deck again ! Been layed up with some weird virus, I have been really ill because I couldn't hold down my meds for 7 days, which meant I got dopesick too. When I did hold down my meds, they knocked the shit out of me when I they started working again - glorious !

One good thing was I found that in the short term the Cannabis can hold its own, it is actually better, in so much as I found that you can get better relief from symptoms simply because it works straight away. There is also no dose limit, meaning that there is no side effects to having more, not many tablets have that on their side. The Girl Scout Cookie strain is pretty strong, for what ever reason, Number 3 is the strongest of the two cured plants so far. It has a really strong heavy stoned, very spicy to the taste - much like Afghan Hashish, with a nice pine hint. It is a long lasting, strong high, great for painkilling and mood lifting. Easy to sit and forget everything - perfect for PTSD and the associated joyful issues that come with it. Good for appetite too. It definetly works on pain very well, I would say taking it from an 8.5 - 9 to a 5 - 6. Doesn't sound like much, but a 33% reduction in Chronic Pain is unreal. That lets me sleep better, which makes me happier - which makes for better homelife. When all the bits of the puzzle fit, its easier to do it !! Number 1 is possibly a different phenotype, she has cured to a mintier taste, with a hint of lemon. She is a better daytime smoke. Not as heavy hitting, quite euphoric to be honest - the sort of weed that has you stick on an album you haven't heard in years and get up and do something. Its not as hard hitting on pain, especially neuropathic pain. I will see how Number 3 goes and report back.

Sour Crinkle is looking great, really thick bushy India leaning Auto. She is throwing out buds everywhere, really frosty on the leaves already. Must say they are absolutely blasting along.

Blue Toof is the tallest of the three, not as bushy as Sour Crinkle, but has buds bursting out already as well. She isn't showing the frost yet though.

El Mutante (Auto Cush) is starting to get herself together. Glad I let her run, she is starting to get a stretch on. Showing little pistils too

My Christmas Present to myself. Perfectly cured bud from Number 3. 9.6g Nugget of Festive Highness !

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all get a sack o'green under your tree.

Stay Frosty

WoundedKnee
e611ade2b3be1b5d1cc12c2aa3f284fe.jpg
2605b73017d0d510154e2e1a78e919f0.jpg
24bde010f6151b44c1bb5ee28a5650f4.jpg
61d19750ac5894272133442b21b844bb.jpg
cd1b4b57118fa6a0bc36df1c81c6ffe3.jpg
c37cb2865ecbab86aea3fb3da0b0fa5c.jpg
f2e141984ef35aa3cdbf6c18e62363d2.jpg
41cbc6b79a50ffa21732ea1920ad3b3e.jpg
c8fafcf2102e0c6db3d691241a97bee1.jpg

Nice nug! Merry Xmas mate. Enjoy.
She is really nice mate. Just went and bought a slab of one of my favourite beers and a heap of nibbles for Christmas. This has cured up really well. The 'banana box' method may be a thing. Just open the box and turn the buds 90° every day and in around 3 weeks they are done. Nice and crisp on the outside and really sticky when you pinch them. Ready for jars and then into my Dank Cellar. My aim is to try and have a selection of mature weed in 'reserve' so I can keep myself well medicated once I start the hard work of totally stopping the pills for good. I have a ton of the frosty leaves and smaller buds that were not formed properly or only small. I have dried them and I am going to have a go at making some Hashish in a Moroccan style, or maybe using an Afghan method I saw that is pretty interesting. You make the Hash the same way as the Moroccan way, but rather than press it directly, they get a warmed metal plate and add a small amount of oil (no idea what - my Pashtun is poor !) then knead the Hash on the warmed plate, where the Hash slowly turns black and becomes almost elastic. I thought I might go a bit freestyle and make some Alcohol based Cannabis oil and replace this for the oil in the Afghan method. I could use this as a possible way to use up all my trim for the future, Hash is easy to hide, ages if kept in optimum conditions and can be eaten for an optimum buzz.

Apparently you can get pure alcohol from Bunnings, get a sterile bucket and pop the whole plant into the alcohol, break it up as small as it will go, dust if possible. Leave it to break down for as long as possible, make sure its sealed or the alcohol will evaporate. Give it a got stir every day or two. Once its done, using coffee filters, strain the alcohol/oil solution. Now leave it with the lid off to evaporate. Towards the end, heat the oil in a non stick pan, avoid boiling it, keep it on a really low heat and keep stirring. Let it go cold a few times and check how its looking, once its good and thick, leave it a lid less container to make sure its 100% alcohol free. My plan was to get a cheapo coffee grinder and grind the other half of the trim/bud and then fold that into the oil after warming it up. Keep folding it over and over on a nice low heat so it carboxylates the trim. Its just a plan, but if it works, I can keep a nice supply of assorted Hash for when I fancy a change.

