1000W Purple Grow

Is Sucanat similar to Sugar in the Raw? Really what I am asking is Sugar in the raw ok to use? I have been using this, its basically pure sugar cane I believe.

You can also use Blackstrap Molasses.

Is Sucanat similar to Sugar in the Raw? Really what I am asking is Sugar in the raw ok to use? I have been using this, its basically pure sugar cane I believe.

Yea I believe its similar or the same Sucanat. Sucanat is basically unrefined dehydrated sugar. Here is a description and a list of whats in it. I'm not sure if sugar in the raw has the same micros as Sucanat but I think it does.

A genuine whole sugar with a rich molasses flavor; source of iron, calcium, potassium, B vitamins, and chromium
Certified-organic and fair trade; Non- GMO; Kosher; Suitable for vegan; vegetarian; Halal- and plant-based diets
Made from Costa Rica-grown ingredients and packaged in Sugar Land, Texas

Wholesome Sweeteners Sucanat
Serving size: 1 tsp
Amount Per Serving
Calories 15
Calories from Fat 0
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g (0%)
Trans Fat 0g
Sodium 0mg (0%)
Potassium 20mg (0%)
Total Carbohydrate 4g (1%)
Sugars 4g
Protein 0g
Calcium 6mg (0%)
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.

002598.JPG

I was just gonna take a picture of the Sucanat but I already had everything else out so this picture is of everything I'm feeding these ladies this grow. Oh yea and OC+;)

Yea I believe its similar or the same Sucanat. Sucanat is basically unrefined dehydrated sugar. Here is a description and a list of whats in it. I'm not sure if sugar in the raw has the same micros as Sucanat but I think it does.

A genuine whole sugar with a rich molasses flavor; source of iron, calcium, potassium, B vitamins, and chromium
Certified-organic and fair trade; Non- GMO; Kosher; Suitable for vegan; vegetarian; Halal- and plant-based diets
Made from Costa Rica-grown ingredients and packaged in Sugar Land, Texas

Wholesome Sweeteners Sucanat
Serving size: 1 tsp
Amount Per Serving
Calories 15
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g (0%)
Trans Fat 0g
Sodium 0mg (0%)
Potassium 20mg (0%)
Total Carbohydrate 4g (1%)
Sugars 4g
Protein 0g
Calcium 6mg (0%)
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.

002598.JPG

I was just gonna take a picture of the Sucanat but I already had everything else out so this picture is of everything I'm feeding these ladies this grow. Oh yea and OC+;)

Sorry I am late to this grow. What is OC+?

:goodjob:
:peacetwo:

New growth yellow/some lower and mid leaves dying
003565.JPG

002600.JPG

001556.JPG

ok so I haven't foliar fed in the last couple days and I'm starting to see some of the plants have what is either an Iron deficiency or cal/mag deficiency due to high ph. Just watered recently and Ph was 6.7, and I used 8-9ml cal/mag.

Some PKush leaves are clawing and the new growth looks light yellow, hopefully the rest don't follow suit but you know how that goes. More foliar feeding of cal/mag? I do have some chelated Iron/zinc? Any thoughts? I'm so sick of foliar feeding:lot-o-toke:

It looks like nute burn to me (too much N).

Nice call on the nute burn :high-five:flushed this lady last night with 10 gallons of tap water the Ppm's back down to around 450, it was at 4500! I just about shat my pants (smilie pooping in pants) when I checked the runoff initially. The PH was around 5 and after the flush it came up to around 6.2 which is still low but hopefully the soil will buffer it a little.

If it was nute burn wouldn't the burn be distributed throughout the plant? The browning looks like it is limited to a couple of leaves. No?

:goodluck:

Thanks PopK it was kindof all over, the top of the plant including new growth was yellowing, the middle and bottom leaves were just dying. U guys really know your stuff!

It looks like a lonely spinster ready to leave.

maybe she's on to me! probably shouldn't smoke her friends in front of her!

So It looks like there is one other purple Kush that probably is getting nute burn a little bit so I'm just gonna flush the rest of the larger plants and see what I get for runoff. I think it might be due to not watering heavily enough preventing existing nutes from draining. I was just packing more and more nutes into the medium without draining the excess. What do you guys think? I'll post pics when I flush the rest of em later tonight.

Thanks for the input guys!:passitleft: this place is awesome!

Some flush pics

001558.JPG

004537.JPG

005504.JPG

013263.JPG

003567.JPG

most overfed of the bunch

002600.JPG

before flush

015215.JPG

After flush hard to tell but shes lookin better

The last 2 pics are of the first plant I flushed, so far I've flushed 5 of the 6 larger plants. The one flushed yesterday was around 4500ppm the others today ranged between 28-3500ppm. I ran some water through the one I flushed yesterday just to make sure:lot-o-toke: and she was still around 550 ppm 6.2 ph, I thought the OC+ might be getting trapped in the pouches but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I'm pretty sure the problem was I didn't water with enough runoff.

