1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

Yes i see what you are saying you would almost need a vent in your hood that could be open'd and closed when neeeded.

How about fitting the Y directly to the hole in the wall you would be able to move your light up and down without it effecting anyhting. Its hard to tell how much space you actualy have there but from what i can see im sure you will figure somthing out!

The freak is truly a freak. siamese twins with one acting like a parasite to the other. I am curious to see where it goes in terms of veg/flower.

I keep thinking of a little head poking out of the shoulder like the assistant to the South Park mad professor.

I wish I could see what is happening under the soil. It's got to be interesting for sure.

Hey what's up 70sG! I have a few suggestions you might find useful for your grow room. Instead of that vent cover I would suggest using an AC/heat Vent with closing shutters. I will prevent some of the flow and trap some heat. Also, if you want(Which will most likely interfere with your dolly system but will help with light leaks is adding a piece of plywood at the base of the door pretty much snug to the door make sure they are touching when the door is closed. make sure the piece of plywood(Or whatever material you use) is about 1/4 inch past the lowest point of the door. Then you can weather strip both the door at the strip. overlap them so they create a seal.

I am not the most handy when it comes to building things so giving descriptions ends up coming out pretty vague. I have some scraps laying around and I can put something together and show you if you don't understand what I mean.

I am losing it. My plants have been doing fine on feed/water every 48 hours. I last watered them Monday arround 10:00am. Today I get home from work at 4:30 and they are wilting. I watered the ones I moved to the new grow room this morning so they are fine. Its the other 5 left in the Veg cabinet that wilted. The top is loped over on one of my Smellyberrys.

I feel like such a shmuck. My plants deserve better. If they come back o they are going to bigger pots so I have more time cushion.

Do a flush to Saturate the soil and they should pick up. I had one of my seedlings wilt once because the rockwool was dry. I saturated it and it picked up within a day. I am sorry that you have to deal with it. Just dust yourself off and don't put yourself down.

I have been extremely negligent lately on my second grow. So just give them some love and they will thank you for it.

(got my harvest pics up btw)

Hey what's up 70sG! I have a few suggestions you might find useful for your grow room. Instead of that vent cover I would suggest using an AC/heat Vent with closing shutters. I will prevent some of the flow and trap some heat. Also, if you want(Which will most likely interfere with your dolly system but will help with light leaks is adding a piece of plywood at the base of the door pretty much snug to the door make sure they are touching when the door is closed. make sure the piece of plywood(Or whatever material you use) is about 1/4 inch past the lowest point of the door. Then you can weather strip both the door at the strip. overlap them so they create a seal.

I am not the most handy when it comes to building things so giving descriptions ends up coming out pretty vague. I have some scraps laying around and I can put something together and show you if you don't understand what I mean.

All great ideas... I like the shutter idea. I just need to find out where to put the back flow of air if I close the shutter. A 6" 440 CFM fan is like a furnace fan. It puts out alot of air. The shutter will be part of the solution so I appreciate that idea.

I found a door sweep today made out of black brush material. I think that may do the trick for the light issues at the bottom. I still need to do something for the lower sides. If not I may just put the board down that you mentioned. With the handles I will make I think I can lift the dolly wheels over the blocker board as long as its not to high. I dont want to dump the girls in the process of moving them.

I also picked up some white counter top board in 2' x 4' strips on closeout at Home Depot. I just need to cut it to fit my dollys and I will have a nice white reflective and cleanable countertop surface for my girls to sit on and go for rides in and out of the grow room to be serviced as needed. It should work pretty slick. I am going to rig up a removable handle system for the dollys so the I can just drop the handle in place and pull out a dolly like a toy wagon. Just one handle will do fine as I can use the same handle for all dollys.

When you are old and you hurt you have to figure out how to manage. My problem now is that I burned my body out last weekend and I need to rest it to heal before I spend anymore time on my feet tinkering.

