100% sativa strains

I’ve always been a more Indica/Hybrid leaning user, but now I find myself wanting to try the other spectrum. I too have a Malawi growing in my tent and just finishing week 3, along with a Lennon and Sour Diesel. Just made another order with Ace Seeds to grow Golden Tiger, Golden Tiger x Panama, and Killer A5 Haze hopefully come Late Nov or Early Dec. along with maybe a Mimosa EVO and Colombian Jack

I'm currently working with some Chocolate Thai and its amazing... some of the most unique terps I have come across yet.... cigar/cardboard/fall spices/chocolate and the high is soaring uppity feel good "best day of your life" type feeling.

I don't believe you can get 100% pure chocolate thai anymore (from what I have gathered, as the original beans were all female, and a male was needed to make regular seeds)... so at some point big sur holy weed was crossed into it, and then it was bx'd a few times back into the chocolate thai... so its like 85-90% sativa. I found both a short flowering pheno 60-70 days, and the others were long flowering 100+ days, but the terps and high were very similar and mostly plant structure is what changes pheno to pheno, with slight variations in the terps.

look up Drawoh Chocolate Thai... also time to time Hazeman will do limited releases of seeds.

I have also ran Bangi Haze F9's, but I made seeds so I didn't actually try any of the buds so I can't comment on the highs... unfortunately its not pure landrace congo sativa as at some point they had crossed some hashplant or paki into it I believe. The F9's I ran were very uniform and similar in size and most features, however terpenes were different on the phenos slightly. I don't remember the exact flowering time, but I don't think it was a long flowering, and more of a medium flowering time.
Great information !!! have seen some chocolate thai seeds and have heard that' it's worth growing - so now I planing Malwai, Thai (choloclate) and need three more - will be checking out Ace, Holy Smokes because of feminized seeds but now regular seeds : The real Seed Company,Authenic lances, tropical seeds and world of seeds
image.jpeg
Is Malwai really as strong as it's said to be ?

Ace seeds keeps some pure sativas alive ,,,,bangi Haze, old timers Haze, classic panama , golden tiger , Honduras,, not alot of inbred sativas around anymore ,,, but all these would compare flower time with your malawi
their Golden Tiger x Panama sound real interesting and it comes in fem's Going to go to Dr. Greenthumbs for my Panama -- Dr, Greenthumbs Panama is Refferman's Panama x Panama sativa

I'm currently working with some Chocolate Thai and its amazing... some of the most unique terps I have come across yet.... cigar/cardboard/fall spices/chocolate and the high is soaring uppity feel good "best day of your life" type feeling.

I don't believe you can get 100% pure chocolate thai anymore (from what I have gathered, as the original beans were all female, and a male was needed to make regular seeds)... so at some point big sur holy weed was crossed into it, and then it was bx'd a few times back into the chocolate thai... so its like 85-90% sativa. I found both a short flowering pheno 60-70 days, and the others were long flowering 100+ days, but the terps and high were very similar and mostly plant structure is what changes pheno to pheno, with slight variations in the terps.

look up Drawoh Chocolate Thai... also time to time Hazeman will do limited releases of seeds.

I have also ran Bangi Haze F9's, but I made seeds so I didn't actually try any of the buds so I can't comment on the highs... unfortunately its not pure landrace congo sativa as at some point they had crossed some hashplant or paki into it I believe. The F9's I ran were very uniform and similar in size and most features, however terpenes were different on the phenos slightly. I don't remember the exact flowering time, but I don't think it was a long flowering, and more of a medium flowering time.

Icemud, just curious, was the Chocolate Thai you ran, with the "best day of your life" type feeling, and chocolate flavors, was that Drawoh's Chocolate Thai?

Was thinking of picking up those Drawoh seeds, looking for exactly that type of effect. Tried some "hot chocolate" strain a few years back from a California dispensary and it seemed very similar to what you're describing.

Ace has a few pure sativa's. I have only seen Malawi grown once indoors. They are extremely stretchy. Even Ace reccomends you start 11/13 light cycle 15 days from seed to keep it from getting out of control. I would look for another tall growing plant to go with it so you can get the lighting more even.

