1000W Purple Grow

Personally for keeping my mothers I just have a closet that I hung 2 250w cfl's in on the tops shelfs and over the lower section I hung a 4' 4Bulb t-12 flouro with 4 40w bulbs 2 6500k's and 2 3100k's but after finding a new flouro bulb with a color temp of 4200k I think I am change the 3100's as I prefer to use far more blue and white light during veg then the yellow and red spectrum

About your problem whit reg seeds ar not good you spend money on light and medium, and you lost time! Buy fem seeds and you save money on light and medium! And you will have more fun whit your growth! Peace Jimmy

Great info you guys, thats why this site kicks ass! It makes sense that until the plant has shown sex in veg its not ready to be flowered. I would love to veg every plant till sexual maturity the only thing preventing me is not knowing how many girls I'm going to end up with until 5-6 weeks into the grow. I can only veg 12 plants at the most in my grow area and if 50% turned out to be dudes by week 6 I'd only end up with 6 plants. I guess a having a veg chamber would solve this problem.

You could grow mother plants then you know you will be getting females every time. I also agree with the others that mentioned feminized seeds because if you mother the strains you like and get feminized seeds of the ones you want to try then you don't have to worry about the pesty males. I've found vegging the plant to the right size makes a huge difference in total yield.:tokin:

There are a grow tent companies that make a mother and clone tent they are small 2x3x3 tents perfect for a bank of t5's and some even come with special racks for holding the trays of clones you should check into it or if youhave the cash BCNL mothership grow box is a nice solution for turning out clones

There are a grow tent companies that make a mother and clone tent they are small 2x3x3 tents perfect for a bank of t5's and some even come with special racks for holding the trays of clones you should check into it or if youhave the cash BCNL mothership grow box is a nice solution for turning out clones

Got a tent like that on eBay for a really good price, 40 to 60 dollars.

Thats why you should keep one mother under 24/0 lighting as it doesnt require any other special requirements in fact I only use a 24/0 light schedule untill I move my clones into the flowering room where they get 18/6 for 7-10 days to get them fit into there new pots and then into flower they go.

Im not sure I want to go the cloning route, having a mother plant is just another mouth to feed besides theres so many strains out there I wanna try. I would rather just try and hermie the lower unharvested branches to see if I can create some feminized seeds, and save them for future grows. The ultimate goal would be to have my own personal seed bank of many different strains.:)

Have you considered female seeds, that would help you so you wouldnt be wasting time veging males. Then just like Cateros said, keep a mother or two for clones. A small room or a closet work fine to keep a veg room going. I use tents, a 4'x4' for veging, and a 6.5x6.5' for flowering. All you really need for lighting is some cfl's or even just some 4' flouros, like the shop lights, very cheap but work great. They keep the nodes nice and tight and use very little electricity.

Female seeds have worked great, the blue cheese is the only fem seed in the garden this time around. Only issue with Fem seeds is that they don't come in every strain plus they are more expensive.

The veg room I think will be the next project, the room adjoining the current grow room will probably be split in half which would give me about a 10X8 area for a nice veg room. Flouros are a great idea, expecially for the price. I do have a 250w cfl with a hood and an extra 300w cfl bulb so I was thinking if I just get one more hood i'd have around 550w cfl veg room, do you think thats enough light to veg 12 plants for 5-6 weeks? If not like you said I could get some flouros for pretty cheap.

Personally for keeping my mothers I just have a closet that I hung 2 250w cfl's in on the tops shelfs and over the lower section I hung a 4' 4Bulb t-12 flouro with 4 40w bulbs 2 6500k's and 2 3100k's but after finding a new flouro bulb with a color temp of 4200k I think I am change the 3100's as I prefer to use far more blue and white light during veg then the yellow and red spectrum

I think I might end up with a very similar veg room as yours, I like the 4200k bulbs as wel. I guess if I had a dedicated veg room I could throw a mother or two in there if I came across a great strain. I wouldn't mind having a querkle in my garden every grow:grinjoint:

About your problem whit reg seeds ar not good you spend money on light and medium, and you lost time! Buy fem seeds and you save money on light and medium! And you will have more fun whit your growth! Peace Jimmy

Whats up Jimmy:welcome:
I've had good luck with fem seeds. The Blue cheese is fem, its grown like crazy the last couple days, just over 19" now and all the other plants except the bubba kush had a months head start. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

You could grow mother plants then you know you will be getting females every time. I also agree with the others that mentioned feminized seeds because if you mother the strains you like and get feminized seeds of the ones you want to try then you don't have to worry about the pesty males. I've found vegging the plant to the right size makes a huge difference in total yield.:tokin:

definately agree with veggin the ladies till they reach sexual maturity, probably gonna flip the switch this week cause I'm goin down to Cali for a week or two, can't wait to see what they look like when I get back.

That BCNL is pretty sweet I just can't spend that much money on getting set up for clones. Maybe once I've narrowed down what strains I really like and would want in the garden every grow I'd start cloning. It does cut about 2-3 weeks out of the grow compared to starting from seed, plus like you guys said I wouldn't have any dudes:high-five:

I would rather just try and hermie the lower unharvested branches to see if I can create some feminized seeds, and save them for future grows.

Just a piece of advise: If you do want to create Fem seeds, make sure you pollinate another plant and not itself. I have read many growers saying that self-pollinated plants tend to hermie. It's not from my own experience but rather something I've read a few times. :Namaste:

Just a piece of advise: If you do want to create Fem seeds, make sure you pollinate another plant and not itself. I have read many growers saying that self-pollinated plants tend to hermie. It's not from my own experience but rather something I've read a few times. :Namaste:

Thanks for the tip Hemp, hopefully they all pollinate each other. The seed for the bubba kush this grow came from a self-pollinated plant, hopefully she doesn't go hermie on me. Next grow i'll test a few more hermie seeds out since I probably won't do purple Kush again.

Couple pics to pass the time:thumb:

004550.JPG

003578.JPG

002612.JPG

001569.JPG

006451.JPG

Wicki pipe kicks ass, very convenient for travelling and it was only 34 bucks. Best pipe ever:yahoo:

Your plants are lookin great, seems like a perfect time to flip them, I never flip plants that arent completly healthy. Looks like a good size so flip as well, they should fill in your room nicely, great job thus far! Good luck in the flowering faze, I hope those beauitys produce a bountiful harvest for you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom