1000W Purple Grow

My schedule is more like: water, water, water, water, water, compost tea, water, water, water, water, water, molasses. :)

Think about it this way: I only gave my girls compost tea only once in veg and only once in flower so far.

I like that schedule:grinjoint:, do you put anything else in your compost tea? I have to supplement with cal/mag or I get deficiencies thats why i'd feed ever other. Do you use seaweed or any kind of kelp extract?

This was the first flush, very time consuming. I'm just going to make sure I really drench them evertime I water, and probably do a real good flush 2 weeks before harvest.

The light is about 18" above the tallest plant I haven't moved it in about 2 weeks the ladies don't seem to mind. I'll probably move it up when they get a little bigger and I have to spread the pots out more.

Sounds like a good set up and plan. I remember the other guy that said he doesn't feed to often and uses water mostly well that is usually do to soil when you use soil it holds important nutes for a longer period of time unlike a soil less media where you have to constantly feed and now a days a lot of the soils your purchase have micro nutes and additional support in the soil itself. Your final flush remember the plants themselves hold onto nutrients so when you flush the plants will burn up the additional nutes in about a week or so adding to your flavor. So just water that last week or two is critical some people add stuff for flavor but I don't with excellent results.
ps. Houseboat :hookah:

I like that schedule:grinjoint:, do you put anything else in your compost tea? I have to supplement with cal/mag or I get deficiencies thats why i'd feed ever other. Do you use seaweed or any kind of kelp extract?

There are many ways to make compost tea. What I do myself is put about a cup or so of composted manure into a 5 Gal bucket and fill about halfway with water. I put a bubbler in there and brew it for a few days. I also add about a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses into the mix to feed the microorganisms.

I don't supplement with cal/mag because my tap water has lots of it already in it. I just test my water with a TDS meter and adjust to read about 60.

I have bought a kelp product but haven't used it yet. I will sometime during this grow though. Maybe sometime next week. :high-five:

There are many ways to make compost tea. What I do myself is put about a cup or so of composted manure into a 5 Gal bucket and fill about halfway with water. I put a bubbler in there and brew it for a few days. I also add about a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses into the mix to feed the microorganisms.

I don't supplement with cal/mag because my tap water has lots of it already in it. I just test my water with a TDS meter and adjust to read about 60.

I have bought a kelp product but haven't used it yet. I will sometime during this grow though. Maybe sometime next week. :high-five:

I like the compost tea idea, when in flowering do you give them the tea?is the tea a concentrate? do you then dillute it to X gallons of straight water?
Thanks for the info :high-five:

Sounds like a good set up and plan. I remember the other guy that said he doesn't feed to often and uses water mostly well that is usually do to soil when you use soil it holds important nutes for a longer period of time unlike a soil less media where you have to constantly feed and now a days a lot of the soils your purchase have micro nutes and additional support in the soil itself. Your final flush remember the plants themselves hold onto nutrients so when you flush the plants will burn up the additional nutes in about a week or so adding to your flavor. So just water that last week or two is critical some people add stuff for flavor but I don't with excellent results.
ps. Houseboat :hookah:

Masterbuder welcome! good to hear from you. Excellent info in your post, I definately learned my lesson on underwatering. I think my initial super soil in the bottom half of the pots was a little on the hot side, which could also have contributed to the high PPMs

Last grow I flushed with carbs (sucanat) and had good results, although I still had OC+ in the soil. This grow the last couple weeks will be similar to your method. I'll feed with sucanat once a week in flower up until the last week then remove the OC+ and flush the plants thoroughly with straight water, no more food for these ladies just plain water till I start a choppin:cheesygrinsmiley:

Houseboat :party: :passitleft::woohoo:

Oh yeah I totally forgot...yeah...so after I fill it half-way and then brew it for a few days...when I'm ready to use it, I just top up the 5 Gal bucket with straight water and use that. I use this instead of store bought fertilizers.

You can give it both in veg and flowering.

Oh yeah I totally forgot...yeah...so after I fill it half-way and then brew it for a few days...when I'm ready to use it, I just top up the 5 Gal bucket with straight water and use that. I use this instead of store bought fertilizers.

You can give it both in veg and flowering.

When do you give them the tea in flower? I was thinking around the second week after going 12/12. I think I can probably only veg these guys for another couple weeks so i'll probably wait till flower. oh yea do u just use an airstone to brew the tea?

Thanks hemp and by the way your plants are picture perfect!:grinjoint:

Masterbuder welcome! good to hear from you. Excellent info in your post, I definately learned my lesson on underwatering. I think my initial super soil in the bottom half of the pots was a little on the hot side, which could also have contributed to the high PPMs

Last grow I flushed with carbs (sucanat) and had good results, although I still had OC+ in the soil. This grow the last couple weeks will be similar to your method. I'll feed with sucanat once a week in flower up until the last week then remove the OC+ and flush the plants thoroughly with straight water, no more food for these ladies just plain water till I start a choppin:cheesygrinsmiley:

Houseboat :party: :passitleft::woohoo:

What do you keep your room temp at? I keep mine between 70-80degrees consistently.:trance:

When do you give them the tea in flower? I was thinking around the second week after going 12/12. I think I can probably only veg these guys for another couple weeks so i'll probably wait till flower. oh yea do u just use an airstone to brew the tea?

Thanks hemp and by the way your plants are picture perfect!:grinjoint:

Feels like Deja Vu replying to this post again. The last one disappeared. Anyhow...yes I just use an airstone to brew the tea. I give the tea about once a week/once every 1.5 weeks or so. Hope this helps my friend.

What do you keep your room temp at? I keep mine between 70-80degrees consistently.:trance:

Right now the room temp is between 70 night and 75day. Probably gonna crank up the CO2 now that the ladies are doin better post flush. That should raise the temps to 74-80. Humidity is usually around 40-50 cause of the dehumidifier which runs while the lights are on.:bongrip:

Feels like Deja Vu replying to this post again. The last one disappeared. Anyhow...yes I just use an airstone to brew the tea. I give the tea about once a week/once every 1.5 weeks or so. Hope this helps my friend.

Yea that was strange I saw your other post then it was gone. Thanks for the info hemp I will definately try the tea in another couple weeks. Got to feed those micros:morenutes:.

Right now the room temp is between 70 night and 75day. Probably gonna crank up the CO2 now that the ladies are doin better post flush. That should raise the temps to 74-80. Humidity is usually around 40-50 cause of the dehumidifier which runs while the lights are on.:bongrip:

Good, sounds like you got a heater. I use an oil radiator heater that works awesome gives off a good radiant heat and runs very efficient about $30 at homedepot. The guys at the grow shop recommended yesterday that I don't have to use a flushing agent due to the ch-elating process that basically only unlocks the nutes to make them available and doesn't really assist in the runoff they said just water would do the trick so I might try during the earlier stages but final flush ill use because it will make those stored up nutes more available for the plants to uptake the left over ferts. Look forward to more pics. :welldone::yummy:

Good, sounds like you got a heater. I use an oil radiator heater that works awesome gives off a good radiant heat and runs very efficient about $30 at homedepot. The guys at the grow shop recommended yesterday that I don't have to use a flushing agent due to the ch-elating process that basically only unlocks the nutes to make them available and doesn't really assist in the runoff they said just water would do the trick so I might try during the earlier stages but final flush ill use because it will make those stored up nutes more available for the plants to uptake the left over ferts. Look forward to more pics. :welldone::yummy:

No heater, since its a sealed room and all the walls are double insulated it retains heat well. Mostly control temps with the speed controller of the fan running through the light, and the CO2 generator. If I need more heat i just turn the fan down and turn the CO2 up, opposite to cool the room. But really unless its summer I don't have to do much to keep the temps inline, its the humidity that is more of a constant problem. When the plants get to the size they are now I have to run the dehumidifier almost all day to keep the humidity consistantly under 50%. If nothing is on and theres no plants the room will stay between 60-65F with 45-50% humidity

Yea im thinking the same thing, just plain water flush the last week or two, I would rather the plant consume itself leaving as few nutes as possible in the buds and leaves. I've tried clearex and flushing with just carbs with good results but straight water I'm hoping will produce the cleanest smoke.