Icemud, just curious, was the Chocolate Thai you ran, with the "best day of your life" type feeling, and chocolate flavors, was that Drawoh's Chocolate Thai?

Was thinking of picking up those Drawoh seeds, looking for exactly that type of effect. Tried some "hot chocolate" strain a few years back from a California dispensary and it seemed very similar to what you're describing.
Yes and no.. .Here is what I documented in my breeding notes from the research I did when I was popping them. From my understanding its the closest you can get to the original Chocolate thai. I also had extreme trouble getting a male to pop, took me something like 24 seeds to finally get a male. The beans I got were from Hazeman and here is the backstory.

Here is what I found on EU seedfinder:

Chocolate Thai Bx (OG Chocolate Thai F2 x OG Chocolate Thai F3 x Big Sur Holy Weed male)

Joint project with Drawoh of Collectable Seeds. Drawoh selected a male and females for a bulking of the OG Chocolate Thai line. These were grown out from his stock of F2’s. I also grew out my F3’s after losing all but a few plants in a selection warehouse which I lost a years’ worth of selections and more. So none of the F3’s Chocolate Thais provided a male, only females. So I used a selected Chocolate Thai x BSHW male from my Holy Chocolate Thai line which used a F3 male originally. The Holy Chocolate Thai is some of my best work, the taste of the buds are sweet, delicately tropical scented, very hypnotic aroma when flowers are gently squeezed. So this backcross to the F2 Chocolate Thai female will give you 75% of the Chocolate Thais genetics but with the other 25% coming from an Indica pheno of the Big Sur Holy Weed line which adds it unique old school effects. Nothing quite like it but the high is very potent, soaring, trippy and can catch you off guard if grow properly.”

This above is what is known as Drawoh Chocolate Thai 2.5.

Hazeman took Drawoh Chocolate Thai 2.5 x Drawoh Chocolate Thai 2.5 to create these F4 Chocolate Thai seeds.

I took Hazemans F4's, and crossed Choc Thai F4 x Choc Thai F4 using 5 female phoenos and 2 males in an open pollen project. This created F5s.

The Chocolate Thai I germinatied are F4’s and the beans I made are F5s and hybrid crosses. I also found both phenos and some hybrids... I found the shorter flowering time "indica-hybrid dom" plants which were shorter flowering time and more tighter structure which still packed the chocolate/cardboard/autumn spice/cigar tobacco terps but were much shorter flowering. (I kept one of these for my current breeding projects). I also found the long flowering fully sativa dom phenos which had the sativa/landrace type buds which were tall and lanky, airy and made up of spindles instead of chunky buds. Both phenos has the same type of good energy high and the terps were very similar for all phenos. Mostly size of plant and flowering length were the difference.

Yes and no.. .Here is what I documented in my breeding notes from the research I did when I was popping them. From my understanding its the closest you can get to the original Chocolate thai. I also had extreme trouble getting a male to pop, took me something like 24 seeds to finally get a male. The beans I got were from Hazeman and here is the backstory.

Thanks Icemud, cool to hear about your work on this line! Thanks for working to preserve old school genetics. Interesting to hear that the F5 tall sativa structure plants have the same high and terps as the more indica leaning ones, I would have imagined they would be different. I was gonna get the Drawoh version from Snowhigh, should be the same thing no?

Thanks Icemud, cool to hear about your work on this line! Thanks for working to preserve old school genetics. Interesting to hear that the F5 tall sativa structure plants have the same high and terps as the more indica leaning ones, I would have imagined they would be different. I was gonna get the Drawoh version from Snowhigh, should be the same thing no?
Im pretty sure that I read that snowhighs is the same.

With Malawi and in particular RSC's Malawi don't short yourself by only letting it run 16 weeks. The first time I ran it I cut it at 22 weeks. It would have gone longer. Let it run that long and cure it for 2 to 3 months. Make sure you don't have to go anywhere that day. Find out what Malawi is about.

Back
Top Bottom