1st Time Growing - Autoflower Strain - Tutankhamon In Soil - 240W LED

Hey everyone,

So...topping...I got the blades out, gave them a good cleaning, and went into the tent with them...not sure I should have, but the way I see it, yes this is my 1st grow, but I wanna learn damn it lol...only way to learn is to get dirty, and see what happens...after many youtube videos and lots of reading on here.

So I topped 2 of my strains. 1 of which I believe I did a decent job with, the other...well...I think I totally f***ed it up, but hey, live and learn, im not upset about it, just curious what will happen...but who knows..maybe I f***ed both of them up...either way its done and time to let them grow and see where this takes us

Let me show you some pictures of how they look after the topping

Cheese TOPPED​
20170512_132854.jpg

Tutankhamon TOPPED
20170512_132242.jpg

I think I totally screwed up the King Tut topping. From what I see when people are topping the node has a pair of very small flowers, almost like hairs sticking out of the joints, I managed to get it that way with the Cheese strain, but King Tut has already started to grow sets of leaves right where I cut her, I don't think this will turn into stems where energy is already being used on the leaves...but they are still small..anything can happen...either way this ride has now become a roller coaster.

Let's hope something happens, and if not, at least I tried and learned...she will still grow...only time will tell what will happen next!

Be sure to keep checking to see what results we get.

Hey everyone,

So...topping...I got the blades out, gave them a good cleaning, and went into the tent with them...not sure I should have, but the way I see it, yes this is my 1st grow, but I wanna learn damn it lol...only way to learn is to get dirty, and see what happens...after many youtube videos and lots of reading on here.

So I topped 2 of my strains. 1 of which I believe I did a decent job with, the other...well...I think I totally f***ed it up, but hey, live and learn, im not upset about it, just curious what will happen...but who knows..maybe I f***ed both of them up...either way its done and time to let them grow and see where this takes us

Let me show you some pictures of how they look after the topping

Cheese TOPPED​
20170512_132854.jpg

Tutankhamon TOPPED
20170512_132242.jpg

I think I totally screwed up the King Tut topping. From what I see when people are topping the node has a pair of very small flowers, almost like hairs sticking out of the joints, I managed to get it that way with the Cheese strain, but King Tut has already started to grow sets of leaves right where I cut her, I don't think this will turn into stems where energy is already being used on the leaves...but they are still small..anything can happen...either way this ride has now become a roller coaster.

Let's hope something happens, and if not, at least I tried and learned...she will still grow...only time will tell what will happen next!

Be sure to keep checking to see what results we get.
Looks like a great job to me.✌

Looks like a great job to me.✌

Thanks Tom

So the topping of King Tut should be fine even though it doesn't have the very tiny small leaves next to the node...I was concerned where the leaves were a little bigger...hopefully the energy gets put into them to make them into new stems before its too late.

Appreciate you swinging by buddy...and for those of you on here, you should also go check out Tom's grow, he is doing some great things over on his journal..feel free to post your link if you like Tom so others can see what you have been doing as well :passitleft:

I just opened my tent and told my girls I was sorry for cutting them hahaha that's what happens when you have Moon Rock for breakfast!

Gonna have to come up with a name for these babies

:lot-o-toke:

Looking good! I think you will be fine with your king tut topping.

I hope you are right..if not it's your fault! haha kidding...thanks Guru

Hard to know what to expect when you never done it before, I don't know why I never started this years ago

Giving an update on the Cheese plant

I removed the brace from the stem, and the twist tie. The plant seems to be standing on its own, but as extra caution I took the advice from Tom and moved some soil around in the pots to pack around the base of the stem.

Now the fan is blowing on her again and I will check in a couple hours to see if any issues

20170512_164122.jpg

All looks well here. Nice work :bravo:

Tom - add a link to your journal in your signature!

:passitleft:
I can't figure out how to add my link to my signature, can i do it on 420, i just started fooling with these smart phones, im stick in the past i guess lol, can you lead me in the right diry, how did you add yours, by the way sorry for all the questions, damn new technology lol.✌

Thanks Tom

So the topping of King Tut should be fine even though it doesn't have the very tiny small leaves next to the node...I was concerned where the leaves were a little bigger...hopefully the energy gets put into them to make them into new stems before its too late.

Appreciate you swinging by buddy...and for those of you on here, you should also go check out Tom's grow, he is doing some great things over on his journal..feel free to post your link if you like Tom so others can see what you have been doing as well :passitleft:

I just opened my tent and told my girls I was sorry for cutting them hahaha that's what happens when you have Moon Rock for breakfast!

Gonna have to come up with a name for these babies

:lot-o-toke:
Yea she will take off now, like you said all the energy will go to the little shoots now.✌

420-magazine-mobile684739985.jpg

King Tut was topped perfect. Sometimes when you top a plant the new shoot that I circled for you is smaller. This plant as ready to be topped so no worries there.
Its good to see the cheese standing on her own. Her roots are getting stronger. Don't be alarmed if she starts leaning again, she just needs more support for a bit longer.

Ok so we are now at day 22 from germination

The last time we watered we fed her 500ml per plant4 days ago. Meter still says moist, so no water yet.

We have not fed the plants any nutrients since the start. Pure H2O..thinking about micro dosage soon after reading some feeding schedules for autos.

It has been about 48 hours since we have topped the plant. There is a lot of yellow going on in the middle, and its not looking like a deficiency in the plant, its looking like a bad ass i'm gonna kick your ass when im done kinda yellow

Here are the shots from above

Tutankhamon
20170514_090644.jpg

Cheese
20170514_090639-copy.jpg

Cheese is still doing its thing, but King Tut has changed...

20170514_090740.jpg

20170514_090803.jpg

20170514_090748.jpg

Time for bed..worked the graveyard shift

:peace:

Ok so we are now at day 22 from germination

The last time we watered we fed her 500ml per plant4 days ago. Meter still says moist, so no water yet.

We have not fed the plants any nutrients since the start. Pure H2O..thinking about micro dosage soon after reading some feeding schedules for autos.

It has been about 48 hours since we have topped the plant. There is a lot of yellow going on in the middle, and its not looking like a deficiency in the plant, its looking like a bad ass i'm gonna kick your ass when im done kinda yellow

Here are the shots from above

Tutankhamon
20170514_090644.jpg

Cheese
20170514_090639-copy.jpg

Cheese is still doing its thing, but King Tut has changed...

20170514_090740.jpg

20170514_090803.jpg

20170514_090748.jpg

Time for bed..worked the graveyard shift

:peace:
Oh yea, looks like them girls are doing good with their topping, it is day 22 for you, i bet them girls are really getting ready to explode with growth, great job.✌

Your girls are looking great. Don't worry about that lighter green color you are seeing, it's caused by rapid growth. As those areas grow out they will become darker in color.
Here's 2 pictures of plants in different stages of life showing the same color.
Keep up the great work.

420-magazine-mobile1264214230.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1853550325.jpg

Oh yea, looks like them girls are doing good with their topping, it is day 22 for you, i bet them girls are really getting ready to explode with growth, great job.✌

Thanks Tom! I am hoping they will explode as well.

Question for you...at what day did you start your LST? I am at day 22 and I see no need to do it yet because they are not very tall, was told earlier the better and was wondering if I should start training the main stem down or leave it be for a week or two when she is much bigger.

I see no point in training yet, just curious when you started your training

Things are rolling along smoothly, Indy:goodjob:

I keep telling myself that too haha don't wanna jinx anything, I am starting to have watering issues again. I am not sure if it is me or if its the meter that is just totally off...that's the next post

Back
Top Bottom