1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

Hey Stink Finger, How are things??? Improving I hope I hope you have pics of beautiful budding ladies soon. :goodluck:

The drama continues, more info below, ;-)

Gonna be a great movie here Dro!

SF Just though I'd pass along that I just ordered a "419" medicinal device. I had seen it discussed before, but checked it out after your testimonial. They currently have a "scratch" sale. I got for $20 off :thumb:

That's really great to hear. I don't think I would have rated it really hi if it didn't fill all the hype, but I really think it's a great pipe!!! Please give your impression when you get it. I'm excited for you NEF! We'll have to have a 419 party!

SF

Ok, so I probably have more questions then you guys can "tolerate" at one sitting so I thought I'd just break them down over a couple of posts, tonight and tomorrow.

So I may be able to get a shot, and do a little dissection of the STG material if you guys can help me determine if these two are males at this point? The are both White Widow, the tallest in the crop, and they are from regular seeds.

WW #1
MJ_756_1.jpg

WW #2
MJ_738_1.jpg

If these are males, and I can remove them from the grow area, it should provide a little breathing room for some of the others. My impression as of today is my closet is just a little to small to support 10 plants.

McB, Pit, Wheel, Dro, Slo, Butch, NEF what do you think on these two?
(Hope I didn't miss anyone)

Thanks guys.
SF

Yeah that may be too often for a medium like that. I think the nute schedule change will help a lot but you will also need to make sure you are in sync with what the medium is doing for you. You need enough time for the moisture to get soaked up and air to be accessible to the roots without allowing it to dry out.

Experiment with times and read the body language of the plants. Try 8X3 keeping a close eye past the 6 hour mark. It will really help to get a look or probe into the state of the medium every couple of hours past the 4 hour mark. If the medium is drying up too much go to 6x4.

Your ppm should be in the 1600 - 1700 neighborhood at this point using the schedule I mentioned. Good luck

Hey McB.

So I took a look today. I'll have a couple of new pics tomorrow for you to see (for comparison).

I placed my hand down the side of one of the buckets, feeling the STG medium. It felt damp, but not wet and soaking. I'm still seeing some leaf curling, but the new leaves color look good with the res change and now in the Bloom cycle of GH nute schedule.

I'm wondering if instead of raising the amount of floods being performed, we should go the other way? Lowering to perhaps 4x6? (I feel like Donnie from Big Lebowski, Out of My Element)

Room Temp and RH are a little more stable, 72 and 60 respectively. PPM jumped a little to 1820, PH holding steady at 5.9.

Keep letting it ride?

Thanks man!
SF

Hey McB.

So I took a look today. I'll have a couple of new pics tomorrow for you to see (for comparison).

I placed my hand down the side of one of the buckets, feeling the STG medium. It felt damp, but not wet and soaking. I'm still seeing some leaf curling, but the new leaves color look good with the res change and now in the Bloom cycle of GH nute schedule.

I'm wondering if instead of raising the amount of floods being performed, we should go the other way? Lowering to perhaps 4x6? (I feel like Donnie from Big Lebowski, Out of My Element)

Room Temp and RH are a little more stable, 72 and 60 respectively. PPM jumped a little to 1820, PH holding steady at 5.9.

Keep letting it ride?

Thanks man!
SF

yeah I what I meant was less floods more time inbetween like 4 floods each 6 hours apart or 3 floods 8 hours apart. 1890 ppm is a little high do you have room to add some more water to try to bring down a little?

Ok, so I probably have more questions then you guys can "tolerate" at one sitting so I thought I'd just break them down over a couple of posts, tonight and tomorrow.

So I may be able to get a shot, and do a little dissection of the STG material if you guys can help me determine if these two are males at this point? The are both White Widow, the tallest in the crop, and they are from regular seeds.

WW #1
MJ_756_1.jpg

WW #2
MJ_738_1.jpg

If these are males, and I can remove them from the grow area, it should provide a little breathing room for some of the others. My impression as of today is my closet is just a little to small to support 10 plants.

McB, Pit, Wheel, Dro, Slo, Butch, NEF what do you think on these two?
(Hope I didn't miss anyone)

Thanks guys.
SF

Yup look male to me.

SF,
They look like the two males I had to chop chop.
Just my observ.

Nice call Noatec! Thanks bro.

yeah I what I meant was less floods more time inbetween like 4 floods each 6 hours apart or 3 floods 8 hours apart. 1890 ppm is a little high do you have room to add some more water to try to bring down a little?

Excellent McB, we're "tracking". I reduced to 4x6 and will keep an eye out. I do have room to add water and will do so tonight to get the PPM down a little to 1700(ish) where we discussed.

At this point, I guess all we can do is a little watch and wait. The two males will come out tonight, and I'll get some camera shots of the STG medium for reference.

Can't thank you enough!

SF

With no real experience, a gender call from me wouldn't be really be credible. But... twig and berries, I hope they haven't tagged your femms. :goodluck:

NEF. Shouldn't be much of a problem. Just 1 week into flower. Wanted pics for everyone to see and for reference. Also, needed confirmation from my buckethead brothers before they get the ax. ;-)

sorry bout the males....keep us posted on the plants

yuck nuts everywhere lol

Thanks guys! Shouldn't be too bad, will give more room to manauver around. if we can hold to two males that will leave 8 plants remaining. (3 WW, 4 A Kush, 1 Clone)

Pit, I'll also be able to dissect one of those Sure to Grow inserts!!! Pics soon man.

SF

Question(s)

So I finished a grow with the EcoGrower. Pic below. I figure I can clean it with a toilet scrubber brush. Or perhaps you can provide another suggestion. Never cleaned before.

1. What to clean with (bleach, H2O2?, just don't know)
2. How to clean hydroton?
3. How to remove the roots from hydroton?
4. How long to run it with what cleaning agent?
5. Can I reuse net pots?

Any insight, I'd really appreciate it. Trying to reset this system for the LowRyder cycle.

Thanks!
SF

MJ_701_1.jpg

Question(s)

So I finished a grow with the EcoGrower. Pic below. I figure I can clean it with a toilet scrubber brush. Or perhaps you can provide another suggestion. Never cleaned before.

1. What to clean with (bleach, H2O2?, just don't know)
2. How to clean hydroton?
3. How to remove the roots from hydroton?
4. How long to run it with what cleaning agent?
5. Can I reuse net pots?

Any insight, I'd really appreciate it. Trying to reset this system for the LowRyder cycle.

Thanks!
SF

Hey bro... I'd say all in all you're not looking too bad... two males definitely didn't look far enough along to do any damage... the leaf curl seems to be a small problem... IDK if it'll help but I do my cycles 15min every 4 hours lights off I do one cycle... But I use hydroton... on that STG I believe it does retain quite a bit more water than hydroton... maybe 2 cycles during lights on and one during lights off. I wouldn't go less than 2 or more than 3 with lights on... but that's just my opinion... LOL. IMO your RH is too high though considering you're in flowering... I'd keep mine no more than 45%... most the time I'm lower... if you're running CO2 I believe your temps are optimal from 80-84 lights on...

Cleaning...
I clean with bleach but to each their own... I'd use 1 part bleach to 20-30 part warm water... I have a couple spare 55 gal drums I dump all my hydroton in with water and bleach and use a noodle strainer, grab a bunch in it and agitate the shit out of it then dump it in the other 55 gal drum soak in warm water for 24 hours or so and strain it out again obviously this could be done on a smaller scale with 5 gal buckets or it could be done in the laundry sink or... you could do what Pit does and throw it in the clothes washer... LOL. Hell yeah you could use the net pots, as long as you don't have to damage them too much cleaning them up... clean up on all that stuff is pretty simple same parts bleach to water and just use a scrub brush then run it for a day... then run hot water for 24 hours or so... sometimes if I detect a slight bleach smell I'll dump out that water and do it another time...

Sure I'll talk to you soon... TinkerFinger... :)

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

GanjaMon!

Thanks for the tips bro!!

Update:
I'm working on uploading the Sure to Grow dissection pictures. (Maniacal Laugh)

Oh, and by the way. FOUND ANOTHER WHITE WIDOW MALE TODAY! So we're down to two, four afghan kush, and one partridge in a pear tree. No, 1 clone female. 60% male from regular seeds.

So a total of 7 plants left. It could just be a blessing in disguise. I can now get back in the room and move stuff around!

SF

So, have we ever seen an execution on this site? Honestly I felt like it when I had to chop this beautiful plant down. Shame it was a male.

So these next series of pictures are the dissection of the Sure to Grow medium. Please mind you, the color of the roots seems to be a little more brown as this plant was sitting in the 5 gallon bucket for approx 24 hours when I removed it from the room (I also don't recall the flash going off on several of these shots, I had the camera on the tripod, so it might just be using the room light). You'll also notice that many of the roots on the bottom have been "stripped" away when I removed the insert from the bucket. I provided a stem shot so you could see how healthy it looks in the insert. It was quite thick.

The last couple of pics, with the white roots are from another Male that was discovered and removed today.

And away we go.....

MJ_760_1.jpg

MJ_761_1.jpg

MJ_762_1.jpg

MJ_765_1.jpg

MJ_766_1.jpg

MJ_770_1.jpg

MJ_774_1.jpg

MJ_773_1.jpg

Today
MJ_776_1.jpg

MJ_778_1.jpg

Next set of pictures will be the current state of the plants (as of today). Hoping you guys will say they are coming around!

Thanks!
SF

Back
Top Bottom