1st Time Growing - Autoflower Strain - Tutankhamon In Soil - 240W LED

I learned of ponytailing from another grower on here that goes by the name islandgrower during the start of my 2nd journal.
Your plants are almost ready, once that 3rd node hits you can start. Maybe by now they are? I started with twist-ties but switch to pipe cleaners because they are softer on the leafs and less likely to damage anything when you remove them. You can do this training for half of lights on but I could only do it for 6 hours a day.

420-magazine-mobile1300721377.jpg

It helps promote lower shoot growth. After a week or so it will look like this..

420-magazine-mobile224356788.jpg

It's the easiest training method I have tried.
That book was called Grow Great Marijuana by Logan Edwards. I'm pretty sure it was the first book I bought so it might be a bit old.

In my tent right now I have 2 auto strains that are great in size and 1 that just isn't up to par but hear are some pictures of the OG Kush auto who is 40ish day and just starting to bud, I've topped her twice and I just super cropped the lower branch's because they were growing so tall. I like to keep things even.
The thing with super cropping is it's very easy to snap those branch's lol so this time I snapped 2 of 3.

420-magazine-mobile317728795.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1097022520.jpg

But you just tape it right up.
420-magazine-mobile96168979.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1499087604.jpg

Keeps everything even.
420-magazine-mobile581934700.jpg

I also have have some photo plants in my tent that I started training after the 7th node. So they've gone from this on 4/26
420-magazine-mobile1984971981.jpg

To either fluxing or something else
420-magazine-mobile1654634464.jpg
420-magazine-mobile766130099.jpg

There are a couple growers on here that I know start autos in 5gal containers. Oldschool64 is a cool guy who helped me a lot last grow but I think he uses hid lights and then demonangle or demonicangle ( I forget sorry) who just finished 4 autos in 5gal pots under leds that yielded something insane like over 2lbs. Maybe you could check out their grows just for some insight.

So I was looking at some of this ponytail stuff and yes I will be doing this 100% but right now my plants are way too brittle for that or any type of training right now.

So I woke up today and same thing happened, I found my plant laying on the soil..it is very easy to move in the soil, it almost seems like she is broken under the soil for some reason...never looked and don't plan on it unless she dies on me.

The stem is dark but where she is laying the stem seems to go very light in color so I am guessing that is the roots just below the soil, I again buried her but I also tried to add some additional support.

Was an emergency fix with a piece of straw and twist tie.

This really hurts my feelings that she is doing this, it doesn't look like she is dying, although she was laying down the leaves still managed to point towards the light, now that she is tied she looks like she is pointing sideways and I hope she points back up.

20170508_211323.jpg

20170508_212234.jpg

20170508_212320.jpg

Fingers crossed that she makes it and can stand on her own, there are a lot of leaves and they are fairly big considering the size of the stem, I am hoping she can pull through.

On the bright side, where the top is pointing to its side, the bottom leaves are able to get light now, almost like a mini LST without the LST...this needs fixing, you can see the bends in the branches as it was reaching towards the light.

Any other recommendations are welcome, if the support I have added will be dine then I will leave it for now

I also turned the fan off that was next to her thinking this could be knocking her down with the breeze of air I have over her.

Soil also feels a little dry a inch or two deep, I may also provide her with a light feeding to help compact that dry topsoil for even more added support

Got to go smoke something to calm the nerves!

When is the last time you've watered? Looks like she's just top heavy. A fan oscillation fan like a desk fan or a clip fan would help strengthen the stem.
Our stems shed as they grow so you could just be seeing it peal.
I would water if these were my plants.

When is the last time you've watered? Looks like she's just top heavy. A fan oscillation fan like a desk fan or a clip fan would help strengthen the stem.
Our stems shed as they grow so you could just be seeing it peal.
I would water if these were my plants.

Checking my log it was 250ml 4 days ago around the base of the stem out to the edge of the leaves, she isn't very big so no need for a lot of water

I have 2 X 6" clip on fans. They don't move, just blowing in one direction.

I have one clipped on in a corner blowing air from the humidifier in the direction of the plants
The other is located directly next to the one that has fell down. Making me think where she is top heavy, that air may have pushed her down.

I will start with another 250ml of water and take it from there and hope that gives her some juice to start supporting herself again.

:theband:

Yeah I can slide them all the way to the edge of the pot

1 Gallon??? Are you serious?

The last time I added 1 Gallon to the pot it took the pot 8 days before the next watering. I dont want to have wet soil that is not being used and sitting for 8 days at the bottom drying. I am using 5 Gallon pots. I always thought having a pot that is always wet in the bottom is not a good thing for your plant. I figured I would slowly increase the amount of water she needs by checking her each day to see how fast she is drinking.

You really think 1 gallon for the size of my plants and pot?

For me, a gallon would be too much. I mentioned this in the other thread and it sounds like you are following it. First 2 weeks I was watering 250ml almost every day. Around 2-3 weeks I started watering 500ml just about every other day.

I'd put that moisture meter you have at different depths of the soil to see how dry she is. I still agree with MsSinful that some water is warranted. You mentioned you last watered 250ml 4 days ago. That seems long. Maybe water with 500ml this time.

Hope that helps :Namaste:

I have 500ml pH @ 6.3 ready to go

I just gave her 250ml around the stem and towards the edge, giving it a few minutes to sink and settle before feeding the remaining 250ml

Oh thats nice! Very handy..thanks a lot! Looks like I am on the right track. I made the mistake in the beginning, learned from it and it's done, your log is a excellent guideline

Not as much as it may seem. I had the trio from both Fox Farms and Advanced Nutrients. I added a few of the 250ml AdvancedNutrients like B52, Bud Candy, Overdrive and Rhino Skin. Honestly - I don't know that they were necessary.

Calmag is good to have handy, regardless of the nute system. Certainly hasn't hurt.

Because I grow in such a small space, I'm not convinced adding all those other nutes are necessary. I've seen people grow some serious stuff with just the main trio (from either FF or AN).

I'm not expert but I had troubles with Fox Farms on my first grows and I feel as though the nutes are more concentrated? The AN all seem rather light colored - pinkish, greenish, etc and less concentrated. My last grow I went with the FF again and I purposely kept the dosage down. I didn't keep track of PH except for one flush I did at 110 days.

I totally understand why you would think it's to much. I think his plants are falling down because they lack a solid root structure.
If this plant was bigger or even 30 days old I wouldn't say this but young plants like moist soil to stretch around. I think the bottom of his pots are too dry.
I never started plants in a 5gal pot and I'm definitely not always right. Just seem strange to only water the top.

For me, a gallon would be too much. I mentioned this in the other thread and it sounds like you are following it. First 2 weeks I was watering 250ml almost every day. Around 2-3 weeks I started watering 500ml just about every other day.

I'd put that moisture meter you have at different depths of the soil to see how dry she is. I still agree with MsSinful that some water is warranted. You mentioned you last watered 250ml 4 days ago. That seems long. Maybe water with 500ml this time.

Hope that helps :Namaste:

250ml a day or every other seems more fitting when starting in a large pot.

I totally understand why you would think it's to much. I think his plants are falling down because they lack a solid root structure.
If this plant was bigger or even 30 days old I wouldn't say this but young plants like moist soil to stretch around. I think the bottom of his pots are too dry.
I never started plants in a 5gal pot and I'm definitely not always right. Just seem strange to only water the top.

What I done this time was 500ml. I focused a lot around the stem to drive the water straight down and hope to get the tap root to shoot further down. I watered to the edge.

So I also had to water king tut. 250ml seemed to dry up quickly. Today they both got 500ml and if that goes in 2 days i will increase to 1 liter.

Fans are repositioned. I moved both fans to the back corners where I have the pots and light and I lowered the fans to the rim of the pots blowing loads of air down on that soil.

Going to monitor humidity to see if not having the fan directly over it makes a difference or not.

Very useful information here from you and golf and I appreciate it very much.

Stem in king tut is green in color and is starting to look like a stock.

Problematic stem on cheese is still reddish in color.

If your watering more than the once a week you will noticed the humidity levels rising a bit, you may not need the humidifier.
I'm glad other growers jumped in, I think your plants are going to enjoy the water and in return will start growing quickly.
Red stems could be a few things but because your leaves look good I would not worry to much about it right now.

If your watering more than the once a week you will noticed the humidity levels rising a bit, you may not need the humidifier.
I'm glad other growers jumped in, I think your plants are going to enjoy the water and in return will start growing quickly.
Red stems could be a few things but because your leaves look good I would not worry to much about it right now.

That is the truth!! I was hoping it would do that. After giving both plants water my humidity is now at 57% with the humidifier on. I will gradually remove the humidifier, 57% is a great number to have, even if it is until the top of the soil gets dry again :)

Back
Top Bottom