1000W Purple Grow

I understand if it's asking too much but what kind of yield did you pull out of that tent? I've been speculating and wondering like crazy. I plan on flipping them by this weekend, I'm starting to think I should put maybe 2 of those 3 monthers and fill in around them with clones as they root. I just want to get as much in there that I can without overcrowding the tent. Gotta think about this a little bit more, Im sure it's gonna be good any which way, maybe all these cfls I got will be getting some more use.

Thanks man!

I understand if it's asking too much but what kind of yield did you pull out of that tent? I've been speculating and wondering like crazy. I plan on flipping them by this weekend, I'm starting to think I should put maybe 2 of those 3 monthers and fill in around them with clones as they root. I just want to get as much in there that I can without overcrowding the tent. Gotta think about this a little bit more, Im sure it's gonna be good any which way, maybe all these cfls I got will be getting some more use.

Its actually a sealed room thats about 15X8, I only used the white 4X4 tray last grow with 10 plants and got a little over a lb. I didn't really LST them that much and only vegged them for about a month. It gets overcrowded pretty quickly, in these new pics I have 7 plants in the white 4X4 tray and its starting to get a little crowded. I went to CFL's also, I just put up my veg light which is 200W.

New pics
009392.JPG

011329.JPG

012276.JPG

006460.JPG
008432.JPG
007463.JPG
005524.JPG
010372.JPG

004564.JPG

I added a 200W CFL veg light, down to 7 plants in the white 4X4 tray, 2 on the left 2X3 tray and the 3 smallest in front on the table. Hope the veg spectrum doesn't slow em down at all.

Thanks for the reply bb, ive come to the conclusion that my 2 5 gallon dwc plants are gonna get pushed out of the tent this time around so that will drop the count to 5 and then I have 1 plant that I only have one of (la blanca) ghat should be a pretty good med plant rather than a straight up tie you to the couch high like the others are probably going to be like but I figure I'll keep her as a mom and as the clones come along I'll start adding trays of 12 if space permits, they will probably be zero start or 1 possibly 2 week max of veg so I can at least get a taste of all the different strains without crowding anyone of them out to much. Also the tent is actually 60" x 60" but labeled 4x4, are they all like that? I don't even know if the 4x8 would fit if that's the case. So the final count will be 4 total to start with I think by doing that I can max out those 4 plants fairly well. I gotta restart my own journal, it's tough to get help without posting your entire op. But I'm glad I stumbled across yours again and thanks for the help dude, I'll definitely be watching but good luck with the rest of your grow.

Is that Tarzan and Jane i see in the 3rd pic? lol

Id love a set up like yours one day, i love purple bud too! :goodjob:

There better not be any Tarzans in there, only Janes are permitted. Purple bud is the best!

Thanks for the reply bb, ive come to the conclusion that my 2 5 gallon dwc plants are gonna get pushed out of the tent this time around so that will drop the count to 5 and then I have 1 plant that I only have one of (la blanca) ghat should be a pretty good med plant rather than a straight up tie you to the couch high like the others are probably going to be like but I figure I'll keep her as a mom and as the clones come along I'll start adding trays of 12 if space permits, they will probably be zero start or 1 possibly 2 week max of veg so I can at least get a taste of all the different strains without crowding anyone of them out to much. Also the tent is actually 60" x 60" but labeled 4x4, are they all like that? I don't even know if the 4x8 would fit if that's the case. So the final count will be 4 total to start with I think by doing that I can max out those 4 plants fairly well. I gotta restart my own journal, it's tough to get help without posting your entire op. But I'm glad I stumbled across yours again and thanks for the help dude, I'll definitely be watching but good luck with the rest of your grow.

Are you still in veg? and how big are your plants now? The 4X4 tray fits 7 plants without to much crowding and I LST'd every plant so they are some bushy bitches. 4 plants in a 4X4 area would produce some trees thats for sure. You definately don't want to sacrifice bud density and quality for yield. The lower branches and areas that don't get enough light just end up being a pain in the ass come trim time plus the smoke isn't as good.

Thanks for stopping in here Whitey, do you have any pics?

I do have pics but my computer crashed a week ago and I haven't fixed it yet so I've been posting from my iPhone which I can post pics from but I can't scrub the info on the pics without a pc. But I'll borrow my brothers laptop tonight and post some pics, I've been making alot of statements with no pics so.... LoL

I am still in veg but I'll be flipping them tonight, contemplating setting the timer 4:20pm this evening, for luck or some good karma hopefully. But I was going to leave the lights off until 4:20pm tomorrow to come on so I'll be running the 12/12s on a night schedule, but is the leaving them in the dark for 24 hours the consensus before turning the lights back on?? Or should I go longer/shorter?? Ive been flushing them since yesterday so I figure by tonight I'll have all the ones I am going to flower just about ready, I've just been letting them get a little fatter under the hid light for a week or so and flushing and all that. May as well get them looking perfect, I had a busy busy busy last week, I spent a good 9 hours driving to and from a hydro shop a ways away (going through a 5 0 checkpoint with my car LOADED with grow gear in a non legal mj state, not fun but funny afterwords) so my plants got the bare minimum of care last week on top of being moved all over the place all stressed as well. Figured an extra week of veg for everyone couldnt hurt but I'm just about done so I'll definitely be sending them in tonight.

They are roughly 2 feet tall, a few are a little taller and some a little shorter but all within 4-6 inches aside from the moghers. But they were veged under flouros and cfls so they are straight up bushes, I didn't lst any of the ones going into flower but I did some topping and fimming with most of them but this is my very first grow so I was (did some more the other say) a little scared to cut them like that but that fear is gone, I lsted my tangerine dream the other day and I didn't do it because I wanted to, it was getting ready to out grow some 9 foot ceilings. The thing is just way to big man. I ended up getting her pulled down past 90 degrees pretty easily, took 2 sessions though.

My experience on the 24hr dark cycle thing is that doing this will actually cause your plants to enter flowering more quickly without any negative effects to yield potency stress so on, i am new to your journal and i know this is sorta old news but i saw early on in your journal that there was some debate about starting your plants in 12/12 light and wanted to say my piece on that as well, i spend a good bit of my time reading books magazines studies and obviously forums that are related to cultivation and breeding and i have a few breeders i follow regularly, as far as i have seen and from the information i have read the main ways to cause stress through your light cycle is by having too long of a day cycle midway through flowering, timers break, not turning your lights off etc which when you think about the natural cycle of the plant flowering is triggered in nature by the shortening of days indicating to the plant that the season is coming to an end when your light stays on to long it stresses your plants out that is the first way, the second way is by having lights come on midway through your dark cycle this causes stress hermies mutations etc you will never harm your plants with too much dark as far as i have seen, only light at the wrong time, i have put plants in for even 48hr of dark to get them super charged into flower and in high summer forcing photoperiod, (moving plants indoors to a light proof ventilated room at night) i have finished querkle in 39 days using 11 hours of full sun and 13 hours COMPLETE darkness without losing any yield and with quality the average toker cant tell from topshelf indoor with weeks more flowering time, back to the 12/12 thing my favorite breeder i follow who has been growing more then 30 yrs actually recommends starting seeds this way when transplanting to outdoors in spring because using a full 24hr veg cycle then moving to outdoors will cause your plants to slow down at first before reveging because flowering is induced by any increase in darkness so by using the 12/12 early on then transplanting outdoors it stops your plants from that initial slowdown that happens when you go to your natural day light cycle of early spring from say a 24 hour veg the balance is finding the females early enough to stop them getting to far into flowering which would counteract the time saved, this says to me that actually by timing the swapping of your photo period with your seeds if you take the females and put them under 18/6 or 24 full right after they start showing this should help you sex and reveg more quickly and shouldnt harm your plants in the slightest, hope that helps :goodluck:

I do have pics but my computer crashed a week ago and I haven't fixed it yet so I've been posting from my iPhone which I can post pics from but I can't scrub the info on the pics without a pc. But I'll borrow my brothers laptop tonight and post some pics, I've been making alot of statements with no pics so.... LoL

I am still in veg but I'll be flipping them tonight, contemplating setting the timer 4:20pm this evening, for luck or some good karma hopefully. But I was going to leave the lights off until 4:20pm tomorrow to come on so I'll be running the 12/12s on a night schedule, but is the leaving them in the dark for 24 hours the consensus before turning the lights back on?? Or should I go longer/shorter?? Ive been flushing them since yesterday so I figure by tonight I'll have all the ones I am going to flower just about ready, I've just been letting them get a little fatter under the hid light for a week or so and flushing and all that. May as well get them looking perfect, I had a busy busy busy last week, I spent a good 9 hours driving to and from a hydro shop a ways away (going through a 5 0 checkpoint with my car LOADED with grow gear in a non legal mj state, not fun but funny afterwords) so my plants got the bare minimum of care last week on top of being moved all over the place all stressed as well. Figured an extra week of veg for everyone couldnt hurt but I'm just about done so I'll definitely be sending them in tonight.

They are roughly 2 feet tall, a few are a little taller and some a little shorter but all within 4-6 inches aside from the moghers. But they were veged under flouros and cfls so they are straight up bushes, I didn't lst any of the ones going into flower but I did some topping and fimming with most of them but this is my very first grow so I was (did some more the other say) a little scared to cut them like that but that fear is gone, I lsted my tangerine dream the other day and I didn't do it because I wanted to, it was getting ready to out grow some 9 foot ceilings. The thing is just way to big man. I ended up getting her pulled down past 90 degrees pretty easily, took 2 sessions though.

Timer at 4:20...great way to honor the 420 gods!

Every other grow I left them in the dark for 30 hours before flipping the switch, this grow I went straight into 12/12, I couldn't really tell a difference either way. I agree with Santa Chronic though you cannot harm your plants by leaving them in an extended period of darkness and it may even be beneficial to do so.

At first I thought LST'ing was a pain in the ass but now its one of the best parts about growing!

Sounds like things are going good for your first grow:thumb: I wish I still had some pics of my first grow, you should have seen the plants the first month or two. First I starved them, then over fed them, then bleached/burned them with the light, its a wonder they survived to harvest.

My experience on the 24hr dark cycle thing is that doing this will actually cause your plants to enter flowering more quickly without any negative effects to yield potency stress so on, i am new to your journal and i know this is sorta old news but i saw early on in your journal that there was some debate about starting your plants in 12/12 light and wanted to say my piece on that as well, i spend a good bit of my time reading books magazines studies and obviously forums that are related to cultivation and breeding and i have a few breeders i follow regularly, as far as i have seen and from the information i have read the main ways to cause stress through your light cycle is by having too long of a day cycle midway through flowering, timers break, not turning your lights off etc which when you think about the natural cycle of the plant flowering is triggered in nature by the shortening of days indicating to the plant that the season is coming to an end when your light stays on to long it stresses your plants out that is the first way, the second way is by having lights come on midway through your dark cycle this causes stress hermies mutations etc you will never harm your plants with too much dark as far as i have seen, only light at the wrong time, i have put plants in for even 48hr of dark to get them super charged into flower and in high summer forcing photoperiod, (moving plants indoors to a light proof ventilated room at night) i have finished querkle in 39 days using 11 hours of full sun and 13 hours COMPLETE darkness without losing any yield and with quality the average toker cant tell from topshelf indoor with weeks more flowering time, back to the 12/12 thing my favorite breeder i follow who has been growing more then 30 yrs actually recommends starting seeds this way when transplanting to outdoors in spring because using a full 24hr veg cycle then moving to outdoors will cause your plants to slow down at first before reveging because flowering is induced by any increase in darkness so by using the 12/12 early on then transplanting outdoors it stops your plants from that initial slowdown that happens when you go to your natural day light cycle of early spring from say a 24 hour veg the balance is finding the females early enough to stop them getting to far into flowering which would counteract the time saved, this says to me that actually by timing the swapping of your photo period with your seeds if you take the females and put them under 18/6 or 24 full right after they start showing this should help you sex and reveg more quickly and shouldnt harm your plants in the slightest, hope that helps :goodluck:

