420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: April 2020

420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: April 2020

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've grown 3 of these plants and I love this strain. None of mine turned purple though. I still have a few seeds left though
I must've gotten lucky then. This one was a freebie I received with an order some time ago. It started going purple very early on and was the star of that grow. Truth be told I actually messed this one up big time and am just about to run it again as I've kept it as a mother. I'm hoping to cross it in the future as I'd like to have a go at creating my own seeds. Now I just need some pollen.
Good luck with the rest of those beans
:passitleft:

I think there is inconsistency on this genetic. I liked the taste and smell very much but it wasn't getting me that high.
Yeah the smell and taste is amazing. I get a pretty good high from it mostly a body high. I’ve smoked the flower, pressed rosin, made vape juice and also edibles from the trim. It's all been pretty good for me. I've got more seeds so maybe I'll get a purple one eventually. I do have a Blue Dream that is purple growing right now and I wasn't expecting that. Gotta love this plant!

Yeah the smell and taste is amazing. I get a pretty good high from it mostly a body high. I’ve smoked the flower, pressed rosin, made vape juice and also edibles from the trim. It's all been pretty good for me. I've got more seeds so maybe I'll get a purple one eventually. I do have a Blue Dream that is purple growing right now and I wasn't expecting that. Gotta love this plant!

Good to hear that. Mine was purple and looked like this;

Not every seed has to be problematic but I observed inconsistency in some other strains too and trying to stay away from these genetics. We put lots of effort and we are after best possible buds. The most problematic strain I came across is Tangerine Dream or Tangie related stuff. These lineage always smells amazing but sometimes doesn't produce a satisfying high or have problems in flowering. I had some proper ones too but the ratio for me is not acceptable.

Peace :passitleft:

Good to hear that. Mine was purple and looked like this;

Not every seed has to be problematic but I observed inconsistency in some other strains too and trying to stay away from these genetics. We put lots of effort and we are after best possible buds. The most problematic strain I came across is Tangerine Dream or Tangie related stuff. These lineage always smells amazing but sometimes doesn't produce a satisfying high or have problems in flowering. I had some proper ones too but the ratio for me is not acceptable.

Peace :passitleft:
Understood and I agree. Out of two seeds I planted one of the plants was weird. The other one was good. I took a clone from the good one and that one is on the 5th day of drying right now. I’ve got an extra tent so I may just grow one out at a time in there just to not waste the seeds. I’ve got 10 more seeds. Did it seem to you that this strain vegged super slow? It did for me and it through my whole schedule off. There’s pictures of mine in the journal in my signature if you want to check it out.

Understood and I agree. Out of two seeds I planted one of the plants was weird. The other one was good. I took a clone from the good one and that one is on the 5th day of drying right now. I’ve got an extra tent so I may just grow one out at a time in there just to not waste the seeds. I’ve got 10 more seeds. Did it seem to you that this strain vegged super slow? It did for me and it through my whole schedule off. There’s pictures of mine in the journal in my signature if you want to check it out.

There's been a misunderstanding. I was talking about the Ayahuasca Purple not the Fat Purple :rofl: Still, it is possible that there can be a problem with the genetics but I can't decide if thats a fact for Fat Purple.

Slow vegging is not a complete dealbreaker imho. Some genetics are slow while others thrive like crazy. If a plant provides accordingly good yield and high quality product in the end, I don't mind the extra veg. time. Sativas usually veg. faster because they are taller plants but they took longer to bloom.

This problem can be overcome to some extent by choosing the right training method for both indica and sativa plants. You can visit my training journal if you want to give it a try. I am an indica lover and usually trying to get my hands on great indica genetics eventhough most of them can't veg. as fast as sativa dominant strains do. I don't like long vegging but I have to grow big indoor plants and I came up with this method which gets me the best result when dealing with such conditions.

There's been a misunderstanding. I was talking about the Ayahuasca Purple not the Fat Purple :rofl: Still, it is possible that there can be a problem with the genetics but I can't decide if thats a fact for Fat Purple.

Slow vegging is not a complete dealbreaker imho. Some genetics are slow while others thrive like crazy. If a plant provides accordingly good yield and high quality product in the end, I don't mind the extra veg. time. Sativas usually veg. faster because they are taller plants but they took longer to bloom.

This problem can be overcome to some extent by choosing the right training method for both indica and sativa plants. You can visit my training journal if you want to give it a try. I am an indica lover and usually trying to get my hands on great indica genetics eventhough most of them can't veg. as fast as sativa dominant strains do. I don't like long vegging but I have to grow big indoor plants and I came up with this method which gets me the best result when dealing with such conditions.
Gotcha. I wasn’t bothered by the veg time but I was bothered by not being prepared for it. I ran out of bud before the Fat Purple was ready because I didn’t expect them to veg so slowly. Now that I know that I will be prepared next time. I like the effects, taste, and smell so I’ll just grow this in my 3x3 by itself and do my other grows in my other tent.

I think there is inconsistency on this genetic. I liked the taste and smell very much but it wasn't getting me that high.
The problem with seeds... you never know what you're gonna get

Tropicana Cookies MTN cut. It's Purple and smells and tastes like spiced oranges. Good luck everybody.
It isn’t going to win, but I had to post this to say that those just look so delicious. Some of the most appealing ready to smoke nugs I have seen in a photo! Beautiful :yummy: :rollit: :bravo:

TC...will check out your training approach...new grower soaking in knowledge here where I can find it. My 2nd grow Corleone Kush Indica will be 4 weeks from 12/12 flip tomorrow after 6 weeks veg. I wanted to push the limits canopy and height in my cabinet space to max yield...think I balanced pretty well. I loved my first grow and this one has me so impressed...weekly journal update tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom