1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

And for my last pic update of today, we'll highlight 4 of the Thai Tanic girl's colas. The Thai Tanic is supposed to be harvested between 63 days to 84 days (9 to 12 weeks). These plants are doing wonderful and I don't believe they will go to the 12 week mark at all. I am really looking forward to this strain and hope it meets my expectations from memories of days long gone!!! I have not tested yet... so we will see!

Also, I made a mistake when I reported that I thought the Thai Tanic's buds were lighter and fluffy - not. I felt these buds recently and they are pretty darn dense and feel solid - just like the White Widows. So I am real real pleased with the results I'm getting from the Thai Tanic ladies.

Let's start with TT1 on Day 64 of flower. Trichs are still pretty clear on this lady, but starting to turn cloudy. This lady also has shown me that waiting is a good thing cuz she had browned hairs everywhere (would make you think she was getting done) but has now started in with new growth and is shooting out new white hairs everywhere. This first image is supposed to show this in the top of TT1's cola...
Dec14-TT1_ColaTopNewGrowthDay64Flower.jpg

And then a bit more of a cola pic from Thai Tanic 1 on Day 64 of flower...
Dec14-TT1_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

Hopefully the new growth will fatten up this ladies colas!

Then I'll highlight a cola from each of the other Thai Tanic, all on Day 49 of flower (I errored and named them as day 53 - but they are NOT - they are day 49). Only one of these four TT got real tall and her colas look a lot like the tall White Widow's did, the others look a lot like the shorter WW's did. All the way around, the Thai Tanic have been real nice growers!

This is Thai Tanic 2-1 (the tallest lady cuz this one I did not LST) on day 49 of flower. The dowel rods I put in this plant are taller ones at approximately 36" from soil to the top (some of my dowel rods are 24") - so this lady grew a bit taller.
Dec14-TT2-1_ColaTopDay53Flower.jpg

Then a cola from TT 2-4 on day 49 of flower, a bit different shaped than the above plant and around 36" tall...
Dec14-TT2-4_ColaTopDay53Flower.jpg

And the last TT featured here is approximately 34" tall (has 24" dowel rod)... and as with all TT, you can see they fill out nicely with LST...
Dec14-TT2-uk_ColaTops.jpg

That's it for updates today. I'm *hopefully* gonna get in to some other's journals today - but we are also getting to our busier time of the day so I know I won't have much more time....

But I have to get into Butcher's journal and congrat him on his MOM award!!! YES!!! And I have to get into OldSkoool's journal (they probably closed it by now!) and see Wanda in her final days! I feel so far behind and hope everyone can forgive me for not making it in to their journals near often enough - it is just very overwhelming just keeping up with mine... but the end of March brings the end of my grows and then I intend to torment everyone!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVE TO ALL!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Absolutely gorgeous plants granny. Those LDs look frosty as hell. And your TT is jawdropping too ..

+rep

Wowwwz :popcorn:

And for my last pic update of today, we'll highlight 4 of the Thai Tanic girl's colas. The Thai Tanic is supposed to be harvested between 63 days to 84 days (9 to 12 weeks). These plants are doing wonderful and I don't believe they will go to the 12 week mark at all. I am really looking forward to this strain and hope it meets my expectations from memories of days long gone!!! I have not tested yet... so we will see!

Also, I made a mistake when I reported that I thought the Thai Tanic's buds were lighter and fluffy - not. I felt these buds recently and they are pretty darn dense and feel solid - just like the White Widows. So I am real real pleased with the results I'm getting from the Thai Tanic ladies.

Let's start with TT1 on Day 64 of flower. Trichs are still pretty clear on this lady, but starting to turn cloudy. This lady also has shown me that waiting is a good thing cuz she had browned hairs everywhere (would make you think she was getting done) but has now started in with new growth and is shooting out new white hairs everywhere. This first image is supposed to show this in the top of TT1's cola...
Dec14-TT1_ColaTopNewGrowthDay64Flower.jpg

And then a bit more of a cola pic from Thai Tanic 1 on Day 64 of flower...
Dec14-TT1_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

Hopefully the new growth will fatten up this ladies colas!

Then I'll highlight a cola from each of the other Thai Tanic, all on Day 49 of flower (I errored and named them as day 53 - but they are NOT - they are day 49). Only one of these four TT got real tall and her colas look a lot like the tall White Widow's did, the others look a lot like the shorter WW's did. All the way around, the Thai Tanic have been real nice growers!

This is Thai Tanic 2-1 (the tallest lady cuz this one I did not LST) on day 49 of flower. The dowel rods I put in this plant are taller ones at approximately 36" from soil to the top (some of my dowel rods are 24") - so this lady grew a bit taller.
Dec14-TT2-1_ColaTopDay53Flower.jpg

Then a cola from TT 2-4 on day 49 of flower, a bit different shaped than the above plant and around 36" tall...
Dec14-TT2-4_ColaTopDay53Flower.jpg

And the last TT featured here is approximately 34" tall (has 24" dowel rod)... and as with all TT, you can see they fill out nicely with LST...
Dec14-TT2-uk_ColaTops.jpg

That's it for updates today. I'm *hopefully* gonna get in to some other's journals today - but we are also getting to our busier time of the day so I know I won't have much more time....

But I have to get into Butcher's journal and congrat him on his MOM award!!! YES!!! And I have to get into OldSkoool's journal (they probably closed it by now!) and see Wanda in her final days! I feel so far behind and hope everyone can forgive me for not making it in to their journals near often enough - it is just very overwhelming just keeping up with mine... but the end of March brings the end of my grows and then I intend to torment everyone!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVE TO ALL!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

granny those look absolutely amasing
and those thai tanics OMG
the pictures of the trics on the plants are just so good

what method do you use to take such clear focuzed pictures o_O
those are just wow

:hug::hug::hug:MI-grower:hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug:DroJo:hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug:fastfor20:hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug:mr-natural:hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug:Screwnuts:hug::hug::hug:

:hug::hug::hug:AND EVERYONE ELSE!!!:hug::hug::hug:

My 420 family... I am feelin' pretty... grateful and loved for lack of better words. The support here is just sooooooooo wonnerful. I truely appreciate each and every one of you. And for the 420 folks to offer such a wonderful place for all of us to share... not just the emmense joy of growing, but the good and bad times. What joy in getting to know one another and sharin' some good ol' FUN along the way... and the not-so-good I just did something bad to my plants - tell me what the heck I do now support that brings in the cavalry to rescue you by offerin' solutions and empathy. What more could we ever want or need?

I pray ALL of my 420 family has a wonderful and happy Christmas. (and I hope each of you find a stash from Santa... or that you grew!!!) Forget the outradgeously priced issues that go with Christmas and concentrate on those things that REALLY matter - spending some time enjoying the companionship of those you love.

Give to those who are struggling if you can - it'll make ya feel good inside and get you in the spirit. Let's see... I know someone who's uncle should be given just a bit of stash so he doesn't have to rob Gramma's huge pot plant????? LOL!

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:MANY LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

First off, GREAT JOURNAL!!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:I've been watching the site to lean and get some inspiration for a future grow and here it is! Great writing and incredible pics! I wish I could taste it too!~:roorrip: Keep it going!

:hippy::hippy:Hello Hello Granny Hello Hello:hippy::hippy:

Damn your journal just grows and grows just like your plants. Miss a day and you've missed a whole chapter.

Thanks for the tip on lemon grass (EO).

You have more energy than OldSkoool and me put together. course that aint saying much.:smokin:

Right now everything you put in a picture looks fantastic. :yummy::yummy:Great green Ganny with multiple Green Thumbs.:yummy::yummy:

Sorry about your friend, that was me long time ago with Rosemary.:smokin:
Your doing him a great service. It's great to have friends like you and your old man to help him out. Good on you both. Nothing but good Karma.
:surf:

Get ready for the Grandkids.:theband: They are coming in force.:clap::laughtwo::clap:

I.....I need a hug. :peace:

Here is a warm, wrap my arms around ya and squeeze ya tight hug from Granny!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:cocoJoe:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Luv ya honey!!!!

Only here for a moment cuz it looked like cocoJoe needed a nice hug!!!

I'll be back in later today for a little bit with updates. I have payroll and a bunch of running around stuff to take care of first today! See ya all then!!!

Going to be a great harvest very soon. How tall did the Thai-Tanic get? I wanted to try that one but was concerned it would be too tall for my tent.

:hug::hug::hug:Screwnuts:hug::hug::hug: Hi Honey!!! You can read on some of the tags for the date and height of the plants when put to flower. The tallest was put to flower at 9" tall and did NOT get LST'd - it grew to approximately 40". The others were LST'd and are from approximately 29" to 36" tall from soil to the top. They were put to flower between 8.5" to 10". They grew different heights similar to what the White Widow did, some taller and some shorter. With the 5g bucket the tallest lady is around 5 foot and the shorter ones around 4 foot. Hope that helps honey!

granny those look absolutely amasing
and those thai tanics OMG
the pictures of the trics on the plants are just so good

what method do you use to take such clear focuzed pictures o_O
those are just wow

:hug::hug::hug:blacken:hug::hug::hug: Hi Sweetie! :thanks: (AND EVERYONE) so very very very very very much for all the wonderfully nice comments. I wish I had time to respond to everyone and to properly welcome the new folks to Granny's 420 family!!!

The camera:
1) My camera allows me to set the pictures for higher resolution so I have it set for 3264x2448. This saves a larger file per pic, but allows a clearer enlargement of small areas within the pic.
2) I set the lighting for tungent (may be mispelled cuz I don't have my book here!) which is the higher red that HPS lights give off. Otherwise the images were all yellow.
3) I set the flash cuz it highlights the colas.
4) I have different macro settings on my camera. To get the trich shots, I manually set the camera at the closest macro setting of 1cm distant. Then I get real close to leaves, buds, whatever and take the pic. This gives me some real nice trich saturation shots.
5) But to get the closest trich shots I put up, I take the original image I have in #4 above and copy the smaller area that I want to enlarge from within that original image, then I paste it as a new image. I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro to edit images - so how you do this will depend upon the graphic software you use. It is the same theory as cropping a smaller area from within a picture and then saving it.

Don't know if that will help anyone - but there it is! I had to read thru my camera manual to learn how the different settings work and then just take a hell of a lot of pics. I love digital cameras cuz you can take a ton of pics and no longer have to pay high film costs! LOVE THAT! I take a lot of pics and then pick out the best ones.

Absolutely gorgeous plants granny. Those LDs look frosty as hell. And your TT is jawdropping too ..

+rep

Wowwwz :popcorn:

:hug::hug::hug:DroJo:hug::hug::hug: Hi Honey! :thanks: so very much. Sometimes all I can get done upstairs is just standin' there in awe of ALL of their beauty. This is such a wonderful wonderful amazing... breathtaking journey. Even more beautiful to me than ridin' thru the Grand Canyon or the Rocky Mountains!!! I am enjoyin' every second of this grow - even if I bitch and moan about how sore I am and how I can't keep up!!! LOL

cuz...

:slide:Granny's doin' the HAPPY DANCE!!!:slide:

I have to make this fast cuz I didn't get my other tasks done yet. I just wanted to get a GREAT harvest update in here! ALL 3 plants harvested today were on Day 67 of Flower.

I can't wait to smoke test these strains out in the next couple weeks. I tried a bit of LD early on and it was WOW!!! So now that it has had time to finish, I am really looking forward to feelin' how it came out!

I haven't tested the White Widow yet... but when I look at her I am humbled and stand in awe. That's how I am looking at all of them tho - they are so very very beautiful.

Anyways... I am short on time so I best get to todays update from yesterday's harvest!!!

First, the LD. - LD3
An old Skunk variety crossed with Mazar. – Called L*D by the Farm crew because of its powerful trippy effect. Developed from ancient genetics long established in the Farm seed bank. Crossing Skunk #1 with a potent Mazar we have created a very powerful Indica strain. L.*.D. is a hardy, disease resistant plant that responds well in all grow conditions. With just a little care and attention, the L.*.D. strain will give the grower high yielding award winning powerful results. The flavor is intense earthy chestnut with a sweet musky smell. The L*D produces a euphoric, almost psychedelic experience. It’s a super-trippy and very powerful stone, a Barney’s Farm special.
Type: Indica dominant
Genetics: Skunk #1 X Mazar
Yield: Optimum indoor. 600 gr/m2
Indoor Height: 50 – 60 cm
Indoor flowering time: 60 to 65 days
Outdoor harvest time: Mid September
THC: 24%
CBD: 1.3%

THIS LD3 (the others growing next did NOT grow the same!) was a short wide plant. She got to just shy of 20" tall, but was approximately 28" wide. She didn't grow real long colas, but they sure are nice. Here she is before harvest...
Dec17-LD3_HarvestDay_Day67Flower.jpg

And here is a last cola shot for her...
Dec17-LD3_HarvestDayCola_Day67Flower.jpg

And a couple last LD trich shots...
Dec17-LD3_HarvestDayTrichs.jpg

Dec17-LD3_HarvestDayTrichs2.jpg

And then she is boxed to dry...
Dec17-LD3_HarvestDay_Boxed_Day67Flower.jpg

LD3's journey of growth has ended. It almost made me sad...

but then I looked around the room and thought it's just another beginning! My TRUE beginning of harvesting!!! (much better yield than the hermies!)

I'll be back with one more of the 2 White Widows I harvested yesterday.

On to the two White Widows... Maybe I also forgot to say that all these (including the LD) are being harvested on day 67 of flower.

Here is the info on the White Widow from amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com

This strain is the strongest weed in the world.
The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see the bud at all.
The high is extreme and the taste divine.
This weed has won more cups than any before.
On the top of all dutch coffeeshop menu's (mostly the most expensive!)
A must for anyone who thinks they are a smoker !!

Type : Indica - Sativa mix
Climate : indoor
Yield : 450 gr/m2
Height : 35 - 60 cm
Flowering period : 8 weeks
Harvest : begin september
Stoned or High : Extreme high
THC level : strong 20% - 25%
Grow Difficulty : Moderate

White Widow 2
WW2 grew to 29" tall. I couldn't ever get real good pics of her colas cuz she had a lot of leaves, so the first pic below is her with her leaves and the second is after I had trimmed the fan leaves off her...
Dec17-WW2_HarvestDayBeforeFanLeafTrim_Day67Flower.jpg

Dec17-WW2_HarvestDayAfterFanLeafTrim_Day67Flower.jpg

Then the last pic of a single cola...
Dec17-WW2_HarvestDayCola_Day67Flower.jpg

And a last trich pic of WW2...
Dec17-WW2_HarvestDayTrichs_Day67Flower.jpg

And here she is all boxed up and ready to dry...
Dec17-WW2_HarvestDay_Boxed_Day67Flower.jpg

She really had some fat colas!!!

Now on to...

White Widow 4

This lady grew to about 39" tall and those tall branches sure did lean with their weight as they filled out. The wreath rings (2 on this plant) have worked real good as support for most of my plants (a few have needed more tho).

Here is WW4 before harvest...
Dec17-WW4_HarvestDay_Day67Flower.jpg

A last pic of the top of one of her colas...
Dec17-WW4_HarvestDayTopOfCola_Day67Flower.jpg

And a couple last trich pics...
Dec17-WW4_HarvestDayTrichs2_Day67Flower.jpg

Dec17-WW4_HarvestDayTrichs_Day67Flower.jpg

And in the box to dry...
Dec17-WW4_HarvestDayBoxed_Day67Flower.jpg

Of course, I will let everyone know what yields I get after they dry. I can tell ya that the White Widows had some real heavy colas! These will take a bit longer to dry than the smaller hermie colas did!

Again - I am so sorry if I didn't get a respond to everyone!!! You all know I luvs ya and I'll be back to pester ya another day!!!

I now REALLY have to get to my bookwork for the day - my girls expect a paycheck today and I have a ton of other business things to do after that. EEK!!!!

LOVE TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VRRROOOOOOOOOMMMM... granny rides full throttle outta here!!!!

VRRROOOOOOOOOMMM!!!

Back
Top Bottom