I'll have some more pics up later tonight!:rollit:

006446.JPG

004545.JPG

003575.JPG

002609.JPG

Twin Querkles

005513.JPG

001563.JPG

Bushy Querkle 17" tall and over 20" wide

Watered the two late starters today, the Bubba Kush and Blue cheese are both taller than the Pkush runt which had over a month head start. I fear there won't be enough room for the runt and maybe one other Pkush if the larger 6 plants keep bushing out. I raised the light 6 inches today so hopefully they stretch a little. Spent over an hour and a half trimming today, never thought i'd say this but theres just too much damn bush in there:)

Spent over an hour and a half trimming today, never thought i'd say this but theres just too much damn bush in there:)[/QUOTE]

Always a good problem to have!:thumb:

006446.JPG

004545.JPG

003575.JPG

002609.JPG

Twin Querkles

005513.JPG

001563.JPG

Bushy Querkle 17" tall and over 20" wide

Watered the two late starters today, the Bubba Kush and Blue cheese are both taller than the Pkush runt which had over a month head start. I fear there won't be enough room for the runt and maybe one other Pkush if the larger 6 plants keep bushing out. I raised the light 6 inches today so hopefully they stretch a little. Spent over an hour and a half trimming today, never thought i'd say this but theres just too much damn bush in there:)

Looks good man I like it. What are you trimming buds? For me a good way to tell if you should move the light up is put the back side of your hand above the plants if its hot like kinda would burn you that is a good indicator to move the light up the key kinda is to keep the light as close as possible without burning the leaves which Ive done you can tell if the top leave start to yellow a bit. What Ive learned is light is the most important factor for production even over nutes,co2 and basically everything else. Also the pots on the edge of the tray due you rotate them so the shaded side gets light? Just a suggestion but you can just turn them once a week. Ive never Lstd do you think it adds to your final numbers because Ive heard of people doing it when they use cfls to flower personally I crop the top about 1 week into flower. ;):roorrip::cool:

Looks good man I like it. What are you trimming buds? For me a good way to tell if you should move the light up is put the back side of your hand above the plants if its hot like kinda would burn you that is a good indicator to move the light up the key kinda is to keep the light as close as possible without burning the leaves which Ive done you can tell if the top leave start to yellow a bit. What Ive learned is light is the most important factor for production even over nutes,co2 and basically everything else. Also the pots on the edge of the tray due you rotate them so the shaded side gets light? Just a suggestion but you can just turn them once a week. Ive never Lstd do you think it adds to your final numbers because Ive heard of people doing it when they use cfls to flower personally I crop the top about 1 week into flower. ;):roorrip::cool:

Trimming the lower branches up so they have a better chance at reaching the top of the canopy, I want most the energy concentrated on reaching the canopy rather than bushing out the bottom of the plant. I don't know if you can see it but here's a couple pics.
002610.JPG

004546.JPG

009381.JPG

Also been trimming some of the larger fan leaves up top to allow light through to some of the lower branches. here's a pic after I trimmed, these ladies got some bush:high-five:
006447.JPG

The light is aircooled so the plants will start bleaching and burning around 6" from the light, I had that happen the first grow.

Usually rotate the pots in veg and till about week 6 in flower, the last couple weeks I just leave em.

LST'ing accomplishes the same thing as cropping. It was kind of a pain in the ass at first but now its one of my favorite parts of growing. It really does help to even the canopy so you don't have huge colas pulling away from the rest of the plant...although that doesn't sound so bad either:grinjoint: I think it does increase final numbers but it also takes up more floor space.

Do you crop the main cola in week 1 so everything else can catch up?

Back
Top Bottom