XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Lst lookin good brother. Looks like you could lay a beach chair under em and they would appear to be laying on it. :surf:

Thanks THC - I'm really pleased with how it's going so far. We'll see how hard it gets to keep up once it really takes off!

Xlr everything is looking great man! That K2 is trying to take over, she's one big fatty! :cool:

Still loving that R/O unit? I may hit you up at a later date in regards to it, may be in the market for one.

The R/O unit is great. My life is much easier now! Feel free to hit me up with any questions now or later, but it works well.

The K2 is a fatty through and through - you should see how thick the stem is compared to the others. I'm sad this strain was discontinued as it's really a great producer - quick, thick, heavy and abundant. Each one I've grown was like it was on steroids compared to other strains. Always super healthy, too. But, variety is the spice of life anyway... I just need to find another beaut like her.

From seed: Day 34 for K2, PPP, and Missy, Day 27 for Blueberry:

Just flipped switch to 12/12. Space is limited in this thing, so I didn't dare wait longer. My plan is to stick with the MH for a week to 10 days in an attempt to minimize stretch during this phase, and then switch to HPS.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the K2 is gonna be a boy now... Looking like teeny little boy parts are starting. Hoping I'm wrong... But it's okay as long as I get at least a couple of ladies in there...

Also changed reservoir this morning, and started the bloom nutes. They mixed up a bit stronger than I had pre-calculated, but I said the hell with it and am gonna go with it a bit hotter than planned. Hope I don't regret it later! :wood:

Here's where things are at as of now:

1100 ppm
PH: 5.5
Temp 74f
RH 40%

K2 is about 9" tall, and so's the Blueberry (though not nearly as developed). Missy is about 8" or so... PPP is riding low with its LST at around 6", but would probably be 10-12" without the LST...

Here's some pictures:

All:
feb_18_all.jpg

Side-view:
feb_18_all_side.jpg

Blueberry:
feb_18_blueberry.jpg

Missy:
feb_18_mystery.jpg

Oh man, I did not realize how rude I have been! Here you have been following my journal, and I never thought to check if you had one going!! My bad!! Well, I have officially pulled up a chair and will be hanging with you all from here on out!!!

I love your setup. Very clean and professional looking!!

Subscribed.

:rollit:

Hey Smokey, not rude at all - just glad to have you aboard! :high-five:

:welcome:

Ladies looking lovely. That K2 is growing like crazy. :grinjoint:

Thanks Hemp - so far so good. I'm really hoping the PPP and the Blueberry pan out. I haven't had either yet, and variety is the spice of life, ya know?

Yeah, it's growing and making me suspicious. Clue #1: rapid growth. I'm still not certain, but I'm thinking male. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Thanks Hemp - so far so good. I'm really hoping the PPP and the Blueberry pan out. I haven't had either yet, and variety is the spice of life, ya know?

Yeah, it's growing and making me suspicious. Clue #1: rapid growth. I'm still not certain, but I'm thinking male. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Hate to say it......the males do look the best and grow like crazy. I hope your wrong too! :popcorn:

Hey XLR8, looking really good, I think you will like the simplicity of the BC system they are great for small numbers, pretty much trouble free. PPP is one of my old commercial strains in NL, we used to get some massive yields from them, but they can reach 11 ft easily so you may find yourself topping her quite often. K2 is my all time favorite smoke (never grew it), it makes me laugh no matter how bad shit gets, K2 is there. I have some blueberry I rescued from a friend, they are seriously branchy and one can fill that entire box if you let it. Good Luck

Hey XLR8, looking really good, I think you will like the simplicity of the BC system they are great for small numbers, pretty much trouble free. PPP is one of my old commercial strains in NL, we used to get some massive yields from them, but they can reach 11 ft easily so you may find yourself topping her quite often. K2 is my all time favorite smoke (never grew it), it makes me laugh no matter how bad shit gets, K2 is there. I have some blueberry I rescued from a friend, they are seriously branchy and one can fill that entire box if you let it. Good Luck

Hey there Farmer.ed! Yes, I like my BCNL box very well. I've had a few successful grows with it already, it continues to amaze me just how much bud I can get in such a small amount of space. :)

I'm really hoping I can squeeze that PPP in the box once she starts flowering - tried growing them once before and they hermied after I lost control of the height. They grew up to 4-5" some days!

I've grown K2 a couple of times now, and I love growing it - I wasn't as wowed by the smoke, but it was definitely very good. I found it excellent for edibles like brownies!! I think this K2 will be a boy - but we'll see.

I'd love to have some blueberry nug's around - never tried it but anxious to.

Thanks a ton Ed for the insights - truly welcomed and appreciated my friend!
:thanks:

Have you tried Bushmaster? it is from Humboldt County's Own, I love their products, only a touch is really needed, I used it on my G-13 and Chocalope cross, it outgrew my tent in 3 weeks, so I cut them back to 7 nodes and hit them with bushmaster and had a shrub of Sativa. I did however have to add about 4 weeks onto my harvest time since I was only trimming finished buds and leaving the rest.

Have you tried Bushmaster? it is from Humboldt County's Own, I love their products, only a touch is really needed, I used it on my G-13 and Chocalope cross, it outgrew my tent in 3 weeks, so I cut them back to 7 nodes and hit them with bushmaster and had a shrub of Sativa. I did however have to add about 4 weeks onto my harvest time since I was only trimming finished buds and leaving the rest.

