2 Up Pots In 3 Weeks: Gorilla Glue Autos

They sell a bag for veg and a bag for flower!
After looking I can see that, But now I'm now sure If I can get it. I'm in Canada. Very expensive choice if I can even get it over boarder. Still looking into it.

Only one step ahead of you InTheShed. Just did... Ebay wants $60 bucks a bag. I've only lived here a couple of years and I think Canada will want Duties tax too. If I could find something with similar here I'd have it made. :nomo: I really appreciate the help.

I swear, you are the best!!!! Thank you so much. You knew just what I needed. I have spent all day trying to make sense of what to do. Growing the herb for dummies.. lol . Exactly what I need is a plug and play. Loved your watering article you wrote. I'm getting some ASAP! Do I do this just for flower?
no, they have a veg and a bloom formula. Get the starter pack of each, the 4 pound bags. They will likely last you through an entire grow.

no, they have a veg and a bloom formula. Get the starter pack of each, the 4 pound bags. They will likely last you through an entire grow.
So expensive to get it here... I'm looking at alternatives that they have in Canada... I got the Idea tho. A dry organic I can top dress with. Currently looking at Gaia green: Power Bloom. 2-8-4

So expensive to get it here... I'm looking at alternatives that they have in Canada... I got the Idea tho. A dry organic I can top dress with. Currently looking at Gaia green: Power Bloom. 2-8-4
pmd You !

Day # 48.
It’s raining , warm and Sunday.
A late morning wake & bake w/ my 2 month cured WW/AK
sets me in the right frame of mind.
The girls are ready for a good deep drink
so we roll them out , but decide to take some photos.
The pots are very light every 2 days now
and being fed every 4 days.
No sign of lockouts , discoloration or pests .
Just a bit of burn on leaf tips.
AE09D00C-2CA1-4018-A4AA-0211495426C4.png
09B52D25-6411-4A19-85CB-C768401CD576.png
449B07C6-C469-410F-9C85-1B9A113A22B2.png
11FD13DA-AEF6-459B-8A04-8DD739E0A540.png
B03FD2E9-5412-4DE5-9D2E-1F0B445882D7.png
C00205C1-CDBA-4635-80A4-31E05D976567.png
ADA5B68D-2E10-4B46-BA2B-E7AB83A0422A.png
210B251A-A3EB-4E6D-8CBC-D9C78C8E507D.png
0D7A0CAA-2670-4162-9701-093E8B6EEE08.png

Some of the healthiest plants I have grown.
Certainly not monsters , but beautiful buds forming everywhere possible.
Over the last week , I have slowly defoliated most of the low stuff and select foliage .
They are still growing vertically, but have slowed down.
Most of the energy appears to be going toward bud growth :passitleft:

I'm in. I want to learn more about Autos.
Just so you know , I did some things that are no no’s for Auto’s during this grow.
Most folks do not uppot. I did twice. They have each been in 3 different pots.
Most people minimize stress by not doing a lot of training.
I did a bunch of training on 2 of these.
I also did not do a lot of defoliation .
Look at different auto journals . Lots of good info out there.

so what are your summarized conclusions on uppotting and training now that you have seen the results? What would you do and not do again?
I will wait till harvest to finalize conclusions .
It appears right now the different training methods affected the plants much more than
up potting. The smallest and least developed plant was quad lined.
The tallest plant was only topped.
The middle plant had LST and it has the largest colas
I have made notes twice a day along with photos so
I have good records.
One thing I should have done , was plant one seed directly into a 5 gal pot as a control.
I have a few more GG seeds so my next grow will include this , along with the training method
that produces the best quality and yield .
I am not sure if I should have defoliated more before flower started ?
I did a little initially and more as the stretch ended .
There is a fine line between pruning and butchering and I think I will lean toward keeping leafs.

Plants are looking good Sr, and it's always good to be able learn something from each grow! Of course, it's tough to make generalizations when your subjects are autoflowers rather than clones.
Thanks ShEd , That is probably a valid point , as there are so many variables.
Although there are many generalizations already out there about auto’s .
During my research , I have noticed some of the largest monster auto’s , in this forum , were up potted , trained ( to some degree ) and or slightly defoliated. Which all go against the common warnings about auto’s.
At this point , I think a growers expertise is what matters . Besides genetics of course.
But , even that might be a generalization. :peace:
Maybe , a plant is a plant is a plant ?

Not sure if I have any growers expertise or not, but I have gotten everything from less than an ounce to 6.4 ounces from an auto. I'd say genetics and environment are major factors in the success of autos.

I have no idea what a plant is a plant is a plant even means! All plants are the same?
You certainly give a bunch of great advice here so I don’t think your level of expertise comes into question. You have helped me and countless others many times. Thank you.
Your results w/ auto’s appear to be in line with a lot of other people here.
Although some growers show much larger yields. Some folks have no success w/ auto’s what so ever.
The very same things can be said about photo period plants .
Right ? Some folks grow big and some folks , not.
I guess it is mostly accepted auto’s usually get smaller yields than photos but about on average , 4 / 6 weeks sooner to harvest .
Unlike you and many growers here , this is my first attempt with auto’s. My third grow inside w/ 2 outside grows.
I treated these 3 auto’s just like the 6 photo period plants from the last inside grow.
From germinating seeds till now.
Including multiple up potting and training. The veg period lasted about 35 days vs 60 days so that aspect is different.
So , in short , regarding this grow , I don’t see any difference , except veg time , which correlates to growth .
Taking that into account , The results , thus far , are very comparable.
Without making generalizations , a plant is a plant.
Maybe similar plants are similar :idea:

Although some growers show much larger yields. Some folks have no success w/ auto’s what so ever.
The very same things can be said about photo period plants .
Not taking anything away from your grow or your plants...but just because the same things can be said about photoperiod plants, they can't be said for the same reasons. Anyone with the time and either the expertise or good advice can have success with photoperiod plants. The same cannot be said for autos because of their internal clock.

Back
Top Bottom