Post flush the ph still seems a little low do you guys think the soil will help correct that? The tap water I flushed with is 7.4 ph and 30-40ppm.

I'm glad things are getting better. I have the same problem about the pH being consistently too low. I keep top dressing with dolomitic lime and watering with pH 9.5 water and runoff is still around 5.5 - 6 in all the buckets. I'm not really worried though because only 2 of my girls have shown any sort of problems and 1 of them seems to be getting better.

OC+ is designed in such a way that you don't need to add anything else. I myself supplement with a little bit of compost tea and molasses but you really have to do it sparingly and make sure there is always runoff when you water. You'll do just fine.

I'm glad things are getting better. I have the same problem about the pH being consistently too low. I keep top dressing with dolomitic lime and watering with pH 9.5 water and runoff is still around 5.5 - 6 in all the buckets. I'm not really worried though because only 2 of my girls have shown any sort of problems and 1 of them seems to be getting better.

OC+ is designed in such a way that you don't need to add anything else. I myself supplement with a little bit of compost tea and molasses but you really have to do it sparingly and make sure there is always runoff when you water. You'll do just fine.

I am on the same page with low ph runoff even with a high ph flush. I stopped checking the runoff because it was driving me crazy with the numbers. My plants are beautiful and heathly, F--- the runoff figure.

Some flush pics

001558.JPG

004537.JPG

You are in the same boat as me - no sink to work with so you gotta work from buckets. How are you pumping the water out of the garbage pail and into the wand (e.g., what kind of pump and size)? I need to figure a better approach to watering and what you have there is what I am thinking of.

:thanks:

You are in the same boat as me - no sink to work with so you gotta work from buckets. How are you pumping the water out of the garbage pail and into the wand (e.g., what kind of pump and size)? I need to figure a better approach to watering and what you have there is what I am thinking of.

:thanks:

The pump is an Eco 264, I think its 264 gallons per hour?it was 20 bucks at the local hydro shop. Really nice to have if watering more than 1 or 2 plants, cuts the watering time down in half. Oh what I wouldn't give for a sink and a drain in the grow room... maybe some day:bongrip:

The pump is an Eco 264, I think its 264 gallons per hour?it was 20 bucks at the local hydro shop. Really nice to have if watering more than 1 or 2 plants, cuts the watering time down in half. Oh what I wouldn't give for a sink and a drain in the grow room... maybe some day:bongrip:

Thanks!

:goodluck:
:peace:

Thanks Hemp nice to know others have experienced similar numbers, I just loved the ladies to much sometimes I cant help it. Do you feed, water, feed? I think thats what I'm going to start doing.

I am on the same page with low ph runoff even with a high ph flush. I stopped checking the runoff because it was driving me crazy with the numbers. My plants are beautiful and heathly, F--- the runoff figure.

Placer, nice to know your plants are doing good with low runoff numbers, I can relax a little now. Its easy to over analyze and over react, that seems to be my problem, I worry to much then overcompensate. I just need to take a big bong toke kick back and watch the grass grow:grinjoint:

Hey man that was one of my thoughts how often are you flushing? hopefully you have somewhat of a time frame for doing so. Also how far do you have your flowering light place above your plants? Keeping your pH at the correct level is important but the plants will be OK if it fluctuates a bit nutrient lockout is more of a concern so a regimented flushing period would benefit. Just remember these are just weeds but damn good ones. :goodluck:

Thanks Hemp nice to know others have experienced similar numbers, I just loved the ladies to much sometimes I cant help it. Do you feed, water, feed? I think thats what I'm going to start doing.

My schedule is more like: water, water, water, water, water, compost tea, water, water, water, water, water, molasses. :)

Think about it this way: I only gave my girls compost tea only once in veg and only once in flower so far.

Hey man that was one of my thoughts how often are you flushing? hopefully you have somewhat of a time frame for doing so. Also how far do you have your flowering light place above your plants? Keeping your pH at the correct level is important but the plants will be OK if it fluctuates a bit nutrient lockout is more of a concern so a regimented flushing period would benefit. Just remember these are just weeds but damn good ones. :goodluck:

This was the first flush, very time consuming. I'm just going to make sure I really drench them evertime I water, and probably do a real good flush 2 weeks before harvest.

The light is about 18" above the tallest plant I haven't moved it in about 2 weeks the ladies don't seem to mind. I'll probably move it up when they get a little bigger and I have to spread the pots out more.

Back
Top Bottom