1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

Hey Y'all

So quick update. After 30 hours of dark, switched over to 12/12. Going to run MH for first two weeks to control some of the vertical growth.

Day 3 of Flower
MJ_695_1.jpg

MJ_696_1.jpg

White Widow Close Up
MJ_697_1.jpg

Some Random Thoughts...

Res change tomorrow. Think I'm going to fill with 50 gallons of water, they seem to be consuming gallons and gallons over a matter of days. I just can't believe how fast the res drains.

My temps seem to be consistent at a high of 80 with lights on, with lights off, it probably bumps down to 65-68. I removed the humidifier to be used in the other room for drying the harvest. RH in room still seems to be a little on the higher side, about 65-70%. I noticed that it dropped significantly when I did change bulbs from MH to HPS (1st Grow), so I'm hoping the same will hold true when I swap bulbs in a couple of weeks. If not, guess I'll have to get a dehumidifier? I'm concerned about venting the room out because I'm pumping in CO2.

Have a great night! Thanks again everyone!
SF

looking good, they will be HUGE by the time they are done.

i mix spectrums sometimes for the first couple weeks to reduce stretch, but if i had to choose one or the other i would go with hps. for one thing it just puts out more lumens. another thing is that light spectrum also influences the plants desire to veg or flower. . . reds induce hormones to help flower. i think this is important in the beginning to shave some flower time off the back end, and possibly increase yield.

maybe switch to hps for a week then back again for a week, then back to hps for good after that?

dunno, just my thoughts, you could flower the entire time under mh and still get great results so it's not a huge deal, just wanted to present some info.

looking good though bro. very good.

looking good, they will be HUGE by the time they are done.

From your lips to G-d's ears, ;-)

i mix spectrums sometimes for the first couple weeks to reduce stretch, but if i had to choose one or the other i would go with hps. for one thing it just puts out more lumens. another thing is that light spectrum also influences the plants desire to veg or flower. . . reds induce hormones to help flower. i think this is important in the beginning to shave some flower time off the back end, and possibly increase yield.

maybe switch to hps for a week then back again for a week, then back to hps for good after that?

dunno, just my thoughts, you could flower the entire time under mh and still get great results so it's not a huge deal, just wanted to present some info.

Can't "hurt" anything right Wheel? If not, I'll switch out to HPS tomorrow at noon for a week. I'll give it a spin...ha..ha (bet you've never heard that one)

looking good though bro. very good.

Thanks bro, means a lot!
SF

Daaaaaang, that canopy looks OD big and even. Wow. Great. You're doin good and them ladies look like they're gonna explode. You seem like a really cool dude too man, im happy for ya, them bitches is about to look real good in a couple weeks. I'm posted.

Hmmmph :goodjob::thumb:

repizm+

dro:reading420magazine:

P.S. save me some WW!!!

Wheel, we are so "mind-melding". You're talking one of these right?
(Included for everyone's reference)

MJ_691_1.jpg

Never used this before, never dried before, ;-), but if you're putting your endorsement on it, I'm sold.

Thanks Wheel!
SF

yeah mine is stuck in a closet, and not nearly as nicely arranged. (but it looks fuller :yummy: lol)

and it's only 4 chambers

12-23-13.JPG

but i like it a lot. good air circulation, and good containment from anything falling out and being lost on the floor.

Daaaaaang, that canopy looks OD big and even. Wow. Great. You're doin good and them ladies look like they're gonna explode. You seem like a really cool dude too man, im happy for ya, them bitches is about to look real good in a couple weeks. I'm posted.

Hmmmph :goodjob::thumb:

repizm+

dro:reading420magazine:

P.S. save me some WW!!!

Hey Dro.

Much appreciation! I wish I could share with all you guys!! :bong:

I try to be down to earth. Life is too short.

It's great to have you guys with me!

SF

Hey Y'all

So quick update. After 30 hours of dark, switched over to 12/12. Going to run MH for first two weeks to control some of the vertical growth.

Day 3 of Flower
MJ_695_1.jpg

MJ_696_1.jpg

White Widow Close Up
MJ_697_1.jpg

Some Random Thoughts...

Res change tomorrow. Think I'm going to fill with 50 gallons of water, they seem to be consuming gallons and gallons over a matter of days. I just can't believe how fast the res drains.

My temps seem to be consistent at a high of 80 with lights on, with lights off, it probably bumps down to 65-68. I removed the humidifier to be used in the other room for drying the harvest. RH in room still seems to be a little on the higher side, about 65-70%. I noticed that it dropped significantly when I did change bulbs from MH to HPS (1st Grow), so I'm hoping the same will hold true when I swap bulbs in a couple of weeks. If not, guess I'll have to get a dehumidifier? I'm concerned about venting the room out because I'm pumping in CO2.

Have a great night! Thanks again everyone!
SF

plants look good but I see definite curling all over...most obvious is in the lower branches... looks like underfed...I dont know where your at ppm,days etc. But I would deal with that if you havent already.....+10!!

yeah that curling isnt a good thing. Do you see large dark brittle spots on those leaves that look slightly wilted or curled?

I use the same nutes as you and have never ran the aggressive schedule and have never seen that wilting affect. The only other difference we have is the medium. maybe next res change you want to switch to normal feeding schedule which will look like 3 : 2 : 1 Bloom : micro : grow? For 50 gallons it would look something like in ounces 25.2 : 16.9 : 8.4. I've run this exact program for many grows with the addition of 200ml of cal-mag throughout and 8 ounces kool bloom after buds start forming. Ive only tried the transition schedule once and the plants didnt like it. They prefer the bloom schedule day 1 of flowering in my setup.

My other thought would be flood times with that medium. Not sure if its staying over saturated between cycles and the roots don't get enough air.

Perhaps getting a moisture meter in there will help shed some light on that aspect. Or I suppose you could carefully try to lift one out by the S hooks to see whats going on down there.

plants look good but I see definite curling all over...most obvious is in the lower branches... looks like underfed...I dont know where your at ppm,days etc. But I would deal with that if you havent already.....+10!!

your day 3 I see. no worries....where are you starting them at on PPM/EC?

yeah that curling isnt a good thing. Do you see large dark brittle spots on those leaves that look slightly wilted or curled?

I use the same nutes as you and have never ran the aggressive schedule and have never seen that wilting affect. The only other difference we have is the medium. maybe next res change you want to switch to normal feeding schedule which will look like 3 : 2 : 1 Bloom : micro : grow? For 50 gallons it would look something like in ounces 25.2 : 16.9 : 8.4. I've run this exact program for many grows with the addition of 200ml of cal-mag throughout and 8 ounces kool bloom after buds start forming. Ive only tried the transition schedule once and the plants didnt like it. They prefer the bloom schedule day 1 of flowering in my setup.

My other thought would be flood times with that medium. Not sure if its staying over saturated between cycles and the roots don't get enough air.

Perhaps getting a moisture meter in there will help shed some light on that aspect. Or I suppose you could carefully try to lift one out by the S hooks to see whats going on down there.

Pit...Pit....Pit....Thanks a bunch man for stopping by! I'm following all your expansion plans and can't wait to see what turns up!

And this is why I love you guys so much! I'm on a res change tonight. Will move to blooming formula shifting from Aggressive to Normal; getting away from Transition. I'll report back on PPM.

Also, I'll give a check on the flood schedule. For some reason, I may still be on 6x15.

Thank you guys for catching this and recommending what action to take!

Most sincerely.
SF

good point B. Id like to see inside that pot...the roots,media etc. shouldnt be too difficult and it will be a learning exp.

Yeah that may be too often for a medium like that. I think the nute schedule change will help a lot but you will also need to make sure you are in sync with what the medium is doing for you. You need enough time for the moisture to get soaked up and air to be accessible to the roots without allowing it to dry out.

Experiment with times and read the body language of the plants. Try 8X3 keeping a close eye past the 6 hour mark. It will really help to get a look or probe into the state of the medium every couple of hours past the 4 hour mark. If the medium is drying up too much go to 6x4.

Your ppm should be in the 1600 - 1700 neighborhood at this point using the schedule I mentioned. Good luck

Pit...Pit....Pit....Thanks a bunch man for stopping by! I'm following all your expansion plans and can't wait to see what turns up!

And this is why I love you guys so much! I'm on a res change tonight. Will move to blooming formula shifting from Aggressive to Normal; getting away from Transition. I'll report back on PPM.

Also, I'll give a check on the flood schedule. For some reason, I may still be on 6x15.

Thank you guys for catching this and recommending what action to take!

Most sincerely.
SF

Also..

If /when you look at the roots you need to study the color and texture of what you can see. If over watering/flooding is a cause then pythium (root rot)may have set in. Keep in mind the roots tend to take the color of the nute solution (normal bloom in GH flora looks a bit like berry juice or a darker white zin). But you want to look for brownish slimy roots. This is bad. If this is the case treat roots directly with some H2O2 and I would run hygrozyme until everything is on the up and up. I'd run all the time its just too expensive for me. I only use when I suspect root issues.

My hope is the plants are just looking for different nutes then the aggressive bloom was offering.

Also..

If /when you look at the roots you need to study the color and texture of what you can see. If over watering/flooding is a cause then pythium (root rot)may have set in. Keep in mind the roots tend to take the color of the nute solution (normal bloom in GH flora looks a bit like berry juice or a darker white zin). But you want to look for brownish slimy roots. This is bad. If this is the case treat roots directly with some H2O2 and I would run hygrozyme until everything is on the up and up. I'd run all the time its just too expensive for me. I only use when I suspect root issues.

My hope is the plants are just looking for different nutes then the aggressive bloom was offering.

Here's a shot from tonight. I was solo, so it was difficult for me to remove the STG insert. But here's what's doing at the bottom when I lifted the bucket.

MJ_712_1.jpg

SF

Here's a shot from tonight. I was solo, so it was difficult for me to remove the STG insert. But here's what's doing at the bottom when I lifted the bucket.

MJ_712_1.jpg

SF
OK that end looks A+ healthy. Lets keep investigating.. and stick with that res change too.

Yeah that may be too often for a medium like that. I think the nute schedule change will help a lot but you will also need to make sure you are in sync with what the medium is doing for you. You need enough time for the moisture to get soaked up and air to be accessible to the roots without allowing it to dry out.

Experiment with times and read the body language of the plants. Try 8X3 keeping a close eye past the 6 hour mark. It will really help to get a look or probe into the state of the medium every couple of hours past the 4 hour mark. If the medium is drying up too much go to 6x4.

Your ppm should be in the 1600 - 1700 neighborhood at this point using the schedule I mentioned. Good luck

Thanks McBudz for all the info!!!

Here's what I noticed tonight during the res change.

Runoff Readings (pumped from Res)
PPM 1510
PH 5.9

Tonight's Refill
PPM 1770
PH 5.8

Room Temp was 78, RH was 70%, noticed heavy condensation on the Tile floor. Turned off CO2, opened closet door, RH dropped to 55%.

Changed to HPS bulb.

I guess for you guys, this is when experience comes into "play". My gut tells me to "slow" down and let things take hold. Do you think I should turn down my cycle at this point, or wait a little bit?

Thanks again for the close eyes guys!!!

SF

Thanks McBudz for all the info!!!

Here's what I noticed tonight during the res change.

Runoff Readings (pumped from Res)
PPM 1510
PH 5.9

Tonight's Refill
PPM 1770
PH 5.8

Room Temp was 78, RH was 70%, noticed heavy condensation on the Tile floor. Turned off CO2, opened closet door, RH dropped to 55%.

Changed to HPS bulb.

I guess for you guys, this is when experience comes into "play". My gut tells me to "slow" down and let things take hold. Do you think I should turn down my cycle at this point, or wait a little bit?

Thanks again for the close eyes guys!!!

SF

wait 48 hours to see if there is improvement in the leaves. If its a nutrient thing they should perk up fairly quickly if not past the point of no return. As long as the wilting /curling doesn't spread to new leaves we should be good.

Still unsure about the cycle length over the long haul. All depends on how saturated that STG stays. The roots growing out of the bottom look good at this point but they are really only the tip of the iceberg so to say.

Back
Top Bottom