I haven't but I've been looking at it for something to try in the future. Right now I'm just trying to get good at LST and see where that takes me.

Thanks for the suggestions farmer.ed - the info on bushmaster is something I'm definitely interested in as I want to try this - perhaps next grow. How is G13 - is it real good or more hype? :thanks:

Update from last night - From seed: Day 36 for K2, PPP, and Missy, Day 29 for Blueberry --- Day 3 of 12/12:

Not much has changed since last update - still a bit early to tell sex on any of them, but I'm guessing in a week I'll know most of them if not all. We'll see.

They're really filling out. The PPP has 6 or 7 tops going now in response to the LST - it's really cool how well this is working and how easy it has been to do so far. :wood: I'm thinking it'll get harder as they start stretching...

Here's where things are at as of last night:

PH: 5.8
Temp 74f
RH 41%

Here's a shot of the group:
feb_21_11_all.jpg

Here's a side-view of the ladies:
feb_21_allside.jpg

Here's temp and RH:
feb_21_temps.jpg

Happy growing everyone! Time for one of these: :bong:

Whats up XLR8, As a fellow DWC enthusiast I want to congratulate you on the awesome progress your making with this grow. Also I was just curious as to why the front left and the back left are so much smaller than the front right plant? I read from earlier that there are different strains in the mix, but is that one just really that much faster of a grower or did something happen with lighting or nutrients or something?
Just curioust.
Yo im definitely down to subscribe take a look at the first and second grow links in my Sig. The one in Veg is a DWC bucket with a Recirculating chiller hooked up, just about to switch her 2 bloom in a week and test a new strategy. My hydroponic mentor told me that when I switch my girl to 12 and 12 I should continue feeding her the same regiment of Veg nutrients (Dutch Master gold-grow I believe the same nutrients your using if im not mistaken) for the first week of putting her into flower. Helps keep branches firm and thick when she stretches, and its suppose to help create more bud sites faster in the early stages. I'll let you know how it works out in case you wanna try it if you wern't already.
Take care dude excited to see how things go.
-Hydrologist

Whats up XLR8, As a fellow DWC enthusiast I want to congratulate you on the awesome progress your making with this grow. Also I was just curious as to why the front left and the back left are so much smaller than the front right plant? I read from earlier that there are different strains in the mix, but is that one just really that much faster of a grower or did something happen with lighting or nutrients or something?
Just curioust.
Yo im definitely down to subscribe take a look at the first and second grow links in my Sig. The one in Veg is a DWC bucket with a Recirculating chiller hooked up, just about to switch her 2 bloom in a week and test a new strategy. My hydroponic mentor told me that when I switch my girl to 12 and 12 I should continue feeding her the same regiment of Veg nutrients (Dutch Master gold-grow I believe the same nutrients your using if im not mistaken) for the first week of putting her into flower. Helps keep branches firm and thick when she stretches, and its suppose to help create more bud sites faster in the early stages. I'll let you know how it works out in case you wanna try it if you wern't already.
Take care dude excited to see how things go.
-Hydrologist

Hey there Hydrologist - thanks for the kind words and checking out my journal!

Difference in height issue is probably not quite what it seems. The back left plant was started a week later, and has been kinda funky all along, but it was the only Blueberry seed I had left, and I wanted to see if it would start to flourish eventually. It's doing pretty well now, so we'll see.

The front left plant (PPP) would probably be the tallest except it's been getting LST. so a lot of it's growth has been horizontal. There's some pics a couple of pages back that show this in greater detail. The front right plant (K2) is also just an aggressive grower, and I think it might end up being a male...

I almost tried using veg nutes longer like you suggested, but am going to wait until another grow to do that. I am extending the use of my MH bulbs a week to 10 days into 12/12 to try to minimize stretch.

Take care and thanks again for popping by!

Ta

From seed: Day 40 for K2, PPP, and Missy, Day 33 for Blueberry --- Day 7 of 12/12:

**I could really use a bit of insight regarding the second and third pictures - there's a little hole on one of the PPP leaves, and it looks like it's getting bigger. It seems to be just the one spot, and I've never had this before - any tips greatly appreciated! It's only the one little spot, but I'm obsessive over the health of my plants...**

Here's where things are at as of last night:

PH: 5.6
Temp 73f
RH 45%

Here's an overview of them all - PPP(front left), Blueberry(rear left), Missy(Rear right), and K2(front right)
feb_24_11_all.jpg

Here's first picture of PPP leaf with little hole:
ppp_leaf_closeup_2.jpg

Here's a second picture of the hole in the PPP leaf, it's pretty close to the center of the picture:
ppp_leaf_closeup.jpg

Thanks in advance for any insight - :thanks:

High XL!
I've been hiding in the bushes on this one checking in when you update. Neat little grow you've got going for sure!
The hole does'nt look to be too much of a problem. You might have had a little bug fly in and take a taste of the plant and then moved on. Check the underside of the leaves really good to see if there might be bugs or even a little leaf muncher though I doubt it's a leaf muncher.....their path of destruction is very noticable and increases daily.
If you make any insect discoveries hit 'em now while they're trying to set up shop and they'll be much easier to wipe out before they have colonies of mulitple generations established :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom