1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Yes, the new growth looks good, so I'd say your calcium level may be okay (a Ca def usually affects new growth first). The only damage I see in the photos is to older fan leaves. Could this possibly be Mg def starting up? In which case, some Epsom salt might be in order. I would start with a 1tsp/quart (4g/L) foliar spray, until you have a better handle on what your pH really is. Your shite 3-way and test strips are giving you vague results on either side of an acceptable range.

Please don't be offended, but if you are serious about growing anything, you should make the minimal investment in a good-quality pH meter/pen.

Hi FelipeBlu, welcome to my journal and thank you so much for joining us ..

Thank you again for your advice, I will give White Widow a day or so to see how she responds to the gypsum and then we will give her some Epsom salts via foliar spray as you suggested.

Then we will know for sure exactly which treatments she is responding to and we can lock this learning moment into the brain ..

It's greatly appreciated that you have added specific amounts and ratios in your advice, this helps me so much.

There's no offence taken at all here Felipe, there's a hydro shop local to me that I will definitely pay a visit to and pick up a pH meter/pen.

Hi Ninja and everyone else!

I hope you're all well?

I thought I'd subbed into your journal a long time ago but clearly I didn't! :/

I hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair?

This is by far the most magical journal I've seen. I've been sat reading through it till half 4 in the morning(granted my insomnia is also to blame). Honestly this entry has pulled on my heart strings from the amount of both emotional and growing support.

I suffer with anxiety and depression but reading about everyone's ailments which led them to this sacred plant and this amazing forum really puts things into perspective for me.

You've learnt so much and done so well for a first time grow. Keep doing what you're doing because it's working!

The girls look fantastic. The beautiful green colouring and the size of those fingers on the fan leaves to me says they're happy.

I thought this might help you as it's what I tend to use when there's something wrong with my plants:

f443c5287c8eb8908c042ad6b4d63b3e.jpg

I'd go with Felipes diagnosis as the fan leaves from the bottom are being affected first and the colouring is consistent with mag defiency.

You can treat it with Epsom salts :)

A very warm welcome to you Purkle, yes please get yourself comfy. You always have a seat available in my room bud.

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts about my journey here on 420.

It's very much been my way of documenting my healing, stumbling, ups & downs as well as documenting learning to grow my cannabis medicine.

I'm so humbled that my journey has connected with you Purkle, and if there's anything I can do to help with your conditions then I'm always here for you bud.

Your picture with the deficiencies guide is amazing and very handy, thanks again for sharing this with me and everyone that's following along.

I'm giving my girl a chance to take up the calcium I've watered in, then we will get the Epsom salts out for a wee foliar feed is there's not any response from White Widow.

I've just popped over to your journal and subbed in bud, your garden is looking amazing. It'll be great to follow along on your grow.

Got to love the 420 famalam! We're all here for each other :D.

Check out if the calcium stops it getting any worse first :). In my experience the affected areas don't repair themselves but as long as the issue doesn't spread to newer growth, you'll know the problem has been fixed.

Happy growing and take the time to enjoy it :)

Hi Ninja, great to see you online, I'm still up even though it's late. You're very welcome, you know I'm always here for you. :hug:

You got anymore pics my friend?:high-five:

Not yet my soul sista. Been having a lazy morning and trying to catch up with everyone's journals.

I'll get up to the loft later to see how everything is going and I'll send some to you again .

The affected leaves won't recover but it will stop progressing and newer growth will be normal

Thanks PW, I can live with that outcome.
It's only started to show slightly on the second set of fan leaves when I gave her the calcium.

I've not been up to check on White Widow yet today, I've had a couple of seizures this morning so I'm a bit drained just now.

Hopefully I'll be able to get up later and send some pics to G2HM.

Everything is looking ok in my garden folks.

Me being the typical me, I was busywith some LST, tucking away and adjusting some of the branches and fan leaves to let the lower heads get more light and growth.

Once I was happy with my plants I reached into my pocket for my phone to take pics and I'd left it downstairs ..

No pics today folks but White Widow is responding very well.

There's no further progression, leaves are nice and hydrated and she has taken a stretch overnight ..

