420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258

Moto258, Looking great, extra veg time will pay off. Trying to learn…is that a Mag deficiency on the leaf you are holding? Cheers
I'm thinking so it could also be throwing off deficiencys due to more intense light added in for the remaining time I plan to veg before introducing to flower. I turned dimmer down to 60% but I think they still sucked up more then they could chew during feeding time getting used to the light and all. Could be wrong that's just my bro Science telling me so haha thanks my friend stay green!

Update! Since I believe the left gal is having a dilemma in nutrient uptake I'm falling towards a magnesium deficiency. Was holding off on my full opinion until I figured out if it was calcium due to the roots not filling up the pots on the left gal but since the left gals root ball did not completely take to the soil as the right gals did I'm thinking the more intense led I put in could have changed up what was on the nutrients menu during the first morning with lights on using the flower light I'll be growing with. Both plants got hit with the issue but due to the left one not filling the pot before I changed out the light the right gal only had a couple leaves showing the signs comparison to the left one having quite a few leaves that progressed over night into mag signs. If anyone else has an opinion I'd love to hear that's all I've come up with so far. To fix the issue since it's not calcium I've been brewing microbial tea but instead of adding the calcium magnesium iron to the soil feed I'll go ahead and foiliar spray it in with a low ppm feed tonight before lights go off for the night and feed the tea early before lights on thats been on the brew for a little bit now but pushing it to 24 hrs mark to try and bring in some more fixers to the issues before I start freaking.
Other then them fine dandy details I have great news for @Weed Seeds Express check out your beauty's that are in the make! I've now taken 6 cuttings from mom that will produce quite the stauks for a show! I should have plenty of @GeoFlora Nutrients to grow the four I plan to grow but the one I plan to grow into the monster I promised 420 and Geoflora will be the one that takes my journal into maybe next year lmao! Ill do my best yall but this guys schedule is starting to fall off the wall. But till then enjoy the good and the bad of the pics. I blame myself weed seeds express I can bring a twig back from the dead so I promise my indoor failure might have caused my garden dilemma! I'm rambling dang thors impression is starting to show in my long story tale of an update! Enjoy the pics! (Hint first set of pics are of the branch and leaf defol I did this morning, and others are of the new beginning of new life pics of girl scout clones off mom bonsai)

20210625_124757.jpg

20210625_124735.jpg

20210625_124710.jpg

20210624_133158.jpg

20210625_124922.jpg

20210625_124910.jpg

Well plucked 3 leaves that were causing the delay into flower on the left gal! I think and cross the fingers I've solved that issue before it got to overwhelming. Still look at the growth difference!! All in all I'm sure once the two are looking like queens they deserve to be they will still fill this 4x4 tent enough to get a taste of what girl scout cookies taste like now a days since the plain blue box girl scout cookies are still the only ones out of them all Ill eat and even with them I have to drown them in milk.! I'm looking forward to the tent with the gsc clones off mother bonsai due to the terp aromas that come off her are amazing and by the root system she had will produce great medicine. In the end I'm sure this grow will change my aspect on enjoying girl scout cookies once again! Cheers stay green 420 fam!

20210626_122907.jpg

20210626_122846.jpg

20210626_122840.jpg

The growth difference looks like mine.
I ended up tossing another trellis up this morning to try and keep the canopy level with slow poke on the left! They both seem to be happy now! I also was having some dry issues in the tent but I had the dehu on full blast to finish my cure from last harvest in the main den so it's been hard to keep environment at bay for healthy growth. Plus I've been absent a lot lately so the co2 levels have been off a lot haha. Looks like a three trellis grow but I'll end up cleaning up the bottom trellis layer of debre for better air flow before I move on to flower mode. I've also noticed growing in these fabric bags its a HUGE switch from plastic pots! I need to invest in a nice humidifier soon my hand me downs are done for and not worth the electricity anymore! Lol instead when humidity runs lower than 35 I've been attacking with a dang spray bottle! But over all they look to be back on track for now anyways.. stay green Bret!

20210627_171721.jpg

20210627_171717.jpg

20210627_120618.jpg

20210627_120605.jpg

Day 70! RIP to my no more lucky power hitter! Had to leave condolences she was a purty one she was! had a custom glass filter that kept me on my toes to make sure I cleaned daily to have a clean water pipe!
On the good note shorty on the left is starting to catch up now so flower looks to be going on in the next few days! Finally the show shall begin!

