1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Ninja brother I think you did your best. A few things come to mind. I have read that people have issues transplanting from the fabric pots because the roots cling almost like velcro. Damages the roots, but I've also read that people use fabric pots for the entire grow because of that.

Another thing comes to mind, :oops:, it's your first round of doing this and you learn as you go for next time. You'll get to see first hand how resilient these healing creatures are. The fact that it can take our abuse and come back from it, is their way of showing us how to make a powerful comeback. The honeymoon is over, welcome to the "work." hahahaha

Lastly, I just botched my transplant I've done for almost 2 years now and this is my first time with her just crumbling in my hands as I watched in shock. The best thing you can do is get her in her pot quickly and stabilize her asap. Everyone's done it, I've done it, soooo, WELCOME! big hug :hug:

Congrats on the transplanting!

If all you lost was root tips around the edges then you did pretty good. It's tough to get a root ball out of a fabric pot without some loss. In a solid pot the dirt molds to the pot, but a fabric pot molds itself around the soil, which settles and spreads and stretches the fabric, really locks itself in as you now know. A little root pruning can help them branch more and fill the new soil better. So well done. I'm picturing them in my mind and they look great.

But G2 is right that the honeymoon is over. ( she forgot the "BWA" in front of the "ha ha ha") Those little ones lure you in, but then they grow up and there's training and tucking and defoliating and more tucking. And then there's the nervous parenting that sets in when you see every little variation magnified 11 times and are sure there's a serious nute deficiency. Or maybe that was just me. I'm sure you'll be fine! :)

Good morning there mr.ninja sir, in regards to the fabric pots and the punishment the girls can take, 2 weeks ago I said I was going to flip the lights on my bdsm project, yesterday I pulled lower than I ever have before did a heavy defol and really pulled side arms down, this morning apart from the defol you'd think I'd not done anything to her. Truly amazing plants they are and worthy of my respect.......

My friend, I hope you feel better in morning and chipper and alert, would you could you please do a med mass/ blueberry cross and you call it a medical blueberry pie with benefits my friend....... have a blessed evening the good sir.

* Now that does sound very tasty Smeegol. Maybe I'll be trying that on the second run.

Time enough yet to source some colloidal silver .

Ninja brother I think you did your best. A few things come to mind. I have read that people have issues transplanting from the fabric pots because the roots cling almost like velcro. Damages the roots, but I've also read that people use fabric pots for the entire grow because of that.

* I was so nervous doing it too, I think it will be plastic pots for getting the little ones ready and then into the 5 gallon fabric for the main race from now on .

Another thing comes to mind, :oops:, it's your first round of doing this and you learn as you go for next time. You'll get to see first hand how resilient these healing creatures are. The fact that it can take our abuse and come back from it, is their way of showing us how to make a powerful comeback. The honeymoon is over, welcome to the "work." hahahaha

* hahaha I know. There I was thinking that I had this all under control. Now time to get the learning head on again for sure.

Lastly, I just botched my transplant I've done for almost 2 years now and this is my first time with her just crumbling in my hands as I watched in shock. The best thing you can do is get her in her pot quickly and stabilize her asap. Everyone's done it, I've done it, soooo, WELCOME! big hug :hug:

* That's exactly what happened with Glorious Tina, I was so panicked when it started to crumble and she definitely was sulking at me later on last night.

Big hugs to you too my soul sista. We should have a chat tonight if our energy levels are on the ball ..

Good thing is they usually bounce back from transplanting pretty fast.

* Thanks PW, I hope they are ok. I'm totally like a worried dad here lol.
I'll get som pics later today.

Congrats on the transplanting!

If all you lost was root tips around the edges then you did pretty good. It's tough to get a root ball out of a fabric pot without some loss. In a solid pot the dirt molds to the pot, but a fabric pot molds itself around the soil, which settles and spreads and stretches the fabric, really locks itself in as you now know. A little root pruning can help them branch more and fill the new soil better. So well done. I'm picturing them in my mind and they look great.

* your so right KR, the solid pot transfers went very smoothly.

But G2 is right that the honeymoon is over. ( she forgot the "BWA" in front of the "ha ha ha") Those little ones lure you in, but then they grow up and there's training and tucking and defoliating and more tucking. And then there's the nervous parenting that sets in when you see every little variation magnified 11 times and are sure there's a serious nute deficiency. Or maybe that was just me. I'm sure you'll be fine! :)

* The honeymoon is definitely over lol.
I'll have plenty of questions for you all later today when I can get some pics up to check out my 1st fumbles .

Good morning there mr.ninja sir, in regards to the fabric pots and the punishment the girls can take, 2 weeks ago I said I was going to flip the lights on my bdsm project, yesterday I pulled lower than I ever have before did a heavy defol and really pulled side arms down, this morning apart from the defol you'd think I'd not done anything to her. Truly amazing plants they are and worthy of my respect.......

* I'm always amazed at our plants Smeegol my friend. Only this time it's for really reals as it's not someone's pics on a journal I'm looking at. Keep the fingers crossed for me bud.

Thank you so much everyone for all the reassurance. You are all my watchful guides and I am so grateful to be able to interact with you all across our beautiful wee planet.

It's a strange one for me how entirely invested I am for my ladies but I'm loving that part of it too .

I'm sure the girls will be fine and looking up saying "what's all the fuss about you crazy man" .

Love you all 420 .

Still can't link, but hey ho. There's an interesting article on the smurf guy who made his own Collodial silver..The Blue Man Fraud. Well what do you know it works. " whose a happy smeegol, whose a happy smeegol " damn I'm on the money... Want to make my own silver one day...

Just don't do what that guy did lol

Wow, I was quite taken aback by how nervous I was with my hand on the tent zipper ..

And as I held my breath and opened the garden.......... looks like my girls were not phased 1 bit ..

What a relief, and a huge learning point passed.

I still can't upload pics from the app just now but our very hard working mods and team at 420 magazine are fixing the issue as we speak.

As soon as we are working I will post some update pics

It's sooo much fun...

The horses are doing great. I love that I'm around them to know that they are shedding their winter coat already, so spring has sprung in my eyes. The more I brush them the faster spring will get here. Which means more animals to hang out with. Plants and animals that's all I ever want to do now. Peace and love...:thanks:

It's sooo much fun...

The horses are doing great. I love that I'm around them to know that they are shedding their winter coat already, so spring has sprung in my eyes. The more I brush them the faster spring will get here. Which means more animals to hang out with. Plants and animals that's all I ever want to do now. Peace and love...:thanks:

both give unconditional love.. sounds like a great day around the horses :) If spring arrives when macho(my dog) is loosing hair i would celebrate all Year round lmao! He has a coat for really hard winters and we hardly get Some frost here in the netherlands

both give unconditional love.. sounds like a great day around the horses :) If spring arrives when macho(my dog) is loosing hair i would celebrate all Year round lmao! He has a coat for really hard winters and we hardly get Some frost here in the netherlands

*Awwww that's cute, I love dogs, I bet he's beautiful. Something about animals, I can look them right in the eyes and I can read them loud and clear. But it comes to humans, I'm at a loss. I used to be good but my filters are off. So yes, unconditional love and grooming cause they love those brushes. ;)

*Sending positive grow vibes your way Ninja :love:

Hi everyone,

I’m still having issues with posting pics from the app and it’s too difficult for me to get things hooked up through the laptop just now so my good friend GTHM is posting some pics of the issues my White Widow is having for me and she has my full permission to do so.

The bottom set of leaves are very brittle today and the spotting has now showed on the second set of fan leaves too.

GTHM is thinking cal mag deficiency, Any advice on how to give White Widow some tlc?

I have Epsom salts and Gypsum for calcium in the house. All advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

IMG_58828.jpg

IMG_58836.jpg

IMG_58849.jpg

Back
Top Bottom