1000W Purple Grow

Trimming the lower branches up so they have a better chance at reaching the top of the canopy, I want most the energy concentrated on reaching the canopy rather than bushing out the bottom of the plant. I don't know if you can see it but here's a couple pics.
002610.JPG

004546.JPG

009381.JPG

Also been trimming some of the larger fan leaves up top to allow light through to some of the lower branches. here's a pic after I trimmed, these ladies got some bush:high-five:
006447.JPG

The light is aircooled so the plants will start bleaching and burning around 6" from the light, I had that happen the first grow.

Usually rotate the pots in veg and till about week 6 in flower, the last couple weeks I just leave em.

LST'ing accomplishes the same thing as cropping. It was kind of a pain in the ass at first but now its one of my favorite parts of growing. It really does help to even the canopy so you don't have huge colas pulling away from the rest of the plant...although that doesn't sound so bad either:grinjoint: I think it does increase final numbers but it also takes up more floor space.

Do you crop the main cola in week 1 so everything else can catch up?

Yeah I crop the top to split the main cola into two and everything else catches up it does seem to help overall yield. I trim some of the lower stuff in veg but once in flower I leave mostly alone. I tried trimming the fans up top once but then I learned they are the most important factor for food processing that is where the nutes are processed so to speak the stomach of the plant and where the flowers get there food so I just tuck back the top big fans so light reaches further down. When I'm about three weeks from harvest I remove a few but not to many. Your plants look good and healthy. Does spreading your feedings out seem to be helping? Do you have a fave yet? The kush looks nice and stocky but the cheese looks like it has lots of bud set. Do you use a microscope to check your tricombs?:grinjoint:

Lookin great, good job, they look nice and healthy, good color.

Thanks NEP, the flush brought back the color, next feeding will be really light.

ARRUMMMMMMM! Cookies" say cookie monster :winkyface:

They look tasty. :high-five::partyboy::rofl::smokin:

:peace:

Ate too many and was up till 2:30 watching Spartacus Blood and Sand, great show by the way.

Your girls look sooo happy dude.
Thanks Hemp, I try to please them:grinjoint:

lovely grow mate, i hope to have this kind of setup some time in the near future :)
Thanks Shane

Yeah I crop the top to split the main cola into two and everything else catches up it does seem to help overall yield. I trim some of the lower stuff in veg but once in flower I leave mostly alone. I tried trimming the fans up top once but then I learned they are the most important factor for food processing that is where the nutes are processed so to speak the stomach of the plant and where the flowers get there food so I just tuck back the top big fans so light reaches further down. When I'm about three weeks from harvest I remove a few but not to many. Your plants look good and healthy. Does spreading your feedings out seem to be helping? Do you have a fave yet? The kush looks nice and stocky but the cheese looks like it has lots of bud set. Do you use a microscope to check your tricombs?:grinjoint:

Yea I only trim the fan leaves if they are blocking entire areas from getting light, or if they are damaged.

Haven't fed them yet since the flush, just going to make sure I water thoroughly evertime, next feeding will be

Gallon
5 ml cal/mag
1tspn seaweed
superthrive
pondzyme

I check trichs with one of those radio shack 60-100X microscopes, it was like 10 bucks. Favorite plant so far is the tied up Querkle, she is a beast I've tied her down 3 times but shes still the tallest at about 19" and over 23" wide.

Those edibles can through you for a loop somtimes, to say the least. They sneak up on you, ussually when I forgot I ate them, then BAM! LOL:morenutes::rofl::loopy:

Personally I feel the best way of sexing a plant is thru age when it can develop male and female flowers on a 24/0 light cycle your plant is ready to be cloned and flowered . You will find the potency of you bud will increase as well over a plant that is grown 12/12 from seed or even one that is vegged for 3-4 weeks and the biggest advantage of letting your moms get that old is the increased speed of transition to full flower.

Thanks NEP, the flush brought back the color, next feeding will be really light.

Ate too many and was up till 2:30 watching Spartacus Blood and Sand, great show by the way.

Thanks Hemp, I try to please them:grinjoint:

Thanks Shane

Yea I only trim the fan leaves if they are blocking entire areas from getting light, or if they are damaged.

Haven't fed them yet since the flush, just going to make sure I water thoroughly evertime, next feeding will be

Gallon
5 ml cal/mag
1tspn seaweed
superthrive
pondzyme

I check trichs with one of those radio shack 60-100X microscopes, it was like 10 bucks. Favorite plant so far is the tied up Querkle, she is a beast I've tied her down 3 times but shes still the tallest at about 19" and over 23" wide.

Dude I can't believe you ate 4 cookies your insane! Edibles can definitely creep up on you lol. Yeah I use the same microscope, water seems to be doing the trick. :slide:

Personally I feel the best way of sexing a plant is thru age when it can develop male and female flowers on a 24/0 light cycle your plant is ready to be cloned and flowered . You will find the potency of you bud will increase as well over a plant that is grown 12/12 from seed or even one that is vegged for 3-4 weeks and the biggest advantage of letting your moms get that old is the increased speed of transition to full flower.

How long does it take from seed on 24/0 till you can sex them? It took 21-26 days to sex on 12/12 then I flipped them back to 18/6 so I didn't have to feed and transplant a bunch of dudes.

I agree with Cateros. If you want to check out my grow...it took about 5 weeks of veg on 18/6 for all my plants to develop male and female preflowers.

Yea Hemp I've been following your grow since the beginning:high-five:, I think we started around the same time. 5 weeks isn't too bad, I just didn't want to have to transplant a bunch of dudes. I started in mini-hempy cups, they get root bound at about 26 days or so.

Yea Hemp I've been following your grow since the beginning:high-five:, I think we started around the same time. 5 weeks isn't too bad, I just didn't want to have to transplant a bunch of dudes. I started in mini-hempy cups, they get root bound at about 26 days or so.

Ok yeah that makes sense. I did transplant into the 5Gal buckets before they showed sex. Ended up with the 2 males and had to transplant again into little pots...so yeah I know what you're saying...

How long does it take from seed on 24/0 till you can sex them? It took 21-26 days to sex on 12/12 then I flipped them back to 18/6 so I didn't have to feed and transplant a bunch of dudes.
Well with my El Nino they were showing definite sex at around 45 days
Great white shark was showing at day 50 and The Seeds From Prairie plant which is the grower of the health canada strain there plants were showing definite sex at day 30 and a side note the health canada plants also had a superior germination rate and female/male ratio with 100% germination so far and over 70% of the seeds becoming female .

I have tried to flower plants a little early, before preflowers, and it didnt speed it up at all, it just made them take longer to flower to maturity. I didn't believe it, but it was definately true. The plants that I kept in veg actually finished up earlier than those since I waited for them to show sex.

I have tried to flower plants a little early, before preflowers, and it didnt speed it up at all, it just made them take longer to flower to maturity. I didn't believe it, but it was definately true. The plants that I kept in veg actually finished up earlier than those since I waited for them to show sex.
Prime example of why it is always better to let any plant grown from seed reach sexual maturity I have also found that it takes almost twice as long for plants forced to flower early to transition as well ,Righ now in my current grow my plants which are cuttings from mothers I started back in october of 2010 they made the transition to flower in about 4-5 days max and are now on day 12 of 12/12 and look like the pics of plants that have been only grown for 3 weeks then flipped do after 2-3 weeks of 12/12

Prime example of why it is always better to let any plant grown from seed reach sexual maturity I have also found that it takes almost twice as long for plants forced to flower early to transition as well ,Righ now in my current grow my plants which are cuttings from mothers I started back in october of 2010 they made the transition to flower in about 4-5 days max and are now on day 12 of 12/12 and look like the pics of plants that have been only grown for 3 weeks then flipped do after 2-3 weeks of 12/12

Great info you guys, thats why this site kicks ass! It makes sense that until the plant has shown sex in veg its not ready to be flowered. I would love to veg every plant till sexual maturity the only thing preventing me is not knowing how many girls I'm going to end up with until 5-6 weeks into the grow. I can only veg 12 plants at the most in my grow area and if 50% turned out to be dudes by week 6 I'd only end up with 6 plants. I guess a having a veg chamber would solve this problem.

Thats why you should keep one mother under 24/0 lighting as it doesnt require any other special requirements in fact I only use a 24/0 light schedule untill I move my clones into the flowering room where they get 18/6 for 7-10 days to get them fit into there new pots and then into flower they go.

Have you considered female seeds, that would help you so you wouldnt be wasting time veging males. Then just like Cateros said, keep a mother or two for clones. A small room or a closet work fine to keep a veg room going. I use tents, a 4'x4' for veging, and a 6.5x6.5' for flowering. All you really need for lighting is some cfl's or even just some 4' flouros, like the shop lights, very cheap but work great. They keep the nodes nice and tight and use very little electricity.

Back
Top Bottom