Also wanted to note I was a nucklehead that I am known to be and didn't load the soil with more soil activator @GeoFlora Nutrients sent my way!! I blame myself because I got all crazy in my spring clean that I dropped one of the packets they had sent me behind the work bench! Gosh Where's the emojis when ya need one ;)!
So I guess the dry issues I've been receiving is kinda a lot of things going on in here! I'm going to be adding some of this soil activator in with the next watering for the next couple weeks to see if my grow bags will give me some ease when it comes to soaking up the nutes and drying out so quickly! I also threw the auto drip system out of the soil because I needed to water them automatically for a few days while they were getting used to the new soil home. I'll be putting the drip back in a couple days after I've built up more microbiology in the soil. Also adapting the gals to the environment after a crazy increase into higher temps so they look a little sad for now but should kick back into race mode once they realize theirs nothing to stress about!

20210628_123728.jpg

20210628_123515.jpg

20210628_114430.jpg

16249031907798478917910863540374.jpg

Clone update for @Weed Seeds Express !
Today is first day in soil for 5 gals 1 straggler waiting patiently in the dome all alone still with her rooted mind in the right place!
Thanks again @420 for the contest for me to win this shiny toy I now get to play with in the garden! @NextLight your lights running strong since it arrived at my door step! I'm going to hang the light 34inchs from tops of the clones for first few days to get them used to having light intensity compared to being in the dome. After first feeding with runoff I'll adjust light for praying leaves. Other than that not bad for an early fire work show for some root action I say! Once again great genetics weeds seeds express! They had roots to touch the soil in 7-8 days not to shaby! Pics take over from here stay green 420 fam!

20210702_095821.jpg

20210702_095236.jpg

20210702_093648.jpg

20210701_093739.jpg

20210701_093629.jpg

Those roots look amazing! I have a few clones rooting right now. I must admit though that I have not checked on them in a couple days. I have them in a lower shelf in my greenhouse and not inside. I think I better check them tomorrow...

Those roots look amazing! I have a few clones rooting right now. I must admit though that I have not checked on them in a couple days. I have them in a lower shelf in my greenhouse and not inside. I think I better check them tomorrow...
Thanks BakedARea they seemed to throw out some white clean roots pretty quickly! If your in the area like I am currently I bet your clones should be rooting just fine! It's been quite humid outside lately and with the rain and all it's perfect to be cloning outside. I actually forgot to open up my two vent holes on the clone dome one time leaving them outside to root for a couple days to return to brown mr Hankes(South Park figure) dangling like turds..lol

Veg day 81. Update the shock these two gals were getting is now over I think! A little bit of over watering along with the timer feeding at mid day took the cookies into longer veg. I decided to spend some time in the garden yesterday to find the watering issues. I have them set now to feed early morning 30 min before lights on. Once the red stems go back green and have praying leaves flower mode begins. On that note clones from mother bonsai are pearly white as expected. Reasons I kept her for the main show case for 420 and weed seeds express. Clones are bringing in that distinct terp I noticed early in veg before choosing her from the 6 I planted. Clones were put into soil july 2nd. Rooted 6 great ones but keeping 4 for the show. Transplanted into 15 cups of fox farm ocean soil on July 8th. Sprayed the bottom half of soil on the 4 containers before placing the clones into them. Filled the rest with pre-charged soil.
2 1/2 tsp @GeoFlora Nutrients was added to the soil along with 11 grams soil activator. Pics take over from here!