Sounds good but id be very surprised if bunnings stock it. Let me know. Hydro stores sell proper solvents for the job tho. Well so my hydro man keeps telling me.
Personally id like to get some sift screens and get the rosin thing going on. Very clean and pure. Just not at that stage yet.

Merry Christmas WoundedKnee. Glad to hear you survived that viral onslaught and you are feeling better. Those are some very frosty looking ladies and that is one hell of a bud. Nice work!
I have 3 monsters, I will take a photo later on, it will break my heart to cut them up to fit into jars. So far I have 2 x 1kg coffee jars full of buds so far, and probably another 3 to go in. I was thinking of keeping one, then the next time I go to a party, when someone pulls out a bud say 'call that a bud ? Now THIS is a bud !' Crocodile Dundee style. I will have what I make from all the trim. Merry Christmas Urban, have a great holidays matey.

Merry Christmas wounded..

What you mean, bound and gagged with tinsel? :rofl::rofl:

Ok, so been a hectic few weeks. I have been doing the whole Christmas thing and just enough in the secret garden to keep the ball rolling.
I chopped down Number 2, loads of beautiful buds once again. I have kept all the trim and its nice and dry. I will make some Hash in the next week or two, depends entirely on when I get the time. No real rush. Number 2 has produced the strongest weed, very heavy bedtime stuff, really good medicine.
Before I had good Medicinal Cannabis I would wake every morning and have to take my pain killers straight away. Today it was well past lunchtime before I took any meds and it was a half dose, which has worked well when combined with Cannabis. I have been sleeping better too, I used to be awake most of the night, now I may wake up two or three times, but only stay awake for a relatively short time.
My next goal is to conquer pruning, trimming and curing skills. Slowly improving on all 3, hands on time was pretty much zero before now. I am looking forward to making my Hash, found a pretty interesting method from Afghanistan on YouTube, I think I might make a few amendments and have a go at my own recipe. Whatever the result, it will be consumed ....

So whats happening with the Mephisto Genetics babies ? Well, they went absolutely mental ! I will check out the exact dates for ages. In reverse order ....

El Mutante (Auto Cush - Mephisto Genetics Breeding Stock - not for sale)

Little El Mutante has gone crazy and shot up. She still has weird nodal spacing and some leaves have weird little mutations. Otherwise she is looking really good, very Sativa looking leaves, long thin fingers on the leaves, she also has a very strong lemon/lime citrus aroma from the leaves when touched. She has popped out pistils at the nodes and some have even turned orange already. Really pleased I didn't pull her and listened to the seed seller (great to deal seed seller direct, sent them an email with some pictures they were fantastic and told me to hold on and she will be good - and she is !) She will be really good once she gets all the light in the Tent in a couple of weeks.

Blue Toof - Mephisto Genetics Illuminautos range.

I learnt not all seeds do what the seller claims. My Fast Buds Auto Girl Scout Cookies was fairly fast, but not close to the speed they claimed. To be fair it threw out a ton of buds and was really easy to grow. The Meohisto beans have been really fast, they weren't worried by lack of light or getting the same feed as the Girl Scout Cookies. The Blue Toof is really fast, she is also pretty big. She is growing a monster main cola and a few nice secondary ones. I will trim the rubbish off - into the Hash Box ! - and let the plant concentrate on growing the big fat buds. This plant is looking really good, fairly fat fingers on the leaves and a nice colour to the plant overall. Nice frosty buds coming on really well, this will be a really heavyweight bud if it keeps developing at this rate.

Sour Crinkle - Mephisto Genetics Illuminautos range.

I have a really fast growing Indica dominant phenotype, big fat thick Indica leaves and a big fat main cola and a ring of frosty secondary colas. I will trim off all the poor quality tiny buds and leaves and throw that in the Hash Box too. Hopefully this will help the big buds grow even thicker and fatter. Lovely deep British Racing Green coloured leaves, which shows off the frost really well.

Thats the story so far ! Photos are in order as listed above.

b909b8ec14171b1527867687161e54db.jpg
78376393b4f0b557a9c6e06fb88e6bfc.jpg
b6015bf6b4c1ec40ecd4403c52faaf8e.jpg
6083af7516056b025e5858b3c5b7693b.jpg
5a385d004ddc50f7aac0a09e66af7cd2.jpg
ba3b460e79b9e5110f0dd9c9d24f6839.jpg
3b12eb5df1a44bc8f6ab6beb03254e5e.jpg
d43b18ccba320626d5678ea40b25808f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom