Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wondering is Skywalker OG, the sativa pheno of OG Kush? And is this the same strain that was tightly held for so long with no seeds available? If so, this strain will soon join my queue of future grows.

Just wondering is Skywalker OG, the sativa pheno of OG Kush? And is this the same strain that was tightly held for so long with no seeds available? If so, this strain will soon join my queue of future grows.
I should have also asked, is this photoperiod or auto?

Isn't it Skywalker (Blueberry x Mazar) x OG Kush?

Okay, I've been doing some reading and there's some confusion over the name Skywalker.
Looks like there was a cut of OG Kush named Skywalker Kush/Skywalker OG, and later someone bred Blueberry and Mazar together and called it Skywalker. That cross was bred to OG Kush.
The seeds being sold now as Skywalker OG/Skywalker Kush are the cross. They're indica dominant, and I don't know how they compare to the original. There's a thread on here that talks about the original, and here's a link to page 3.
Sorry @gwhunran , this is not the weed you're looking for. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Okay, I've been doing some reading and there's some confusion over the name Skywalker.
Looks like there was a cut of OG Kush named Skywalker Kush/Skywalker OG, and later someone bred Blueberry and Mazar together and called it Skywalker. That cross was bred to OG Kush.
The seeds being sold now as Skywalker OG/Skywalker Kush are the cross. They're indica dominant, and I don't know how they compare to the original. There's a thread on here that talks about the original, and here's a link to page 3.
Sorry @gwhunran , this is not the weed you're looking for. (Sorry, couldn't resist)
Here's something interesting in that link from 420 founder

Hi James,

When you posted this, first thing that ran through my mind was, "I wonder if he's talking about Luke aka Ron." After speaking with Luke/Ron last night, we decided to out his real name, to help shed some light on the reality of who is saying what and claiming to be who, regarding this strain. Luke Skywalker's real name is Ron Cabrera and this is what he had to say about your post.

"There's really no way to tell which came first. My best research indicates they may have all came at the same time from Chemdog bag seed. So, I maintain Skywalker is the most Sativa OG, and is superior in that regard to Herowana [sp?] and that Herowana was more widely dispersed from the beginning, and the OG line that became Skywalker was always more sequestered, and perhaps that could create the impression that Herowana came first simply because no one knew there were different OGs, let alone the Skywalker which was not named until years later. In fact, in the time frame of which we're speaking Herowana didn't even have its name yet. So to say it [Herowana] came first just points out that the more prevalent, higher Indica content OG we all had in the past, we are all just now saying, 'that was the Herowana,' it had no name back then. I personally remember when old guys started calling the OG 'Herowana' as a joke to explain how strong our pot is compared to what they smoked back in the day. I think the name Herowana was finally settled on for the more Indica OG way after Skywalker was becoming well known, and this was in response to Skywalker's popularity and an attempt to market another strain. So one last time, it was only out of the realization that 'all those years' the more Indica OG from the past 'must have been Herowana' that one could conclude it is older than and more original than Skywalker. It is simply a matter of prevalence and assumption. Further, I still maintain that I am the one who first delineated they were different because I had Herowana since the year 2000 and Skywalker since 2002, and I ran thorough experiments to differentiate them. I talked with the guys I got it from and everyone says the OG which is now named Skywalker is the original OG, indicating that those people there at the time are in the know, but how can anybody know for certain when what is certain, they all came from the same bag seed as far back as 1998! Regardless, in 2008 I ran further tests showing nutrient threshold differences between the two further convincing me there is a true difference between Herowana and Skywalker. I will publish these results soon here at 420 Magazine. Well I hope this puts all assumptions to rest."

Ron Cabrera aka Luke Skywalker

Skywalker og is one of the best og kush strains that I have tried. But it is not the original og kush. I got my original og kush from a select group of growers who includes b-real from cypress hill. My friend Ron is the only person that I can verify having the true Skywalker and we went head to head growing my og cut and his Skywalker. Both strains are available in clone form only and they look almost identical. Both have dominant 3 blade leafs with an occasional curl on one blade. We thought they were the same but noticed slight differences during week 3 while we were running the same nutes on both. In the end we couldn't tell the difference between buds as they both had similar appearances and aroma. My og was just a little more dense than his Skywalker and the taste and smoke was slightly richer with my og. We concluded that they weren't the same exact strain but very close. Ron's Skywalker nugs grew a little more sativa like while my og nugs were a little more dense and slightly more indica looking. In the end Ron admitted that I had the original og cut. Don't get me wrong you put them side by side and the avg person could not tell the difference. But if you are a true og connoisseur you will know. My og which I call herojuana og and Ron's Skywalker are by far the best og's in the market.

420 Magazine®

Sorry, it took a while for my stoned ass to get the joke. For the rest of you that might be stoned too, it's a Star Wars reference where Obi does a little mind control on some Stormtroopers. :cool:

Here's something interesting in that link from 420 founder

Hi James,

When you posted this, first thing that ran through my mind was, "I wonder if he's talking about Luke aka Ron." After speaking with Luke/Ron last night, we decided to out his real name, to help shed some light on the reality of who is saying what and claiming to be who, regarding this strain. Luke Skywalker's real name is Ron Cabrera and this is what he had to say about your post.

420 Magazine®
This is the kind of strain talk that gives me a woody. Thank you all, gentlemen.

Highya SO,

Yes on the catnip. We have a cat, and Julie sows catnip into toys for Annabelle. She loves playing with them. You can make tea from the leaves. Plus, it's great for bees. Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Yes on the catnip. We have a cat, and Julie sows catnip into toys for Annabelle. She loves playing with them. You can make tea from the leaves. Plus, it's great for bees. Happy Smokin'
Both leaves and flowers are psychoactive for kitty?
Its pretty simple to grow. Just use any old herb as your guide.

Im gonna level with you and say it tastes horrible. Not even a little buzz.

Best off just giving it to the cat.
Hey DV8 :rofl: :laugh: you're a pioneer for trying it! :adore: This is for the cat though.

Both leaves and flowers are psychoactive for kitty?
I think the leaves are more potent than the flowers in this case.
To keep my cat away from my plants I had catnip planted on the other side of the garden. She ate leaves right off the plant.
IIRC, the chemical that cats like is secreted from the leaves like mint (which it's related to).

Highya SO,

I don't know if it's psychoactive or not, but she sure likes playing with catnip toys. Maybe it's the terpenes in it. You can use it in tea, and a little honey. And it is a part of the mint family. Happy Smokin'

I think the leaves are more potent than the flowers in this case.
To keep my cat away from my plants I had catnip planted on the other side of the garden. She ate leaves right off the plant.
IIRC, the chemical that cats like is secreted from the leaves like mint (which it's related to).
Sweet!
Highya SO,

I don't know if it's psychoactive or not, but she sure likes playing with catnip toys. Maybe it's the terpenes in it. You can use it in tea, and a little honey. And it is a part of the mint family. Happy Smokin'
People tea too huh? I'll have to try it. I do like mint. Now I'm off to read on Jadam. The trails I walk have been coming alive with tiny flowers and life! This weather break is fantastic! Happy belated Spring!

Sweet!

People tea too huh? I'll have to try it. I do like mint. Now I'm off to read on Jadam. The trails I walk have been coming alive with tiny flowers and life! This weather break is fantastic! Happy belated Spring!
Keep an eye out for sticks or rotted wood with a white cottony coating on them. That's the leaf mold you're looking for to innoculate your fermentations. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom