1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Hey I'm jumping in now .

Saw G2HM post in sheds thread so I'm a light this and less to the left ..

That's most likely that's calcium deficiency, what's your ph look like?

Hi penny, thanks for helping me out ..

I've got a 3 in 1 moisture/ph/light meter thing and it's reading 7.5 ish.

I've got some ph strips that I'm just about to go up and check the run off and add in some food grade gypsum powder.

How much do you think I should use bud?

Morning mr. Ninja sir, I feel like I haven't said hi in a while, my apologies.... well all caught up, looks all good so far apart from the measles spots. Hope you are doing better in leaps and bounds my friend....

Good morning Smeegol, how those summer temps doing over your way?

Hopefully we will be fixing White Widow in a flash.

We have some fine folks coming to give me a hand here.

So how is the garden today ninja.?

It's looking ok Joe, the bottom leaves are getting a bit knarly looking on White Widow.

The meter thing is pretty shit for ph but the ph strips are giving a result of 6 on the run off.

I added 2 tablespoons of gypsum to White Widow's water today and gave her a well needed drink, she was ready for it as she was nice n dry.

Let's see how she responds to that.

It's looking ok Joe, the bottom leaves are getting a bit knarly looking on White Widow.

The meter thing is pretty shit for ph but the ph strips are giving a result of 6 on the run off.

I added 2 tablespoons of gypsum to White Widow's water today and gave her a well needed drink, she was ready for it as she was nice n dry.

Let's see how she responds to that.

Got a feeling she will bloom nice back man you'll be okay bro we got. in The meantime lol

I would just like to say a huge thank you to G2HM, Pennywise, Kingjoe, Smeegol and everyone else following along on my thread for helping me out with my journey here.

You are all outstanding in every way. .

Ive asked G2HM to help me with posting updated pics for you all while the app is still being fixed.

Don't you love getting to play across so many time zones.

Love you all 420 .

More pics from Ninja! he added the calcium today in her water

IMG_595712.jpg

IMG_595613.jpg

IMG_595514.jpg

Yes, the new growth looks good, so I’d say your calcium level may be okay (a Ca def usually affects new growth first). The only damage I see in the photos is to older fan leaves. Could this possibly be Mg def starting up? In which case, some Epsom salt might be in order. I would start with a 1tsp/quart (4g/L) foliar spray, until you have a better handle on what your pH really is. Your shite 3-way and test strips are giving you vague results on either side of an acceptable range.

Please don’t be offended, but if you are serious about growing anything, you should make the minimal investment in a good-quality pH meter/pen.

Hi Ninja and everyone else!

I hope you're all well?

I thought I'd subbed into your journal a long time ago but clearly I didn't! :/

I hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair?

This is by far the most magical journal I've seen. I've been sat reading through it till half 4 in the morning(granted my insomnia is also to blame). Honestly this entry has pulled on my heart strings from the amount of both emotional and growing support.

I suffer with anxiety and depression but reading about everyone's ailments which led them to this sacred plant and this amazing forum really puts things into perspective for me.

You've learnt so much and done so well for a first time grow. Keep doing what you're doing because it's working!

The girls look fantastic. The beautiful green colouring and the size of those fingers on the fan leaves to me says they're happy.

I thought this might help you as it's what I tend to use when there's something wrong with my plants:

I'd go with Felipes diagnosis as the fan leaves from the bottom are being affected first and the colouring is consistent with mag defiency.

You can treat it with Epsom salts :)

It's a great thing here at 420, let's see what happens with the gypsum being watered in.

Thanks again PW, your so right, 420 magazine is an amazing place.

Am I looking for a halt in the progression of yellow spotting?
I'm assuming that the damaged leaves won't recover or do they start to repair when the calcium uptake sets in?

Back
Top Bottom