THe problem is, one I partake in some medicine, there is no pain and I think I can conquer anything. The medicine doesn't reduce the inflamation just the pain and I need to rest to reduce inflamation.

Sorry for rambling. If you made it this far in the message you have alot of patience.:thanks:

All great ideas... I like the shutter idea. I just need to find out where to put the back flow of air if I close the shutter. A 6" 440 CFM fan is like a furnace fan. It puts out alot of air. The shutter will be part of the solution so I appreciate that idea.

I found a door sweep today made out of black brush material. I think that may do the trick for the light issues at the bottom. I still need to do something for the lower sides.

I also picked up some white counter top board in 2' x 4' strips on closeout at Home Depot. I just need to cut it to fit my dollys and I will have a nice white reflective and cleanable countertop surface for my girls to sit on and go for rides in and out of the grow room to be serviced as needed. It should work pretty slick. I am going to rig up a removable handle system for the dollys so the I can just drop the handle in place and pull out a dolly like a toy wagon. Just one handle will do fine as I can use the same handle for all dollys.

When you are old and you hurt you have to figure out how to manage. My problem now is that I burned my body out last weekend and I need to rest it to heal before I spend anymore time on my feet tinkering.

THe problem is, one I partake in some medicine, there is no pain and I think I can conquer anything. The medicine doesn't reduce the inflamation just the pain and I need to rest to reduce inflamation.

Sorry for rambling. If you made it this far in the message you have alot of patience.:thanks:

Ok here is what you can do about the back flow. Get a Y connector and use it like you are now with an End cap on one. If it is too cold and you need the heat to be retained. Close the vent and take off the end cap off of the Y connector. Instead of venting out it will vent back directly into the room.
You can get the same effect with a T duct joint. Mount the 180* point to your vent and run it the same way you have it now and duct cap the perpendicular end of the duct.

awesome grow going on buddy anxious to see it progress and you setting everything up :D

11/27.. Update

Things are coming together in the new grow room. I have the lights 12/12 and 4 plants in there for 6 days. I still have plants in the cabinet too under 18/6 CFLs. I will be bringing them into flower soon.

All feminized seeds, ICE, Blue Mystic, Super Lemon Haze, Vanilla Kush have female preflowers as they should.

My Smellyberry plants are from regular seed. I have 2 plants old enough for preflower and I have female flowers on one. Its too early to tell for sure but I think the other Smellyberry the same age is male.

Heres the two Smellyberrys. THe one on the right is female. Nothing for sure on the one on the left, but it feels like a male.

Light_bleaching-transplant_003.JPG

Light_bleaching-transplant_004.JPG

Heres pics of ICE on the left and Blue Mystic on the right.

Light_bleaching-transplant_005.JPG

Light_bleaching-transplant_006.JPG

I am still trying to get a handle on the new HPS light. I have it set for 600 watts but am getting some bleaching. Obviously I have the lights too close for the transition from CFL.

I transplanted 2 Super Lemon Haze and 2 Vanilla Kush from 1 to 3 gallon pots today. They will finish in 3 gallon pots.

Light_bleaching-transplant_010.JPG

I took 3 furniture dollys and mounted white counter top material to the top. I took Godspeeds idea and installed eyelets on each dolly. I then took a peice of bamboo and mounted a hook. It works very slick. I can easily maneuver the dollys in and out. I cut the angles off the corners to make it easy to spin the dollys arround inside the grow room.

Light_bleaching-transplant_018.JPG

If you look close on left you can see me manuevering the dolly with the hooked bamboo stick.
Light_bleaching-transplant_009.JPG

Light_bleaching-transplant_008.JPG

Super Lemon Haze #1
Light_bleaching-transplant_013.JPG

Super Lemon Haze #2
Light_bleaching-transplant_014.JPG

Vanilla Kush #1
Light_bleaching-transplant_016.JPG

Vanilla Kush #2
Light_bleaching-transplant_015.JPG

Finally a shot of all 4. Notice in the backgound there is little white 200Watt personal heater I picked up for $11 at Walmart. It does a nice job of raising temps 5-7F.

