1st Time Growing - Autoflower Strain - Tutankhamon In Soil - 240W LED

With about your soil, well once your plant grows and stretches into flower, you wont need to worry, but for now, the surrounding wall your plants are in may be pretty obstructive to airflow man. Your plants all catching a good breeze?

Airflow is very good here in my tent

I have 2 fans that are blowing air around like crazy, the plants are moving around in the wind but not shaking as if it were a tornado.

The humidifier I also use has a fan that blows the air up, and I have a fan over that which blows the air around

Then I have the vents open, and my exhaust turned on

I didnt fill my pots all the way to top, i was used to growing outdoor and they stretch alot more so i was gonna add more soil after they stretched some but i didn't know that with the led it wouldn't hardly stretch much, so i cut the top off of the buckets that way they would get better airflow and i noticed a difference, they seemed to take off better.✌

Did you cut your buckets before you planted? I can't imaging cutting the tops of these buckets while the plant is growing, the vibrations and anything else that may cause a problem...maybe no problem at all...I would be a liar if I said I never though of doing that. If I cut them main rim off I will have that extra room to actually start my LST. I may have to dig out the tools and try to see if I can cut them off tomorrow without damaging the plants. Ponytail then cut perhaps.

I say go for it man, especially if you feel the buckets are inhibiting your freedom to train the plants.

Well with the size of the plants, there really is no reason why I shouldn't be able to start training. If I wait before they grow taller the stems may be more mature and harder, more risk of breaking.

Advise taken, this should be a fun project tomorrow lol

Will post photos when done tomorrow evening

Did you cut your buckets before you planted? I can't imaging cutting the tops of these buckets while the plant is growing, the vibrations and anything else that may cause a problem...maybe no problem at all...I would be a liar if I said I never though of doing that. If I cut them main rim off I will have that extra room to actually start my LST. I may have to dig out the tools and try to see if I can cut them off tomorrow without damaging the plants. Ponytail then cut perhaps.
Yea mine was already planted, i just took a real sharp halk bill and cut the top lip off, just had to be careful and not let the knife slip and cut myself or the girls lol.✌

Yea mine was already planted, i just took a real sharp halk bill and cut the top lip off, just had to be careful and not let the knife slip and cut myself or the girls lol...

I just folded mine down with paperclips. The paperclips are also good for securing my twist ties.

I went ahead and cut the tops off the buckets and I already feel a lot better about them now that they can stretch out.

I took them out to cut the tops and got a couple photos to share.

After placing back in the tent I watered both 1.5L with 3/4 of nutrient suggestion and there has been no signs of damage from the initial feeding we gave them a couple days ago.

The pots were very light and the soil was dry. She sucked up that last 1L notime, so this may get her to 3-5 days with the extra 1/2 liter

20170524_181313.jpg

20170524_181339.jpg

Also tied the plants with some LST tonight seeing I had the time

Here is a before and after of Cheese

20170524_214207.jpg

20170524_223044.jpg

20170524_181425.jpg

Cheers!:Rasta:

I went ahead and cut the tops off the buckets and I already feel a lot better about them now that they can stretch out.

I took them out to cut the tops and got a couple photos to share.

After placing back in the tent I watered both 1.5L with 3/4 of nutrient suggestion and there has been no signs of damage from the initial feeding we gave them a couple days ago.

The pots were very light and the soil was dry. She sucked up that last 1L notime, so this may get her to 3-5 days with the extra 1/2 liter

20170524_181313.jpg

20170524_181339.jpg

Also tied the plants with some LST tonight seeing I had the time

Here is a before and after of Cheese

20170524_214207.jpg

20170524_223044.jpg

20170524_181425.jpg

Cheers!:Rasta:
Looking good, great job on the LST.✌

So it has been 2 days since the LST training and the girls seem to be growing up to the lights again. I will be doing more today, there is more growth and I want to get that light in there.

This is a shot from this morning showing how fast the Cheese plant filled that empty space back up. This one is growing super fast and will probably be much taller than King Tut when finished.

20170526_085522.jpg

King Tut is coming right along as well as you can see in the above image (right of frame)

This morning when I opened the tent King Tut has started to show off, no action from Cheese other than a smell of skunk/cheese mixed together, but the King has shown me some more details of herself

20170526_090739.jpg

20170526_085834.jpg

20170526_090040.jpg

20170526_090752.jpg

Just home from work...so time to smoke one and go to bed!

:tokin:

So it has been 2 days since the LST training and the girls seem to be growing up to the lights again. I will be doing more today, there is more growth and I want to get that light in there.

This is a shot from this morning showing how fast the Cheese plant filled that empty space back up. This one is growing super fast and will probably be much taller than King Tut when finished.

20170526_085522.jpg

King Tut is coming right along as well as you can see in the above image (right of frame)

This morning when I opened the tent King Tut has started to show off, no action from Cheese other than a smell of skunk/cheese mixed together, but the King has shown me some more details of herself

20170526_090739.jpg

20170526_085834.jpg

20170526_090040.jpg

20170526_090752.jpg

Just home from work...so time to smoke one and go to bed!

Nice job on the lst, looking good.. . .

Thanks Tom,

I gambled and pulled the 2 new stems that grew from topping her when I did LST the 1st day

The 2 new shoots are pretty much tied down vertical at this point and pointing upwards, just gotta fine tune later, I am guessing this is an every day or two thing that needs to be watched :) Glad I never cracked her LOL

Indyracernick,

You've done a great job! Your level of detail is fantastic! I'm all caught up and subbed.

I'm currently on day 14 from seed. Check out my journal if you get a sec. I tried to put it in my sig but I can't figure it out! #oldguy

✌️

Thanks for the love GivenToFly,

Welcome along to my 1st grow, hope you stick it out for the ride to the end, so far its been a lot of fun and I have learned so much, feel free to shout out here anytime. I see your grow in your signature and will be sure to check that out..

Smoke em if ya got em!

:passitleft:

Howdy everyone, hope your all doing well!

Today is day 38 and half pay through another week. I been recording my feedings and environment statistics and will continue until the end.

I have noticed the plant is really drinking a lot more and my feedings are spread out to every 2 - 5 days.

Feeding_Schedule2.png

I tied the plants down a little further today and pulled a couple stems to the side to fill the empty spaces and allow more light penetration through the bush.

They are starting to accelerate, I am sure this is still veg stage and flowering may happen in the next month perhaps lol No idea, but when it does it will be exciting to watch.

Here are 2 shots of the plants LST height as of today

20170531_001151.jpg

20170531_001136.jpg

Starting to really fill out, not sure when this "stretch" kicks in but I am gonna end up filling that tent space with these 2. Soon as I can remove the humidifier I will. I tested today and without it I am getting a humidity reading of low 28% to high 32%

Here is a view from the top

20170531_001228.jpg

20170531_001218.jpg

20170531_001518.jpg

Gave the girls a drink of 1L per plant today with 4ml/L mixture of Advanced Nutrients

Enjoy your evening & "smoke 'em if ya got 'em"

Howdy everyone, hope your all doing well!

Today is day 38 and half pay through another week. I been recording my feedings and environment statistics and will continue until the end.

I have noticed the plant is really drinking a lot more and my feedings are spread out to every 2 - 5 days.

Feeding_Schedule2.png

I tied the plants down a little further today and pulled a couple stems to the side to fill the empty spaces and allow more light penetration through the bush.

They are starting to accelerate, I am sure this is still veg stage and flowering may happen in the next month perhaps lol No idea, but when it does it will be exciting to watch.

Here are 2 shots of the plants LST height as of today

20170531_001151.jpg

20170531_001136.jpg

Starting to really fill out, not sure when this "stretch" kicks in but I am gonna end up filling that tent space with these 2. Soon as I can remove the humidifier I will. I tested today and without it I am getting a humidity reading of low 28% to high 32%

Here is a view from the top

20170531_001228.jpg

20170531_001218.jpg

20170531_001518.jpg

Gave the girls a drink of 1L per plant today with 4ml/L mixture of Advanced Nutrients

Enjoy your evening & "smoke 'em if ya got 'em"

Looking good IndyRacerNick, how many week strain are they supposed to be, great job on the lst also, gonna have alot of bud sites.✌

Looking good IndyRacerNick, how many week strain are they supposed to be, great job on the lst also, gonna have alot of bud sites.✌

Thanks Tom!

I hope you are right, the more bud sites I can get the better!

As for the weeks the sites say this:

Cheese - Flowering 8 weeks
King Tut - Flowering 65 days

So I have a ways to go yet, still another 8-11 weeks away I am guessing...but who knows

I tied the plants down a little further today and pulled a couple stems to the side to fill the empty spaces and allow more light penetration.

Starting to really fill out, not sure when this "stretch" kicks in but I am gonna end up filling that tent space with these 2.

Keep those tuts pulled down - they'll keep stretching for another 2+ weeks, lower growth would be better if you have the space to pull them out flatter. I think you could have some really nice producers!

Keep those tuts pulled down - they'll keep stretching for another 2+ weeks, lower growth would be better if you have the space to pull them out flatter. I think you could have some really nice producers!

I am going to remove the humidifier today from the tent. I have one plant that seems to be flowering and I dont want to have too much humidity. I have it at about 34% RH without the humidifier so that will free up room for more LST.

I plan on pulling down more, I guess my biggest fear is breaking the branches. The tops are easy to bend, and will focus on that one.

The cheese plant is the one flowering. I will put some photos up here today. I dont want to do any LST if she is flowering, I read when its flowering to leave it alone. I could be wrong but I will post pictures so you can see what I mean.

If I can flatten it more I will, thanks a lot for the advice :)

DAY 45 UPDATE

Today the plants were out of the grow tent for a while. I hope this does not impact them much. I ended up cleaning the tent from any flying particles of soil, but the reason they were taken out was to give them a good LST as suggested.

The stems are hardening up, but the tips is where the action is at. The problem I have with King Tut is that the leaves are so huge. When I tie her down, the leaves cover other areas, so I give light inside and cover up the outside..took a while to get it where light is getting pretty much everywhere.

Along with doing the LST I also gave them a feeding. The soil moisture meter was reading dry almost 6" deep. The plant was giving no real signs of underwatering and still looked healthy and was growing.

Today we are feeding 2L of water to each plant. This is also mixed with AN 3 part system. I added 4ml/L so we fed each plant a total mix of 24ml combined.

Before and after shots of the LST of each plant

CHEESE

Grow_35.jpg

(Before)

Grow_218.jpg

(After)

A view from the top...

Grow_74.jpg

KING TUT

Grow_44.jpg

(Before)

Grow_63.jpg

(After)

A view from the top...

Grow_54.jpg

Flower or Preflower

Been reading about flowering and there appears to be 2 types, preflower and flower. I still cant tell the difference. I took a shot of the cheese plant and maybe one of you can tell me what it's doing? Feel free to chime in on this. Thanks :)

Grow_18.jpg

:passitleft:Great update. Things look good. You've got a nice canopy working on those ladies :high-five:

The flower above might be considered a pre-flower because it's not mature, only a couple weeks into the flowering. They'll just continue to bulk up over the next 6-9 weeks. I'm not aware of a technical difference between the phases of flowering. All I know is yours is looking fine:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom