1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

When do you plan on harvesting your plants? Just thinking that when you come to dry you want to dry in a cool a temp as possible. I found that leaving more trimmed buds on branches and drying indoors for 3 days at around 20°C and then outdoors where it was below 10°C gave the buds the right amount of dryness to start getting cured.

We may be getting ahead of ourselves, Glasgrow. I mean, yes, the plants are really taking off, but we still have a few weeks of veg plus 8 weeks of bloom ahead.:morenutes:

On the other hand I love the irony of how fast these little ones are growing now, and yet this journal is over a year old!!! That's gotta be some sort of record. :rofl:

And worth every day of waiting.

Good morning everyone .

I'm feeling a lot better now, thank you so much for all the well wishes.

A quick wee update for you all.

Medical Mass
Day: 24
Technique: topped

Blueberry
Day: 22
Technique: topped

I think I've done the topping technique ok, maybe nipped the tip of 1 of the new leaf sets on medical mass ..

Finola hasn't been phased at all about her topping the other day, and I must say that the tops taste very nice.

No medical waste in my house lol .

Next on my mission list is to get an aquarium air pump and fine bubble stone.

I need this to make the Actively Aerated Compost Tea, AACT, to feed my ladies when they start needing it.

I am growing in Living Organic Soil and there's plenty of nutrition in there for them just now.

Any guidance on what to look for when the girls need feeding in this way is always welcome folks.

Keep them green n frosty folks
Big love to you all .

When do you plan on harvesting your plants? Just thinking that when you come to dry you want to dry in a cool a temp as possible. I found that leaving more trimmed buds on branches and drying indoors for 3 days at around 20°C and then outdoors where it was below 10°C gave the buds the right amount of dryness to start getting cured.

Hi bud, it'll be a while yet I think.

I'm going to let White Widow get at least 4 weeks veg in before I flip them all. It took a second attempt to germinate my WW seed so she's a wee bit behind.

That's some great info again my friend, you may have to remind me nearer the time lol.

We may be getting ahead of ourselves, Glasgrow. I mean, yes, the plants are really taking off, but we still have a few weeks of veg plus 8 weeks of bloom ahead.:morenutes:

On the other hand I love the irony of how fast these little ones are growing now, and yet this journal is over a year old!!! That's gotta be some sort of record. :rofl:

And worth every day of waiting.

. KR you could be right there, we should ask Teddy if I'm in the lead for being the slowest . lol.

The ladies are taking off now though, it always amazes me how much growth occurs in 24 hours, those roots must be spreading down and out nicely.

I think I will upcan them a week before flip, what's your thoughts on that my friend? .

Thanks KR for your continued support and watchful eye, it means so much to have you here.

I take every step forward as an achievement nowadays, and I can't express how much getting my garden up and running with the help of everyone here means to me.

Many other forums would have given up on me, but not my 420 family.

It's literally giving me my life back, so thank you all from the depths of my soul .

Morning once again, another tip if I may, have you heard of the comfrey plant ( knit bone plant ) amazing little plant that. I use the leaves boiled for 2 min and use as a hot compress over night for my back. The medicinal qualities are amazing.... Hope ya feeling better.....

Good morning my precious lol.

I have heard of comfrey Smeegol and is definitely on my list to have outside in the garden this year too, a fantastic plant with many great uses.

I live right on the start of a river valley nature trail and there's plenty of nettles to be harvested every year too.

Very easy for me to bag a few bunches when I'm on my exercise walk. I'm very at home in nature and the outdoors, it's always been a great passion of mine.

I can't do most of the crazy adrenaline fuelled fun stuff I used to but it's always something to aim for .

Afternoon there mr. Ninja, nettles are great, done nettle tea which was ok. The comfrey burns and stings just like nettles but it's working, need to let my comfrey grow out a bit now. If you don't mind me asking do you make your own organic soil as I'm looking to do that for my girls in the future as well as my veg tunnel garden..

Have a great afternoon kind sir........

Afternoon there mr. Ninja, nettles are great, done nettle tea which was ok. The comfrey burns and stings just like nettles but it's working, need to let my comfrey grow out a bit now. If you don't mind me asking do you make your own organic soil as I'm looking to do that for my girls in the future as well as my veg tunnel garden..

Have a great afternoon kind sir........

Hi bud, yes I mixed my own soil for this grow. I've copied the post below.

The ratios were 4 parts coco coir / 3 parts earth worm casting / 2 parts perlite. Then a cup each of the amendments.

It cooked for a couple of months at least, I'd need to check back but if you give it at least a month it'll be ready to go.

420-magazine-mobile314014067.jpg

Not long to go for this nice wee pile of soil to be ready.

Cooking away is coco coir, earth worm castings, perlite, volcanic rock dust, gypsum, mycorrhizae fungi, blood fish & bone meal, chitin crab meal. Oh.... and a huge bit of hopeful healing vibrations.

Morning or afternoon? Probably evening where you are ... a good Thursday to you! The plants look very nice and green. Well done. Crazy how fast they grow up .. On your way now to some good meds .

The ratios were 4 parts coco coir / 3 parts earth worm casting / 2 parts perlite. Then a cup each of the amendments.

It cooked for a couple of months at least, I'd need to check back but if you give it at least a month it'll be ready to go.
What is the ratio of NPK on your EWC ging? So no actual soil or pro mix? I'm considering making my own too is why I ask. Thanks in advance

Thank you very much for that response, much appreciated and bonus for the pics. I have a cpl of the amendments just waiting on a big tub, hopefully tomorrow .........

Never too early to start thinking ahead for what is to come. And your topping looks good and fine. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Just to let you know that the longer you veg the plants for the amount they yeild is greatly increased but you also need to think about space. If you have a good 6' or 7' from what you got already then you can veg a little longer. If space is limited then 4 weeks will be adequate as plants can gain 50%-100% in the stretch once you switch to 12/12.

I think I will upcan them a week before flip, what’s your thoughts on that my friend?

I try to upcan to final pot size as early as possible. Reason is I want the roots to completely fill the pot (without being pot bound) before I start bloom. I don't want plant trying to grow more roots and flower at same time. But I don't want to upcan so early that plant can't use up water within a week or so. That leads to weak root ball because roots don't have to grow to find water. So I would do it 10 days to 2 weeks before flip, time enough for at least 2 waterings and for roots to reach edge of pot and then fill out.

At least that's how I'd do it if my plants actually listened to me and stuck to dates I marked on the calendar. (Just like my human girls, I talk but they don't listen.) But I think 2 waterings in final pot is about right.

[edit] Spotted some flaws in my reasoning/explanation. I implied that if a plant takes more than 1 week to use up all the water in its pot that it's not growing good roots. Really it shouldn't matter how long it takes the pot to dry out as long as it dries out between each watering. The roots are still chasing the water down to the bottom and sides, it just takes longer because the roots have more growing to do. In practice I'm always tempted to water too soon, 1 week is about the limit of my patience, even less in my first grows.

Morning or afternoon? Probably evening where you are ... a good Thursday to you! The plants look very nice and green. Well done. Crazy how fast they grow up .. On your way now to some good meds .

Sorry for the delay in replying TMD, my brain decided it was checkout time very early last night.

Thanks, I'm really pleased with how the girls are taking off now ...

Back
Top Bottom