20210709_110852.jpg

20210709_110836.jpg

20210709_110826.jpg

20210709_110738.jpg

20210708_094328.jpg

20210708_091251.jpg

20210708_091006.jpg

20210706_180013.jpg

20210706_175357.jpg

20210709_110922.jpg

Well I have some good and then the good news. Mind you nothings bad news when ya growing marry Jane now!!! So ill start off by saying I should have spent much more attention to the garden needs for the two gals here I've been displaying here. My fault so today instead of my normal cruise for the mind on the road with two tires I decided to doctor these two up and change up the plans a bit here in the garden. Hope no one gets upset with me now I did have other plans set but ahh life happens.
I put the one gal that looked to be coming back from the shock a little quicker after all the issues I caused to the two and stand alone to fight to the end once ready to flower. But on the greater side of the good news the clones should be ready to go into finals already here in the next couple days. The pics with my nasty hands in them are just me training and getting hands on to strengthen them up even tho they are going to be beasts of nature regardless if I decide to play a part in their training! I wanted to also note in I'm bug free other than the occasional gnat so if you zoom in on some of them clone pics and see some specs Well I promise ya they ain't bugs!!! Thanks @Sierra Natural Science ! Pics take over from here. If anyone has any questions on how I do things just ask be glad to point ya right! (Hint gsc next to @GeoFlora Nutrients is the gal going to the nursing tent to heal up.)

20210718_143144.jpg

20210718_143009.jpg

20210718_142037.jpg

20210718_142108.jpg

20210718_113923.jpg

20210718_113930.jpg

20210718_142837.jpg

20210718_142826.jpg

Mother update!
Cleaned up her roots a bit taken out of the plastic pot shes been in since she's a keeper!
Alls I did was let the soil dry up a bit plopped her from her home and into a bowl of water filled with the normal feeding water that's been givin to these girl scout cookies since day one. Lastly put into her final home putting smaller creek rock down first to put on the very bottom and then soiled in a little dirt before setting her into her spot for the lot! She was ready to put up for a while to heal since I don't plan on flowering anything at the moment till the 4x4 tent girl scout cookie resident is ready to let me know she's ready to bloom! Stay green 420 fam I'll let the pics take over from here! (Hint I did the work outside since it was a nice day but she's now back in her veg home inside to reside for a long while! ) ohhh yeah @GeoFlora Nutrients was added as a top dress with 1 tbsp of the veg nutes!

20210719_160432.jpg

20210719_155838.jpg

20210719_155056.jpg

20210719_155041.jpg

Update on 4x4 tent gal day 92 in veg!
She's looking green 420 followers! Or at least on her way back to green! I ended up putting 3 inches of soil on top to make sure she's not just full of too many roots to continue! But so far we will be a little behind on this gal for sure! But on that good note these 4 clones I have growing on will definitely be on time for a great show to come! The roots definitely show signs of needing another home here in the next day or two! Or hopefully they can hold off till the weekend..
@NextLight has been keeping little gals off mom happy and praying at 17 inches from the tops. I will be going back to the ol 5 gallon bucket route since I think that's where my gals might shine a little better once I'm ready to up-pot. Till then enjoy the pics!

20210720_125737.jpg

20210720_125707.jpg

20210720_124626.jpg

How long are you planning on keeping them in veg? 92 days seems really long to me.

How long are you planning on keeping them in veg? 92 days seems really long to me.
Well I didn't want to start the bloom phase until they were healthy, but I might just start the flip in a couple days if they decide to bounce back. If they don't well I tried haha I'll just leave the show to continue with the clones I guess! Or I guess I could toss one into a larger pot and try my luck. Whatcha think?

I understand. I was waiting to put them into flower until mine were healthier as well. Have you increased the GeoFlora like I told you here? Aren't they already in 7-gallon pots? What were you thinking about up-potting them to?

Other than some yellowing, they look good to my eyes.

I understand. I was waiting to put them into flower until mine were healthier as well. Have you increased the GeoFlora like I told you here? Aren't they already in 7-gallon pots? What were you thinking about up-potting them to?

Yes ma'am!! I gave them both a shot of Geoflora Veg 1/2 cup, but I'm not seeing much improvements since yesterday. They are in 7 gallons and I believe the fabrics are pruning the roots like they should but this is my first grow using these so I'm hoping I understand the whole process and how they work. From what I've experienced I've grown one indoor run with 5 gallon plastic pots that were revegged and continued to stay in the pots for 3 months before flipping to flower. I learned from that mistake because I ended up with stressed out plants later in flower that threw pollen like no other and was a huge seed of a mess let me tell ya! Well wouldn't it be a sight to see one gal in this big beast!?

16268796050598229947360845446483.jpg

I also wanted to mention thanks for saving my rear end their!!!!! @HashGirl you rock!

Back
Top Bottom