Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

Whilst rearranging the ladies tonight a branch was snapped beyond repair. So I cleaned her up and hung her to dry. Can you say....samples.....
420-magazine-mobile296642551.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1144726783.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1428161791.jpg
420-magazine-mobile154864952.jpg
Gotta hate/love that. Cultivating cannabis is so confusing sometimes! .

Gotta hate/love that. Cultivating cannabis is so confusing sometimes! .

Indeed at first I was like WTF....then it hit me....dry it out, you got a sample. All I was trying to do was rotate the ladies about 90 degrees to get even light to all the plant. They have gotten wider than I realized. Oh well, this will give me a chance to see how long it will take on the stem to reach the snap point. Then how long to jar them for great odor and smokability.

The education about raising these plants is never ending. Today I received my tds pen. It has always been known that we do not drink the tap water here. Now I am realizing why on a scientific level vs just a personal it smells bad and tastes even worse level. Supposedly the EPA has a max of 500ppm for tap water. Well that limit has been exceeded here for more than 70 years. The first water I tested was the tap. Are you sitting down? The ppm for tap water here registered 657. WTF? No wonder if I put more than 1/4 nutes the plants reject the water. The filtered water that is consumed here in our house had only 20ppm. This is purchased from the local Watermill RO machines for .25/gal. I may switch the plants or future grows to this water as well to allow for more nutriets to be taken up by the plants. Then next area that was tested was each reservoir. The overachiever had a 830ppm whilst the lil gal was over 1800ppm. Same water given to each, yet a huge difference in ppm for each res. Tomorrow is res change day. PPMs will be watched and recorded.

Where is that Bic for size comparison?

It was two weeks between the first obligatory bic photo shoots. So let's go another couple of weeks and see if there is yet another noticeable increase in size. Besides, that bic dude is hard to schedule on a regular basis. He gets around.

Res change tonight. Each has a ppm of exactly 500 and a 5.5ph. Hopefully the ladies take kindly to not having to search for their food, for it is all food except 20ppm from the ro'd water. The ladies were glowing getting out of the tent tonight.
420-magazine-mobile296385997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile242240078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1117222260.jpg

Looking forward to your upcoming harvest!

The total wattage for the flowering stage has been 367. If the yield was .5g/watt that would put me at 6.5oz. My method is to take the # of tops and average 5g/top. There are 31 tops. That would put my yield at 5.5oz. So average those two puts me at 6oz dry buds. Half that would make me happy on my first try. Just a few more weeks or maybe days before harvest. Keeping an eye on those trichomes. My thought is though a few more weeks for all my leaves are still very green and still a lot of white hairs. Don't the fan leaves turn yellow toward the end of the flowering cycle? These fan leaves continue to be solar panels at this time. Getting closer anyway.

Yup you got a little while to go yet, not days, weeks. When she's getting close she will look like death. This is normal, as you already know. You will also see a lot more amber. The ladies don't like a premature harvester . ! Can't wait for the chop! How did you figure 5 grams per top for yield?

WAG CG.....wild ass guess!

Back
Top Bottom