1st Time Growing - Autoflower Strain - Tutankhamon In Soil - 240W LED

:passitleft:Great update. Things look good. You've got a nice canopy working on those ladies :high-five:

The flower above might be considered a pre-flower because it's not mature, only a couple weeks into the flowering. They'll just continue to bulk up over the next 6-9 weeks. I'm not aware of a technical difference between the phases of flowering. All I know is yours is looking fine:Namaste:
Looking nice, great job on the lst, i love training them, its so much fun to fix them the way you want.✌

Looking fantastic! I love the way you have your data laid out. I have several systems of documenting my grow at this point because I haven't figured out how I want to do it yet! Just trying to take good notes! I'm using your spreadsheet. Steal shamelessly, right?!.. I never measure how much I am watering. Not sure if that's a knucklehead oversight on my part but I shall begin.

Your LST job is awesome! I can't wait till I get to that point!

Keep up the good work! ✌️

Looking fantastic! I love the way you have your data laid out. I have several systems of documenting my grow at this point because I haven't figured out how I want to do it yet! Just trying to take good notes! I'm using your spreadsheet. Steal shamelessly, right?!.. I never measure how much I am watering. Not sure if that's a knucklehead oversight on my part but I shall begin.

Your LST job is awesome! I can't wait till I get to that point!

Keep up the good work! ✌️

Go right ahead and use whatever I have here to help :)

I dont specifically say I am going to feed my plants 2L or what you see on my feeding chart. The numbers are accurate and what you see is what I feed them.

The reason I measure out what I feed them is because of my nutrients that I am providing. I feed 4ml per Liter for each nutrient. So I feed my plants in doses of 1 Liter at a time. I put 1st liter in the plant, let it sit or runoff for a bit, then I add another liter or so until I see some runoff happening. Not a lot of runoff, not even 5% more like 3 or 4%. Soon as I see water I stop.

Now having said that, my waterings have been between 3-4 days. I gave my plants 2L and within 2 days it was dry. I then increased to 3L and will do this until I stop feeding nutrients and are ready to flush her.

My overall goal was to be able to control the feedings. I never wanted to wait a week in between, I wanted to be feeding nutrients at least once or twice a week if possible. Knowing how much she can handle and for how long is what I was aiming for. This will allow me to feed her the nutes and give me an idea of when I can flush my plants so I dont have to give her a watering just before harvest. Everyone has their own ways of doing this, but this has been working for me so why fix what's not broken? :)

So I do have a question for anyone out there actually reading this...regarding watering plants

I have done some reading but my questions don't seem to be found...I will provide new updated photos later tonight but for now I will just go with what I have uploaded from Week 6.

I have my plant LST and they are both growing nicely. The question I have is, is it safe to water the leaves and buds that are visible with nutrient water?

The reason I ask this is because where I have the plants tied down, the soil is not really visible under the canopy where its covered with leaves.

When I have been watering I have been starting at the base of the stem and working out to the rim of the pot. But I find that no matter what I do I end up getting water hitting the leaves and bud sites.

Now, if this were outside I would not care because rain falls it lands on the leaves, stems, bud sites and buds. But where I am adding nutrients is this safe? I am not directing water on the flowering areas but water does come in contact due to its flat canopy when I am watering the edges. The middle is pretty opened up on the plants so that area is easy to get to with water.

I wouldn't be asking but where I am feeding nutrients I am concerned that if any nutrient measured water hitting the hairs or bud sites will cause any damage as the flowering weeks go by?

I dont plan on cutting any fan leaves at all and I want the plant to get full use of everything is has grown, except when they turn yellow and fall off...so you all get where I am coming from with this.

What would you recommend, if anything at all?

Grow_54.jpg

Grow_74.jpg

So I do have a question for anyone out there actually reading this...regarding watering plants

I have done some reading but my questions don't seem to be found...I will provide new updated photos later tonight but for now I will just go with what I have uploaded from Week 6.

I have my plant LST and they are both growing nicely. The question I have is, is it safe to water the leaves and buds that are visible with nutrient water?

The reason I ask this is because where I have the plants tied down, the soil is not really visible under the canopy where its covered with leaves.

When I have been watering I have been starting at the base of the stem and working out to the rim of the pot. But I find that no matter what I do I end up getting water hitting the leaves and bud sites.

Now, if this were outside I would not care because rain falls it lands on the leaves, stems, bud sites and buds. But where I am adding nutrients is this safe? I am not directing water on the flowering areas but water does come in contact due to its flat canopy when I am watering the edges. The middle is pretty opened up on the plants so that area is easy to get to with water.

I wouldn't be asking but where I am feeding nutrients I am concerned that if any nutrient measured water hitting the hairs or bud sites will cause any damage as the flowering weeks go by?

I dont plan on cutting any fan leaves at all and I want the plant to get full use of everything is has grown, except when they turn yellow and fall off...so you all get where I am coming from with this.

What would you recommend, if anything at all?

Grow_54.jpg

Grow_74.jpg
Definitely don't get the nute water on leaves, i got some on a few of mine and it leaves big awful looking spots on them.✌

If you accidentally get nute water on your leafs keep you a spray bottle of water to spray them off.✌

Yeah I have some spots on leaves that look horrid..will be sure to use the spray bottle.

Doing some LST now and will post my weekly update shortly :)

WEEK 8 DAY 51 - KING TUT - WEEK 3 of flowering

So it appears over the last couple weeks I was naming my plants incorrectly. Got my labels mixed up after watering a couple weeks ago...oops...the weed was good that night haha

King Tut is still flowering very nicely. I pulled her out last night to tuck some leaves under her to get light in different areas that were blocked. I also fine tuned the LST a little without causing much stress on her. I will probably leave the LST where she is at over the next week or two once I notice stretching has stopped.

So far so good, not a lot of smell coming off her but its enough to make you smile :)

Canopy-7.jpg

Canopy-4.jpg

Canopy-5.jpg

That last image above was during the LST process, the right side has been flattened out more as well

WEEK 8 DAY 51 - CHEESE

Now this Cheese plant is a damn beast!!! Let me tell you this now, if you grow this strain, make sure you have room because she just explodes!!!

As nice as she is on top, under is pretty horrid, I got some water on a couple leaves that cause a nute burn, not a big deal as the rest of the plant looks amazing. It is either that or where the leaves are on the bottom they have dried up due to no light. It is one or the other...

Now, as much as i love this girl she has me kinda worried.

This is a Auto Fem Cheese from Canuck Seeds. The thing that is worrying me is we are now on WEEK 8 DAY 51 and I see no signs of flowering. I dont even see any signs of sex on her. I thought I seen some pistols, but they just grew to be leaves on the plant and not actually hairs.

What the hell is going on?? Does some autos really take this long to start flowering or even show their sex?

I cant pick it out anywhere on the plant. I will post photos of the girl and maybe someone else can see something I am missing. But I have my eye on her daily as I have to tie her down more and more every day because she is growing like she is on some sort of high end potent jungle juice

Here is the Cheese...again...any help on this would be great. I have the lights set to 20/4 for both plants and no problems. I even lowered the light a little hoping this will help.

Canopy-2.jpg

Canopy-6.jpg

Canopy-3.jpg

Canopy-9.jpg

Canopy-8.jpg

Canopy-11.jpg

Canopy-12.jpg

Canopy-10.jpg

Look how crazy that branch is looking, up and down up and down haha I cannot wait to harvest and trim to see the shape of this plant, and I will be removing the roots so we can see how the root system grew as well for each plant.

If this plant is NOT flowering or anything yet, I will let it veg all the way until my King Tut is ready to harvest then I will switch the lights to 12/12 but for an autoflower plant, or as the label says..Fem Auto Cheese I would expect this to have at least shown some signs by now...just keeps growing leaves and not flowering. Biggest we got so far is 9 fingers on the leaves.

Anyways thats all I have..everything is good, both are growing I just dont have my 2nd plant flowering or showing any signs of sex yet and it is concerning.

And here is a copy of my WEEK 7 feedings and environment statistics I recorded each day
Week_7_Feeding.png

So I went back and took a look at our Cheese plant

So far there i no signs of flower that I see and to give you an idea of how explosive her growth has been I did a before and after shot

Before Shot - June 6, 2017 - Cheese Auto Fem
June_61.jpg

After Shot - June 12, 2017 - Cheese Auto Fem
June_121.jpg

I think it is safe to say she is stretching :)

Well look what we have here...this Cheese Auto Fem seed too 52 days to show her sex. She has pistols showing now, and she still has to flower and go through a stretch phase. I think this one is going to be a very large plant.

What excites me more is that she is so big I am running out of room in my space, by the time King Tut is ready to be harvested (6 weeks or less) I can focus on having just the Cheese plant in the tent all by herself and she can grow as big as she wants.

I am thinking next grow, I am going to do 1 seed, non autoflower and setup a SCROG and veg that girl as long as possible to fill my entire grow tent with buds, it will probably pay off more. This was a test to see if I can actually grow something, which seems to be working, may not be the best looking, but its working :)

Here are the girls pistols visible late into day 51

Canopy-13.jpg

Well look what we have here...this Cheese Auto Fem seed too 52 days to show her sex. She has pistols showing now, and she still has to flower and go through a stretch phase. I think this one is going to be a very large plant.

What excites me more is that she is so big I am running out of room in my space, by the time King Tut is ready to be harvested (6 weeks or less) I can focus on having just the Cheese plant in the tent all by herself and she can grow as big as she wants.

I am thinking next grow, I am going to do 1 seed, non autoflower and setup a SCROG and veg that girl as long as possible to fill my entire grow tent with buds, it will probably pay off more. This was a test to see if I can actually grow something, which seems to be working, may not be the best looking, but its working :)

Here are the girls pistols visible late into day 51

Canopy-13.jpg
Sounds like a good plan on the scog, im going to try scrog in the future, i will probably put 2 or three plants plants in my 4×4 and scrog them till i fill it up and flip, im glad your cheese auto showed its sex for you, i bet that girl will take 120 days or more to finish but she will be a beast i bet, cant wait to see how big she gets for you, great job on everything.✌

Sounds like a good plan on the scog, im going to try scrog in the future, i will probably put 2 or three plants plants in my 4×4 and scrog them till i fill it up and flip, im glad your cheese auto showed its sex for you, i bet that girl will take 120 days or more to finish but she will be a beast i bet, cant wait to see how big she gets for you, great job on everything.✌

Thanks Tom. I hardly have room for 2 plants in my 2.5 x 2.5 setup..cheese has taken over so I may only be lucky enough to do 1 plant on scrog. With topping it will make her even bigger. Just browsing through my seed catalog now to see what photos I wanna do. So far I'm stuck between Chiquita Banana, Gorilla Glue #4 and Girl Scout Cookies

Lots of time left for decisions haha

Thanks Tom. I hardly have room for 2 plants in my 2.5 x 2.5 setup..cheese has taken over so I may only be lucky enough to do 1 plant on scrog. With topping it will make her even bigger. Just browsing through my seed catalog now to see what photos I wanna do. So far I'm stuck between Chiquita Banana, Gorilla Glue #4 and Girl Scout Cookies

Lots of time left for decisions haha
That is a perfect space for a one plant scrog, sounds like you have some good strains to choose from, i am going tio make a order before to long, im going to get hash bomb and bubble bomb from bomb seeds, i am also wanting lsd from Barneys Farm and Seedsmans Jack Herer, i will be keeping a couple mothers from two or three strains for a bit also.✌

Check out the flux method as well. Can be a longer veg period but some impressive results out there:Namaste:

Glad to see that she's finally showing her pistils :high-five:

Thanks golfer...ok Ima go smoke something and sit with the wife and read about flux on my phone...quality family time haha

Never heard of that before, I have no idea what that is so this should be fun

Funny enough my plants look like that now just without all the removal of leaves.

It seems easy but I am not sure about all them leaves being removed...I still have to do more reading on this Fluxing. Seems good and I will want to try this. May do this after a Scrog attempt. I feel more confident in doing scrog than fluxing right now.

Either way I gotta get through my 1st grow first haha If we make it out alive and well, then I will consider a flux

Thanks a lot for that info Golfer, I have that saved and will use that as a reference :)

So I came home from work the that Cheese plant is just growing and growing. To the point she has taken over the grow room. Leaves cover the other plant and even reach I to the pot of the King Tut covering her bud sites that are flowering right now.

She is big and bushy....until later tonight.
She will either like it or hate it but I am going to defoiliate that plant tonight so the only thing visible are bud sites. As for leaves providing energy and food..so do my nutrients.

Where she is 8 weeks old and only now showing her sex and not in flowering stage yet i figured i better do it now before i cant do it at all and take a loss from both plants

So I came home from work the that Cheese plant is just growing and growing. To the point she has taken over the grow room. Leaves cover the other plant and even reach I to the pot of the King Tut covering her bud sites that are flowering right now.

She is big and bushy....until later tonight.
She will either like it or hate it but I am going to defoiliate that plant tonight so the only thing visible are bud sites. As for leaves providing energy and food..so do my nutrients.

Where she is 8 weeks old and only now showing her sex and not in flowering stage yet i figured i better do it now before i cant do it at all and take a loss from both plants
Good choice IndyRacerNick, i done defo on my girls at the start of flowering and then again about two weeks in, they responded great, it didn't seem like it bothered them at all, i didn't go to the extreme like i have seen on some grows but i did open the middle up and unblock all the budsites, after about a week you couldn't hardly tell i done any defo, looks like that cheese plant will turn into a moster, hopefully that means moster buds lol.✌

Back
Top Bottom