1st time grower

Bliz1989

420 Member
Currently have a 2x5 tent. One 6 inch carbon filter, along with a back up 6x18in vivosun filter which is not yet in use. Just jeeping for should situation require or i be ready to exoand. My light is a 1000 watt adjustabke mars. Currently running at about 25% power. Been using fox farm soil. But i live in hawaii and hav started to try n take advantage of that. Recently used "hawaiian supper poop potting soil to transplants my Runtz#2 plant. N using super poop concentrate to make tea n water other pants (runtz1 n 2 and also star dawg 1 n 2) also have an auto flower gorilla glue that i admit royally failed n ahould have transplanted sooner. Any tips welcome, n please remember this is my first go at it all

20220110_150826.jpg

20220110_150821.jpg

20220110_150800.jpg

20220108_000419.jpg

:welcome: Looking good. Something definitely stunted that auto hey. We live and learn. Many people like to start autos in their final pots to avoid transplant shock. Lots of us have transplanted autos with no issues too though. The first 3-4 weeks of an autos life are really critical. Need them to grow as much as possible before that timer ends and they start flowering.

Currently have a 2x5 tent. One 6 inch carbon filter, along with a back up 6x18in vivosun filter which is not yet in use. Just jeeping for should situation require or i be ready to exoand. My light is a 1000 watt adjustabke mars. Currently running at about 25% power. Been using fox farm soil. But i live in hawaii and hav started to try n take advantage of that. Recently used "hawaiian supper poop potting soil to transplants my Runtz#2 plant. N using super poop concentrate to make tea n water other pants (runtz1 n 2 and also star dawg 1 n 2) also have an auto flower gorilla glue that i admit royally failed n ahould have transplanted sooner. Any tips welcome, n please remember this is my first go at it all

20220110_150826.jpg

20220110_150821.jpg

20220110_150800.jpg

20220108_000419.jpg
Hey @Bliz1989 Hope your having a good day.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Great garden, I see it's game night. :laugh:
Also you should fill those pots. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Bliz1989 Hope your having a good day.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Great garden, I see it's game night. :laugh:
Also you should fill those pots. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
Agreed any movement will disturb the root system.
In those pots how full they are.

Welcome, welcome! Many happy grows to you!

You asked for suggestions...

I suggest reorganizing the sealing tapes on your carbon filter and exit fan. By the look of the first picture, you used duct tape to seal the tent exhaust system. I found, from my own personal experience, that "normal" tapes like "regular duct tape" do not do a good job of sealing these exhaust system seams. I would suggest using either professionally recognized tape for sealing HVAC system duct work, (easily researched and obtainable online) or using gorilla-brand "rubberized" sealing tape to seal your effluent system. Both professional sealing tape for HVAC systems and gorilla-brand sealing tape have a butyl rubber sticky surface that is pliable and "form-able" to completely adhere-to and seal-to the exhaust system components.

Why fight it with inferior tapes? "One and done" is the solution. No one wants "certain strong odors" wafting-out through the the home, neighborhood or subdivision indicating a personal grow. Even in "legal-grow" jurisdictions smells that scream: "I got weed growing...", are never a good thing and often end badly.

Next, I would thoroughly read and understand @Bill284 's post on fire safety. As growers, we have a personal responsibility to our 420 community and others around us to act safely and wisely when operating high wattage lights and the linked home electrical circuits. @Bill284 's post indicates many safeguards for operating a grow in a professional safe manner. Please read it - the life you save may be your own.

Last, I would counsel patience - above all. Be patient with yourself, learn from others here and by doing your own tests and research, learn from both your triumphs and failures and keep accurate records and a journal so you always remember what you did to make things turn out sooo..."killa-good".

Good luck!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

ppm Charlie

it's nice to be nice but helpful is better

for sure the tape job could be better,, you could fix it easily

the plants are stretched far too much,, and the light is too far away and underpowered

the pots are not even half full looks like,, lucky tho,, becuz you can add dirt near right up to the top,, it will take away some of the stretch,, tho will reduce the size of the plant and some catch up will be needed

not sure how 'hot' that soil is, or if ph'ing is required,

that spiderman movie was only so so

and if you do add more soil to the pots,, perhaps add a bit of perlite as well? the soil in the pots looks dry and dense

karma sent friend,, hows the weather over there these days?

Nice setup, good lights, the plants look good. Do you have humidity issues, being in Hawaii? I would try and grow humidity tolerant strains. Can’t c comment on the soil, must be a local brand. I use FF Ocean Forest.

Nice setup, good lights, the plants look good. Do you have humidity issues, being in Hawaii? I would try and grow humidity tolerant strains. Can’t c comment on the soil, must be a local brand. I use FF

:welcome: Looking good. Something definitely stunted that auto hey. We live and learn. Many people like to start autos in their final pots to avoid transplant shock. Lots of us have transplanted autos with no issues too though. The first 3-4 weeks of an autos life are really critical. Need them to grow as much as possible before that timer ends and they start flowering.
Yeah it was for sure my fault for leaving it in a solo cup too long. But like u say live n learn.

Nice setup, good lights, the plants look good. Do you have humidity issues, being in Hawaii? I would try and grow humidity tolerant strains. Can’t c comment on the soil, must be a local brand. I use FF Ocean Forest.

Nice setup, good lights, the plants look good. Do you have humidity issues, being in Hawaii? I would try and grow humidity tolerant strains. Can’t c comment on the soil, must be a local brand. I use FF

Yeah it was for sure my fault for leaving it in a solo cup too long. But like u say live n learn
Good deal on the A/C. That appears to be a coco based media, so you may have to treat it that way. I’m a soil guy. Plants look good!
I used fox farm for all other plants and original runtz#2. But transplanted into the hawaiian super poop potting mix. Just see if dif results n what would work better for this strain seeing as FF wasnt cutting it

16419552717723420054435429676451.jpg

the plants are stretched far too much,, and the light is too far away and underpowered

the pots are not even half full looks like,, lucky tho,, becuz you can add dirt near right up to the top,, it will take away some of the stretch,, tho will reduce the size of the plant and some catch up will be needed

and if you do add more soil to the pots,, perhaps add a bit of perlite as well? the soil in the pots looks dry and dense

karma sent friend,, hows the weather over there these days?
Problem is plants kept getting sun burn. The Runtz i agree looked stretched. And have the most sun burn. Where as the stardawg is fine. Think i should not have tried to grow 2 apparently very different strains in same way. N yes u r absolutely right tape job is junk haha looking to purchase HVAC aluminum tape to do a better job.

16419555570746763654298709453231.jpg

karma sent friend,, hows the

karma sent friend,, hows the

Welcome, welcome! Many happy grows to you!

You asked for suggestions...

I suggest reorganizing the sealing tapes on your carbon filter and exit fan. By the look of the first picture, you used duct tape to seal the tent exhaust system. I found, from my own personal experience, that "normal" tapes like "regular duct tape" do not do a good job of sealing these exhaust system seams. I would suggest using either professionally recognized tape for sealing HVAC system duct work, (easily researched and obtainable online) or using gorilla-brand "rubberized" sealing tape to seal your effluent system. Both professional sealing tape for HVAC systems and gorilla-brand sealing tape have a butyl rubber sticky surface that is pliable and "form-able" to completely adhere-to and seal-to the exhaust system components.

Why fight it with inferior tapes? "One and done" is the solution. No one wants "certain strong odors" wafting-out through the the home, neighborhood or subdivision indicating a personal grow. Even in "legal-grow" jurisdictions smells that scream: "I got weed growing...", are never a good thing and often end badly.

Next, I would thoroughly read and understand @Bill284 's post on fire safety. As growers, we have a personal responsibility to our 420 community and others around us to act safely and wisely when operating high wattage lights and the linked home electrical circuits. @Bill284 's post indicates many safeguards for operating a grow in a professional safe manner. Please read it - the life you save may be your own.

Last, I would counsel patience - above all. Be patient with yourself, learn from others here and by doing your own tests and research, learn from both your triumphs and failures and keep accurate records and a journal so you always remember what you did to make things turn out sooo..."killa-good".

Good luck!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

ppm Charlie
Thank you, truely appreciate the support and advice!

Ph levels of runtz1 and stardawg2, also weather report for hawaii
Not sure what to do here, cause light is only running at 25% power. Can turn up with twist of knob or lower n make closer to plants. But the sun burn is evident. Is there a "sweet spot" im missing u think?

Screenshot_20220111-165329_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-165323_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-165307_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-165303_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-165032_Weather.jpg

Problem is plants kept getting sun burn. The Runtz i agree looked stretched. And have the most sun burn. Where as the stardawg is fine. Think i should not have tried to grow 2 apparently very different strains in same way. N yes u r absolutely right tape job is junk haha looking to purchase HVAC aluminum tape to do a better job.

16419555570746763654298709453231.jpg
I do not see "sunburn" as an issue here. Usually, sunburn manifests as "whitening" of leaves in sunburned areas. I see no whiting leaves. Maybe you are mistaking under-or-over-nutrification as sunburn. In any case, you should lower the light and start adjusting it based on the minimum recommended distance the mfg'er recommends. Use the dimmer control and start with 50% or 75% of full sun and work from there. @nivek is correct, the 420 does look "leggy". LST (low stress training) is recommended to help combat "legginess".

Back
Top Bottom