1st Grow, 2 Noobs, Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite, LEDs & CFLs

how about this pro-mix they just started bringing it to my walmart?

40ac21a0-4251-430c-8e7e-695ee74968be_1_d162bc08748e5a4de494803017453406.jpeg

as a matter of fact it is cheaper for $16.97 for 2.5 cu. ft. I paid $26. per bag of 1.5 cu. ft.
so this is water till bloom also?

I don't know. Polymer added soils are banned in Canada.
But on a side note....
I just finished the silkscreening on my lights. What you think? Notice the dial is in PAR micromoles and not "1-10".
420-magazine-mobile693251610.jpg

Re: 1st Grow - 2 Noobs - Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite - LEDs & CFLs

Are you 12/12?
I told him to check for preflowers but I should have been more specific as to what I meant. Jorgie, many times you can sex the plant before the switch if they let you, and you know what to look for. I was able to on my last grow after a quick Google search. I thought you might be able to because your babies are older than they appear. (due to that stunted start )

I want you to know that you wasn't the only one that asked me to check the pre-flowers. However, I posted pictures of the plants nodes area previously and was told they all look female. I was hoping they were but I have always had an inclining towards plants 2 and 4 for a couple of different reasons, although my reasons could have something to do with pheno type. I've also been told to check for hairs or balls which I have read happens when switched to 12/12.

Hi everybody, Sorry for being MIA for a few days. Neck pain is starting to radiate to my collar bone/pectoral muscle area on the right side when I breath. So the plan was to switch the kids to 12/12 on May 1st. However, it's been smelling awful strong and I explained it to the wifey who was in a car accident when she was 20 and can't taste or smell because of it and she said we have to get that done asap. So I'm going to wait to turn them until The exhaust system comes in and we put it in which I think will be around May 12.
Now as you can see by the pictures that follow this rhetoric, I have been slightly busy and hoping that two of the four are male or it's going to get really crowded in that closet.

021026.jpg

031015.jpg

04809.jpg

Publication11.jpg

Can anyone tell me if I did this right or wrong.

That's funny, it reminds me of my mom lol. (But only because she used the Mr yuk stickers a lot when I was young.)

Btw I swapped my veg room to back to the tent and switched to my led, also i transplanted girls (hopefully) to 2 gallons. I'm giving the widows and M1 (her temporary name) a little more time as they are not yet ready. One or 2 transplants didn't go too smoothly because I wasn't watering them smart and poured the water too forceful, loosening the entire top half of the soil. When flipped upside down half the soil poured out and the other half was stuck to the container ...so here I am holding the plant with one hand, the container with the other and using one finger to try to poke the soil through the holes in the bottom of the container and trying the whole time not to pull my hands too far apart...smh. They're bouncing back well, however.

I'm thinking it may not have been smart to up the light at the same time the plant is recovering from root PTSD.

The widows are loving the light and growing big fat leaves....shit man, I feel like I'm the 2nd noob in your journal's title as much as I update here, ha! it'd be appropriate since he dipped anyway lol...hope you don't mind, (I know you don't).

Right out the window!
420-magazine-mobile1790385135.jpg

Not a problem Bro you can post what ever when ever. Sorry to hear about the transplant mishap. About being the second newb in my grow you are :welcome:anytime to join the the Newb still learning club :rofl: It's all good we never stop making little errors and we never stop learning.

Good Morning Everyone, I decided last night to run an 'N' test on my soil. Prepped everything as per the instructions and let the solution set over night for the soil to settle. It's exactly what I figured. I have a surplus of Nitro in my soil. So when I fed them on 4/16 I was a little heavy handed with the EJ Grow, it wasn't only nute burn I was seeing it was also Nitro Tox. I watered them 4 days ago with about 42 ounces of PH water and I watered them again today with the same. I will stay away from nutes that contain Nitro for the duration. When I get ready to flip the lights I will do another soil Nitro test and see where I'm at. Right now my 'N' surplus is past the N4 surplus mark.

What's up Pro, they say love makes the world go round but I have learned through hard knocks that GOD and science makes the world go round then comes love. If not for the chemistry between two people there would be no love. What is chemistry? Science. LMAO Just talking shit, how are you? I see the babies are good. I have a question for you. Do you live on the second floor or higher, because if I vented out of my window the law would be knocking on my door. I was putting in the A/C in my window yesterday and had several people driving by and a bunch of neighbors watching me install the damn thing. You'd think they never seen an air unit being installed in a window. Love you Bro nice work with the babies. what are the time frames with your new kids how long have they been above ground?

1st Grow - 2 Noobs - Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite - LEDs & CFLs

Damn sorry haven't been around much Jorgie. Been busy setting up for 2nd journal. Just finished last one. Anyways they did look female to me when you showed those photos. As far as the flux you have going on, GREAT job!! Even if they all are males (I don't foresee this at all) you have learned a technique that is going to save you some space and maximize yield. You can always flush your plants with water and a little molasses if your worried about salt buildup or too much nutes. Before you do this, check plant leaves for sign of deficiencies or burns. They look fine to me btw. Great job getting em on the comeback. Things go wrong for everyone even me! Here's proof of today... before photo then after.
420-magazine-mobile1013804944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile117411919.jpg
420-magazine-mobile619906551.jpg
420-magazine-mobile315324158.jpg

Damn sorry haven't been around much Jorgie. Been busy setting up for 2nd journal. Just finished last one. Anyways they did look female to me when you showed those photos. As far as the flux you have going on, GREAT job!! Even if they all are males (I don't foresee this at all) you have learned a technique that is going to save you some space and maximize yield. You can always flush your plants with water and a little molasses if your worried about salt buildup or too much nutes. Before you do this, check plant leaves for sign of deficiencies or burns. They look fine to me btw. Great job getting em on the comeback. Things go wrong for everyone even me! Here's proof of today... before photo then after.
420-magazine-mobile1013804944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile117411919.jpg
420-magazine-mobile619906551.jpg
420-magazine-mobile315324158.jpg
Before and after watering? Or some sort of issue?...that after picture looks great man.

Jorgie, it's on the second floor, there's a screen on the window and I have the duct opening pushed up against the screen with a blanket blocking the rest...for now. I will end up doing something better soon. My back yard faces trees so no biggie...I'll take a pic from the outside view tomorrow in daylight. I will rig up a carbon filter when they start stankin

The 2 widows popped 4/11-12 if I recall (the dates on the pics in my phone support this)

The bigger one of the 3 in pic#2 is bag seed, popped 2 days later and passed both in size! Hope it's a genetic trait and not an indication of male!

Back
Top Bottom