:welcome:

Wow! great info Santa, it makes sense that starting from 12/12 then introducing them outside would help to eliminate the intial slow down especially if you were on a 24/0. Really even on 12/12 the plants Veg themselves for about 3 weeks. This grow most didn't show sex till 21 days from seed I had one hold out that took 26 days. I think DocBud did a 12/12 from seed grow and his plants still vegged for about 3-4 weeks.

There is a bit of a slowdown when flipping from 12/12 to 18/6 but no more than 2-3 days, the plants still grow they are just very confused, it takes a couple days for them to figure it out.

Thanks for stopping in Santa Chronic!

Looking good dude, I can not wait for mine to even resemble what you got going on there. I actually couldn't make the deadline that night and decided honoring the 420 gods was going to lead more time with my veg room lights on while my flower tent lights were off so I decided that the lights going from 2 to 2 was going to give me at least 6 hours with both rooms being in lights out, they are separated but still close enough that if I leave the veg room door open and the poly isn't in place blocking the doorway, light will hit my flower tent so i figured its best to keep the 2 rooms on as close a schedule as possible. And it keeps a good 6 hours of power being consumed by the 1000 watter happening at night.

But I can already see something going on. They look like they all got taller and puffed up pretty good so I can only imagine what's coming real soon.... I'm sure they needed a flush as well but they really look like they've literally leaped over night.

I know I promised pics plural but I am still having some technical difficulties with my computer, and I really don't want to keep using my brothers school lappy but here's one to prove I'm not a liar, lol.

IMG_0252-Copy.png

Looking good dude, I can not wait for mine to even resemble what you got going on there. I actually couldn't make the deadline that night and decided honoring the 420 gods was going to lead more time with my veg room lights on while my flower tent lights were off so I decided that the lights going from 2 to 2 was going to give me at least 6 hours with both rooms being in lights out, they are separated but still close enough that if I leave the veg room door open and the poly isn't in place blocking the doorway, light will hit my flower tent so i figured its best to keep the 2 rooms on as close a schedule as possible. And it keeps a good 6 hours of power being consumed by the 1000 watter happening at night.

But I can already see something going on. They look like they all got taller and puffed up pretty good so I can only imagine what's coming real soon.... I'm sure they needed a flush as well but they really look like they've literally leaped over night.

I know I promised pics plural but I am still having some technical difficulties with my computer, and I really don't want to keep using my brothers school lappy but here's one to prove I'm not a liar, lol.

IMG_0252-Copy.png

Nice pic :high-five:those ladies are gonna be huge, probably put on 40-50% in the next couple weeks, are you gonna try and keep your night temps close to your day temps to reduce stretch? I got about an 8-10 degree difference between day and night and the stretch was somewhat manageable. I had to LST the Blue Cheese today cause three branches were about 42" or so pulled them down to about 38" but its still a little out of control. Definately avoid light leaks at all costs, don't want to ruin all your hard work.

Looking forward to more pics:grinjoint:

Beautiful sea of green BB.
Thanks Hemp!

Did a mini flush today, 5-6 gallons of straight tap water. I haven't had to use Calmag at all the last few weeks, I guess theres enough micros in my tap water afterall. Foliar fed with snowstorm ultra over the weekend, I'll probably just add it to the tap water from now on. I Feel bad for my dehumidifier its a 42qt and I'm having to empty it twice a day, hope it doesn't die on me.

Back
Top Bottom