Light_bleaching-transplant_011.JPG

For those following "The Freak" it has canabalized its original pair of true leaves however its cotyledens are still intact! WTF? The other sprout is producing foilage but is still far behind its sibling setting in the background which is the same age.

Light_bleaching-transplant_001.JPG

Finally my hat is off to Blue Planet Nutes. I was comparing this journal to my last journal (almost finished up). I used Fox Farms schedule to the letter on the last grow.

As I compare pictures at the same age, the difference in foilage is phenomenal. With this grow, I have solid undergrowth, so much that its hard to get past the growth to look for preflowers. I am comparing pictures apples to apples... both sets of pictures are the same age in the same cabinet under the same CFLs.

These nutes are the chit... literally and figuratively. I wouldn't use anything else.

Looks like I may have to jump on the BPN bandwagon! Man the proof is in the pudding. Cory offered to let me run his nutes in a sponsored journal, but I declined. I didn't want to let him down if my grow didn't go well. Live n learn I guess, I haven't had a bad grow yet lol! Oh well, I'll use up what I have of the FF nutes, and switch to bpn in the future....Until then I'll just live vicariously through...um...well damn near all of 420 magazine!!

Plants are looking good. You'll love the Super Lemon Haze. I got two SLH mother plants up and running full force, producing 10+ clones ea every week. People love it so I must feed the demands. Glad you're loving BPN. Have not try the organic line yet, so far the 2-parts and 3-parts are excellent. Trying out the bloom booster soon.

Thanks buddy, I do my best :)

Finally my hat is off to Blue Planet Nutes. I was comparing this journal to my last journal (almost finished up). I used Fox Farms schedule to the letter on the last grow.

As I compare pictures at the same age, the difference in foilage is phenomenal. With this grow, I have solid undergrowth, so much that its hard to get past the growth to look for preflowers. I am comparing pictures apples to apples... both sets of pictures are the same age in the same cabinet under the same CFLs.

These nutes are the chit... literally and figuratively. I wouldn't use anything else.

wow you have gone uptown with this grow my bruddah!! im jealous! in a good way of course! you have all the stuff i want!! im so stoked for you! i totaly know how you live in this world designed for ppl under 6 foot!! im not quite as tall 6.5 and much heavier and i have arthritis since i was in my 20s, multiple blown discs in my back, docs say i need new knees,and a hip, i dont move and monkey around so good, i burn my self out on good days and pay out for it for 3!! it sucks, i have helper sticks n such too lol ever wish for a toilet that does not make you feel like your sitting on your heels to send brown trout downstream?? lmao! that freak is cool to watch i had one that had two tops right after the first two roundies it eventually turned into a crazy male bush!! love the grow room,,,im subbed:thumb::high-five:

• Quixilvir... You will be very pleased with the results if you do move to Blue Planet. THis stuff is purpose engineered just for us.
  • Twelve12... One of the reason I moved to Blue Planet was due to your comments about how pleased you were. With your experience, its pretty obvious you knew what you were doing making the switch.
  • Big Irish... I have had Arthritis of the Spine (Ankylosing Spondylitis) since I was 19. It started in my knees and progressed to almost every joint except my fingers(I thank God every day I have my fingers to play guitar and type). My neck is entirely fused, I am hunched over, and have not known what its like to be pain free in many years. So I know just where you hurt brother. I am there with ya. As far as the knees and brown trout are concerned, I have tall boy handicappers as my preferred throne. Many people don't understand what we go through but I consider myself luckier than many. I refuse to let this take me down. Though I cannot be on my feet for more than 10 minutes at a time, I still work a 50-60 hour week, raise a family, and continue to build a business. I just won't allow myself anything less. I have been fortunate to be blessed with just enough health to make things happen. Its great to have you along!

I feel the same way. The growth on my current grow and my first one is like night and say. Less problems faster growth. Strong stems and just all around healthier. I am advertising His products all around my local Hydro to see if they start carrying them. He hooked me up and I am doing my best to repay the favor.

Everything is looking great on your end 70sG! Things are really kicking off and I seriously love your lineup. I can't wait to see everything in flower.

Looks like I may have to jump on the BPN bandwagon! Man the proof is in the pudding. Cory offered to let me run his nutes in a sponsored journal, but I declined. I didn't want to let him down if my grow didn't go well. Live n learn I guess, I haven't had a bad grow yet lol! Oh well, I'll use up what I have of the FF nutes, and switch to bpn in the future....Until then I'll just live vicariously through...um...well damn near all of 420 magazine!!

You should! You can look at all the BPN Journal all over :420: and you can see all the results. They speak for themselves really. The mix formulas are to the point and easy to follow for novice growers. It also has the flexibility to adjust for more advanced growers that like to adjust their own mixes. Perfect for everyone!

Thanks buddy, I do my best :)

You sure do my friend! This world needs more people like you. Striving to bring the consumer quality product. :adore:

I feel the same way. The growth on my current grow and my first one is like night and say. Less problems faster growth. Strong stems and just all around healthier. I am advertising His products all around my local Hydro to see if they start carrying them. He hooked me up and I am doing my best to repay the favor.

Everything is looking great on your end 70sG! Things are really kicking off and I seriously love your lineup. I can't wait to see everything in flower.

You should! You can look at all the BPN Journal all over :420: and you can see all the results. They speak for themselves really. The mix formulas are to the point and easy to follow for novice growers. It also has the flexibility to adjust for more advanced growers that like to adjust their own mixes. Perfect for everyone!

You sure do my friend! This world needs more people like you. Striving to bring the consumer quality product. :adore:

You guys are too cool...thanks for the props. Expect more great stuff soon. I am currently working on an experimental Bloom Booster to optimize early flowering and many other badass products as well as improvements to existing products which will be out in a couple of months! ;)

You guys are too cool...thanks for the props. Expect more great stuff soon. I am currently working on an experimental Bloom Booster to optimize early flowering and many other badass products as well as improvements to existing products which will be out in a couple of months! ;)

Hey BPN, or, Cory (I guess it feels wierd calling you by name as we've never met personally lol)
I was wondering what you have up your sleeve in the way of Mychorrhizae....There are SO many products out there, with a wide price range. But many of the Mykos out there are not geared toward our needs, but make the same claims as the ones that are. I've used Great White, and like it a lot. But if you had something comparable, I would much rather support a sponsor, but moreso, I'd rather support someone who's put in the time and support that you have....Any info you have to share regarding michorrhizae would be greatly appreciated as well....Thanks in advance!!:thumb:

I opened an account with the manufacturer that makes the myco for great white. Great white is a custom product but contains more stuff than is necessary and is too expensive. After a long conversation with a scientist at that company, he told me that most products that contain like 20 or 30 species of myco and trichoderma, etc, are mostly for marketing because there is so many unnecessarry ingredients. I will sell a less expensive alternative that is micronized and can be used in hydroponics. It will also contain a wide variety of myco species that benefit cannabis. It will be versatile enough to be used on other crops as well but most myco species that benefit cannabis will form symbiotic relationships with many many other crops. It won't have beneficial bacteria and other ingredients that I think only adds marginal results if any at all. What yall need to understand is that only a few species of myco are needed to maximize nutrient uptake. In fact, any product that contains Glomus is sufficient. My new product will have 4 glomus species as well as 7 ecto species. I just need to sell my remaining root magic before i buy a supply of the newer material.

Agreed, GW is FAR too expensive. I also agree that many products contain a lot of unneccesary, and useless species. I would be HIGHLY interested in your new product. I'm already at the point of switching to your FP line, or the organics, just have to use up what I have left of my current nutes, but it'll take me a while, as Im on a small scale...Looking forward to the day though, thanks for the reply:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom