1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

What is the ratio of NPK on your EWC ging? So no actual soil or pro mix? I'm considering making my own too is why I ask. Thanks in advance

I'm not sure off the top of my head what the NPK ratios are TMD, I've still got some in the loft so I'll check later today for you.

That's right bud, no premixed soil or promix.

This is a basic organic soil mix before adding the amendments, I couldn't source sphagnum peat moss so used coco coir instead.

I prefer to use coir just on a sustainability view point, no long term ecological recovery needed from coconut husks ..

If you do use SPM I would make them all equal parts per volume.

I'll try to get the EWC info for you later

wow, what day was the medical mass one topped and how many times?

Hi iwalon, welcome to my journal. I'm so pleased to have you along for the show. .

My Medical Mass had its only topping yesterday, she's looking like there will be plenty of bud growth to come from her.

Let's see how she responds .

Please feel free to ask questions, post your pics and get into the conversations on here iwalon, you will find everyone here very welcoming, friendly and they all have amazing knowledge to share.

Never too early to start thinking ahead for what is to come. And your topping looks good and fine. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Just to let you know that the longer you veg the plants for the amount they yeild is greatly increased but you also need to think about space. If you have a good 6' or 7' from what you got already then you can veg a little longer. If space is limited then 4 weeks will be adequate as plants can gain 50%-100% in the stretch once you switch to 12/12.

Thanks Glasgrow. We always need a plan my friend ..

I've got a 1mx1mx2m tent bud and they all look like they are happy growing low, except from the Finola, it's so great to see such difference in plant profiles, shapes, smells etc.

I'll have a visual marker put on my tent so I know my max veg height to allow doubling in size. Thanks again for great info bud.

Can you tell I'm enjoying growing lol.

I try to upcan to final pot size as early as possible. Reason is I want the roots to completely fill the pot (without being pot bound) before I start bloom. I don't want plant trying to grow more roots and flower at same time. But I don't want to upcan so early that plant can't use up water within a week or so. That leads to weak root ball because roots don't have to grow to find water. So I would do it 10 days to 2 weeks before flip, time enough for at least 2 waterings and for roots to reach edge of pot and then fill out.

Thanks again KR, I'll be getting myself organised for that timeframe.
The good thing is I've got a couple of extra weeks for the White Widow to catch up so this will fit in nicely ..

At least that's how I'd do it if my plants actually listened to me and stuck to dates I marked on the calendar. (Just like my human girls, I talk but they don't listen.) But I think 2 waterings in final pot is about right.

I hear you there my friend lol, I've got a house full of girls that are just the same .

[edit] Spotted some flaws in my reasoning/explanation. I implied that if a plant takes more than 1 week to use up all the water in its pot that it's not growing good roots. Really it shouldn't matter how long it takes the pot to dry out as long as it dries out between each watering. The roots are still chasing the water down to the bottom and sides, it just takes longer because the roots have more growing to do. In practice I'm always tempted to water too soon, 1 week is about the limit of my patience, even less in my first grows.

Got it ., that's a great explanation for me Kingston. I'll make sure it's not too big a jump in pot size.

Time for another update in my garden of healing folks

Medical Mass
Day: 25
Technique: topped

after LST

Finola Hemp
Day: 18

After LST

White Widow
Day: 15

After LST

Blueberry
Day: 23

After LST

Have a wonderful day wherever you are on our glorious planet, love you all .

Good morning kind sir, I hope your day of relaxation restored all vital energies and your body and mind are in sync for the blessed day, it's overcast here today. Hopefully stays cool as my 2 baby comfrey plants are not enjoying the weather, lots n lots of rain so not getting a chance to dry out and I'm not digging them out as no bending happening. Also realized where I've planted them is part of my moms big ass tortoise and mini lover daily stroll through the garden, cpl days I couldn't figure out why they looked bedraggled. Now have cages around them, planted 21 cayenne chili plants in the back garden by the fence as my moms rabbit whose been awol hasn't been around in forever has made a miraculous appearance and the chilli plants a disappearance .....:oops:

Have a great day there my friend..

Good morning kind sir, I hope your day of relaxation restored all vital energies and your body and mind are in sync for the blessed day, it's overcast here today. Hopefully stays cool as my 2 baby comfrey plants are not enjoying the weather, lots n lots of rain so not getting a chance to dry out and I'm not digging them out as no bending happening. Also realized where I've planted them is part of my moms big ass tortoise and mini lover daily stroll through the garden, cpl days I couldn't figure out why they looked bedraggled. Now have cages around them, planted 21 cayenne chili plants in the back garden by the fence as my moms rabbit whose been awol hasn't been around in forever has made a miraculous appearance and the chilli plants a disappearance .....:oops:

Have a great day there my friend..

Good morning Smeegol ., thanks bud the rest was definitely needed.

Those cheeky critters lol, I've got a couple of foxes that like to have a dig around in my raised beds outside too.

Disgusting as it sounds what really kept them out was peeing in a jug then putting some on the outside part of the raised bed wood.

At least I remembered to not scare the neighbours by direct application lol. .

That rabbit was just waiting for your plants eh.

Does the rainy season help lower the temps a bit for you Smeegol?

Have an awesome pain free day bud

Rainy days bring a cool breeze of the Drakensberg Mountain Range behind us, if you've ever researched " The Siege of Ladysmith " involving the Boers, the British, the Scots, the Irish, the Zulus and as far as Australia we drafted troops in to reinforce the British. I have Scottish Ancestry on my dads parents side surname Anderson and Irish from my moms parents surname Jackson. I have a great aunt and cousin I know well enough from Scunthorpe, but others I'm aware of but never spoken to or met in person, only black and white pics of children distant uncles and aunts I've never met....lol

Anyway so the town is situated in a bowel shaped valley surrounded by big hills on every side a hot day is torture with really dry heat, overcast humid days it's a mosquito free for all day...lol
And when it storms all hell breaks loose as it comes off the mountains normally but splits around the valley we in and hits from the south and comes for round 2 from N/W...:passitleft: nothing to do when your low porch floods so roll a smoke my friend...

Hope your day is progressing smoothly my friend....:Namaste:

Good evening mr.Ninja sir, may I enquire to how you are on this magnificent day, brimming, bubbling cascading with healthy helpful healing I hope. I am not doing to shabby, just very occupied now that I'm committed to improving myself and striving for a cracking 2018...:bravo::bravo: not sure if it's been said before knowing my luck someone's coined the phrase " 1 day, 1 month, 1 year at a time " .... Food for thought in the morning as I review my daily goals....

May I ask yourself or your readers a question please...???

If I've read something of interest and would like to share it in my journal regarding something I don't understand or a theory of someone's that I can provide info on.
How do I go about adding a link to that topic without breaking the flow so " ya da ya da ya da " link " ya da ya da as I don't want to be hanging round with it under my sig somewhere .

Thank you for your offerings of wisdom you amazing campers in this sunset valley we call :420:

" while returning to spend the night with the bats in the belfry he ponders quietly to himselfs ' Bagginses? what is a Bagginses, precious??' "

Good evening mr.Ninja sir, may I enquire to how you are on this magnificent day, brimming, bubbling cascading with healthy helpful healing I hope. I am not doing to shabby, just very occupied now that I'm committed to improving myself and striving for a cracking 2018...:bravo::bravo: not sure if it's been said before knowing my luck someone's coined the phrase " 1 day, 1 month, 1 year at a time " .... Food for thought in the morning as I review my daily goals....

If I've read something of interest and would like to share it in my journal regarding something I don't understand or a theory of someone's that I can provide info on.
How do I go about adding a link to that topic without breaking the flow so " ya da ya da ya da " link " ya da ya da as I don't want to be hanging round with it under my sig somewhere .

Thank you for your offerings of wisdom you amazing campers in this sunset valley we call :420:

" while returning to spend the night with the bats in the belfry he ponders quietly to himselfs ' Bagginses? what is a Bagginses, precious??' "
I have no idea how to do the link . I think the thread you want to share will have that option or copy and paste the link into a message.

Hi bud ..

If the information you want to copy onto your journal is from the 420 forum then if you tap on the post itself, select more and multi quote then you can reference a couple of topics into 1 post of your own.

If it's from an external site then you just copy the url search bar at the top of the website page, then paste that into your post and it should create a live link.

I'm still stumbling around the app myself most of the time too Smeegol so your not alone there lol.

"Tricksy hobbitses" .

A big day in the garden today folks.

White Widow got topped, and got transplanted into a 5 gallon fabric pot.
As did Blueberry and Medical Mass.

MM got transplanted this morning which was definitely not a smooth process for me, not sure I'm comfortable transplanting from a fabric pot as I was not very gentle during the process.

My motor skills sometimes are all over the place.

She doesn't look too happy at the moment when I was transplanting the other girls.

I also noticed a bit of discoloured bottom leaves on Medical Mass but I think they may have been resting on the soil.

Let's see how my girls are the morning.

Sorry I didn't take pics as it took all my focus and concentration to do the tasks at hand.

A big day in the garden today folks.

White Widow got topped, and got transplanted into a 5 gallon fabric pot.
As did Blueberry and Medical Mass.

MM got transplanted this morning which was definitely not a smooth process for me, not sure I'm comfortable transplanting from a fabric pot as I was not very gentle during the process.

My motor skills sometimes are all over the place.

She doesn't look too happy at the moment when I was transplanting the other girls.

I also noticed a bit of discoloured bottom leaves on Medical Mass but I think they may have been resting on the soil.

Let's see how my girls are the morning.

Sorry I didn't take pics as it took all my focus and concentration to do the tasks at hand.

Have the same problem . After I am finished I am like shoot forgot to take some pics . Lol

Back
Top Bottom