I will take that as a good result and once again can I just say how grateful I am to everyone for helping out.

I'm sure we will have more fun to come, nearly time for flipping ...

Hey Ninja! Thought it was high time I cross the ocean and check out your garden. I had a lovely stroll through it. Looks nice and green! I'm waiting on a delivery hopefully tomorrow to kick off my next grow, so I am trying to get myself in grow mode! Have a lovely day! :ciao:

Everything is looking ok in my garden folks.

Me being the typical me, I was busywith some LST, tucking away and adjusting some of the branches and fan leaves to let the lower heads get more light and growth.

Once I was happy with my plants I reached into my pocket for my phone to take pics and I'd left it downstairs ..

No pics today folks but White Widow is responding very well.

There's no further progression, leaves are nice and hydrated and she has taken a stretch overnight ..

I will take that as a good result and once again can I just say how grateful I am to everyone for helping out.

I'm sure we will have more fun to come, nearly time for flipping ...

I will be removing dinky small bud branches right after flip on my big bomb and OGC. Lessons learned over headband it's all sorts of out of control leaning falling it's a mess in there now . Lol

Hey Ninja! Thought it was high time I cross the ocean and check out your garden. I had a lovely stroll through it. Looks nice and green! I'm waiting on a delivery hopefully tomorrow to kick off my next grow, so I am trying to get myself in grow mode! Have a lovely day! :ciao:

Well hello LadyGaea, it's great to have you along here .

Grab yourself a chair and refreshments and get comfy for the show.

Thank you for the compliments on my garden, can't wait to see yours get going now.

What beans are you going to pop this time around?

I will be removing dinky small bud branches right after flip on my big bomb and OGC. Lessons learned over headband it's all sorts of out of control leaning falling it's a mess in there now . Lol

I can't wait to have too many buds as an issue in my garden right now lol.

I might have just cursed myself there ..

You have an awesome jungle going on Joe, your going to need a map next time you go into your tent.

Well hello LadyGaea, it's great to have you along here .

Grab yourself a chair and refreshments and get comfy for the show.

Thank you for the compliments on my garden, can't wait to see yours get going now.

What beans are you going to pop this time around?

Hiya Nija! Kicking it off with Tangielope and Super Lemon Haze and when this flip I will start my AC/DC and Durban Poison. I wish I could do more! LOL. I have more seeds than room! I got some great freebies from Seedsman this last time. I have some Girl Scout Crack & Jack Herrer I want to play with later too. I'm like a dog with 3 bones!:rofl: :rofl: I am going to play with oils and incorporating them into food. I want to also make some cream for my arthritis

Oh! And thanks for the beverage! I will sit a spell! I do love watching the garden grow!:passitleft:

Just caught up with the last 4/5 pages since i was last on. Need to keep up more often (will be on more when my next grow starts soon). Pretty much all has been covered. Your spots look like mg deficiency, easily fixed with epsom salts in foliar spray and they wont recover but it will help with the rest of the plant. Transplanting was done well. I read a lot about transplanting and how much it shocks them, never had a problem yet and they seem to carry on regardless. I imagine if you are really rough with them and damge the roots A LOT then they may suffer.

Still deciding on what to grow this year. Definitely doing autos again and will do ak49. Not gonna do kc45 as they are NOT an auto yet are claimed to be on the seed site i use. Perhaps gonna look at doing a haze as well but there are so many to choose from. I do like amnesia haze so may try the auto version of that. I may try chco skunk as well as what i grew of it last year seemed nice. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what i could try? I will get some free seeds with my grow.

This year should be better than my last 3 outdoor grows. Have made some monumental mistakes but have learned from them and just need to get out and sort my site. Was gonna do it last year but never got time. At least the soil is there (200L) so need to head out, dig up the native soil and grass, turn it all, then add the soil and give it a good mix. Then gonna add fish blood and bone meal and a box of chicken manure pellets and let it cook for a couple of weeks before planting my babies there.

Found you Ginja.. ...plants are looking great! So what app did you use to upload your photos, I had to break from the mainstream and use 420. Are you using the app still or have you gone to a laptop version?

Well done keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom