420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen

Hey Folks,

today is day 18 and everything is coming along great. I gave them 500ppm or week 2 nutrients. They seem happy now that their pots have dried out slightly. The small runt plant is still trying to sort itself out. I would just scrap it, but it’s leaves have a very interesting smell.. so maybe it’s worth keeping to see if it comes out of its funk. I think the variegated plant is putting out a leaf set that’s going to be normal colored finally. Besides that, pretty uneventful.

thanks for checking it out
:blunt:

Pretty uneventful is a wonderful thing!
Indeed it is my friend. it's about time these plants get a topping actually.. well the big two anyhow.

I did not specify which, I’ll leave it up to your discretion. (Though both are encouraged ;) )
I get cookies for free from work, so i'll stick to baking myself :D

Well, I kind of spoke too soon about uneventful and now am facing the consequences of a bonehead move. I fed them a second time with the week 2 nutrients and they hated it. I’ve since mixed up week 4 nutrients and they’re doing much better. They look rough but they’re coming around. The two big ones have also been topped on the same day the photos were taken.

I’m not sure if I’m going to keep the runt. It depends on how she responds to having some of her nodes removed. If she gets more vigorous she’ll make the cut.

I’ve been reluctant with the update cause they look so bad. My apologies.
:lot-o-toke:

I’ve been reluctant with the update cause they look so bad. My apologies.
Yeah, I definitely get that. I'm glad you shared though. It will help people learn and also showcase how resilient the genetics are. I'm looking forward to watching them come out of this.

@ChefDGreen those lower leaves look like the plants stripped everything out they could! With the increased feed they should start to pop again when those node grow out, another week and they will look like totally different plants I think.

Yeah, I definitely get that. I'm glad you shared though. It will help people learn and also showcase how resilient the genetics are. I'm looking forward to watching them come out of this.
They’re definitely coming out of it - no question. It’s been a couple of days since I gave them the right nutrients and they’ve put out some decent growth already on the new leaders.
@ChefDGreen those lower leaves look like the plants stripped everything out they could! With the increased feed they should start to pop again when those node grow out, another week and they will look like totally different plants I think.
I would have to agree with you. I can tell they’re happy, albeit battle-scarred, cause of the leaf lift. I think they probably need to be transplanted as well. They’ll each be going into a 6 gallon rectangular grow bag, and I plan to bury them deep.

Nice recovery! Lesson #8: never say "uneventful"!

If I can post my feh plants, you can post yours!
Yeah that geoflora feels tricky to use. I will say, though, that my flower plants have just been getting better and better since I’ve just been staying the course with geoflora bloom.

I added Dynomyco and it comes with dolomite & oyster shell limes, but the possible thought was I added too much perlite in my attempt to provide better drainage (I went 50/50). But the GF plant is doing much better than the nute-fed plants which show slower water uptake, slow growth, weak root growth.

I pulled one and knocked off all the old soil/perlite and put it back in a 75/25 soil/perlite mix, and didn't water it for three days until today. So now I have one in 50/50 with GF, one in 50/50 with nutes, and one in 75/25 with nutes.

We'll see!

I added Dynomyco and it comes with dolomite & oyster shell limes, but the possible thought was I added too much perlite in my attempt to provide better drainage (I went 50/50). But the GF plant is doing much better than the nute-fed plants which show slower water uptake, slow growth, weak root growth.

I pulled one and knocked off all the old soil/perlite and put it back in a 75/25 soil/perlite mix, and didn't water it for three days until today. So now I have one in 50/50 with GF, one in 50/50 with nutes, and one in 75/25 with nutes.

We'll see!
That’s interesting,
You’d think too much perlite would result in rapidly expanding roots that need constant transplanting, more like you’d see in a hempy situation.

Day 28 update

we’ve got some things happening. I’m glad to report my Girl Scout cookies are turning around and making a full recovery after a proper soak of regular strength nutrients. I’m hoping the variegated plant grows out of it a bit more and starts to grow nice foliage. I transplanted the nice girl into her final home and I gave her some mycos powder to help her find her feet.

the auto on the right is in a 3 gallon pot for comparison. I’m going to try and grow as many tops on these GSCs as I can.

I’m not sure if it’s clear from the photos, but I topped below the 4th node and cleared off 1 and 2. I’ll be taking the two tops outwards away from each other as low as I can. Hopefully she’ll turn out bushy. I’m going to do the same thing to the variegated/recovering one.

im happy to report that everything is back on track. Plants are happy and starting to thrive and now it’ll be a question of how big can I get them in such a small space. Thanks for checking it out

oh, and I culled the other plant. I topped it and removed all the extra nodes and it hasn’t don’t shit. So that’s all she wrote.

Okay, day 34!

Plants are finally looking nice, so I'm happy. 'bout ready to stick the other in her own big rectangle pot. I had kept her in her solo cup for a bit longer cause I was considering taking her and sticking her in the ground outside. Long story short, I decided against it. Both of these manifolds are coming along pretty good. I must say I'm surprised at the power of this @Atreum Lighting panel. The HYDRA-1000 is driving this plants very hard, while having zero hot spots to be concerned with. It's extraordinary to see everything simply thriving. The big one is even starting to take a decent shape!

Im expecting I'll probably go another 20-30 days in veg. Im gonna fill this tent in with bush and we're a ways off of that.

Back
Top Bottom