The 2nd Incarnation Of Big Mama

Robert Celt

Hello :420: friends, those I know and those I have yet to meet :)

Pull up a chair, sit back and I'll tell the story of Big Mamma for those who don't know. Its a self serve bar, Capt'n Morgan on tap, if that's not to your liking, ask the bar is well stocked. Also, for your smoking pleasure, we have 4 Bomb strains, help yourself, I doubt we'll run out ;)

Big Mamma was a THC Bomb grown outside on my 1st ever grow that concerned me as she was growing over an inch a day during June and July. For a plant that was supposed to top out at 5-6 feet, she was over by mid June and having no prior experience, I was worried she would be a 10-12 foot monster, hence the name :) As it turned out, she topped out just under 7 feet so all was good :)

Sometime in late July, one of the mischievous garden gnomes (one of 5 large PitBulls) broke one of her lower limbs, so rather than chalk it up as a loss, I took cuttings. The cuttings, 5 of which survived, were rooted in 3" coco pots and more or less forgotten about sitting outside.

Along about mid Sept the now 6" clones ,who had started to flower, were brought inside, put into 1 gallon pots and put under 24 hr light to re-veg.

Now that you know the story behind Big Mamma and her cousin, time to get into the details of this grow. For those of you that know me from my previous grow, you know that I fly by the seat of my pants and all plans are subject to change LOL

Of the 5 clones, 4 will be out into flower shortly and one will become a mother plant for future breeding plans ;) Along with the Big Mamma there is a clone from an 8 foot Cluster Bomb that suffered a similar fate with Gnomes to that of Big Mamma. That clone will also become a mother plant for breeding as well.

Details:

Soil => recycled organic soil from the last grow, re-amended similar to the last grow with the addition of diatomaceous earth for silica, some Epsom salts, coffee grounds and worm castings.

Pots => 4 and 6 gallon DIY fabric pots

Light => Mars II 900 from Mars Hydro

There will be more to come as I build a 2nd grow room and decide what all I intend to do LOL

No pictures of the girls yet but will be soon ;)

Until then and dedicated to oldergrower, this ones for you mate ;) Worlds largest joints on their way to a Willy Nelson concert :lot-o-toke:

rolled_sod_lol.jpg

First one here Mtn Dew, glad you joined and I hadn't even mentioned it yet LOL

Lots planned for this grow, flowering of the 4 is just the high light. We'll be doing some back cross breeding for seed production and experimenting with a DIY fogger cloner as well :)

OK, I was terrible keeping up last journal. Let me try to redeem myself with this one. :battingeyelashes: :popcorn:

Hey TheCelt am here to watch that Big Mamma and her offspring. Love the part where you mention that we're not likely to run out of smoke, after your last harvest you should be set for years lol. All the best and good luck with the grow :thumb:

OK friends, first pics of this grow

Here is the 1st Big Mamma clone that will go into flower. After having to started to flower before being brought in and re-vegged, she is extremely bushy

IMG_20151031_152426.jpg

Here is a close up of her. My original intent had been to use this one as a mother but even though she has been under 14.5 hours light per day for the last month, she is wanting to flower anyway.

IMG_20151031_152509.jpg

After a little bondage session, she's back under the M2 900. She will continue under the 14.5 hr lights for a few days, have another session with the dungeon keeper and then straight to 12/12 lights :)

IMG_20151031_190519.jpg

Back
Top Bottom