420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora

Hey everyone, welcome to my take on the @Weed Seeds Express Girl Scout Cookie strain which is being featured in the 420Magazine comparative grow. We will be growing the plants in a Martian environment using the lights and tent from 420Mag sponsor @Mars Hydro. So, here is what we will be doing in a little more detail.

I wanted to return to coco growing as it is something I really enjoy when it is working well and what better time to do so. I'm not sure how everyone else will be growing their GSC's yet but I don't think I have seen any in coco. So I will be doing 8 and then bottom feeding them once they become established in their pots.
The plants will only receive a short veg of around 5-6 weeks and will be fed with non sponsor nutrients. I will also be using silicon for this round which is something I don't normally do but wanted to see if it was worth it or not.

Time to look at what we have.

The WSE GSC seeds. Nice and simple packaging that does the job....

I have removed 8 and will save the remainder for another round after these have finished. The seeds look very good....

I'm just going to start them in the coco media and not over complicate things. The only risk doing it this way is over-watering them which is easy to do. I used a mister to wet the top of the pots and have them in a propagator until they emerge....

Now onto the environment....

For this round we will be using the closet style 120cm X 60cm tent. This is a decent tent which falls in the budget range. For the price you get an easy to assemble tent with sturdy zippers and a solid frame. The craftsmanship is clean and overall the tent just looks good. It will definitely do what is required of it and more.
For the lighting we will be using the TSL-2000 which really surprised me when it arrived. It is huge and covers the space really well. The light is also incredibly bright and leaves no corner looking unlit. More often than not when you buy a light for a space you have to tweek and position it to make sure you get the perfect coverage. Not with this beauty. You just hang it and know that the space is covered. Very impressed so far. It is also 300w of true power which should be more than enough to grow some solid plants.

The propagator isn't actually in the tent as it is too expensive to keep that entire tent warm enough for germination but they will be back in there as soon as they start to emerge.

Well, that is all for now. Hopefully it won't be long and we will be up and running as the first seedlings break ground. For now though, happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

I'm planning on following your grow, too, Prof.

Of the 40 growers, I have picked 12 to follow and yours is one of the 12. Lucky guy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking forward to watching your grow Professor! :ciao:
Thanks Boo. I'll do my best to keep things interesting.
I'm planning on following your grow, too, Prof.

Of the 40 growers, I have picked 12 to follow and yours is one of the 12. Lucky guy! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey HG! That reminded me of something one of my old teachers used to say. It was more like "of the 40 pupils, I am most closely watching you!"

Good to have you both aboard.

Hey 420. So, it has been 3 days since the seeds were put into some damp coco in order to germinate and today we have 4 up and looking healthy. They all had seed cases and membranes preventing them from opening properly so there was a little bit of careful manipulation earlier today. All seems good though I am expecting the rest to have a similar issue. The reason is because I didn't plant them quite deep enough as to prevent them getting too wet. Hopefully we will see some more tomorrow. Here was what I could see last night before bed....

And this was what we had this morning....

Grabbing a seat for this one too PF! I'll be doing my best to follow all the journals. We'll see how that goes since it's hard enough just keeping track of my own journals. Haaa haaa. I forget details about my own garden and plants. I definitely won't be able to remember which grower is doing what... oh well! :bong:

Grabbing a seat for this one too PF! I'll be doing my best to follow all the journals. We'll see how that goes since it's hard enough just keeping track of my own journals. Haaa haaa. I forget details about my own garden and plants. I definitely won't be able to remember which grower is doing what... oh well! :bong:

I decided that I was only follow 12/40 grow journals. With nice weather coming, I won't have enough time to keep on top of 40 grow journals in addition to the ones I already follow. :battingeyelashes:

Hey HG! That reminded me of something one of my old teachers used to say. It was more like "of the 40 pupils, I am most closely watching you!"
Howdy @ProfessorFlora I'd like to follow along too if it's okay! I love to watch different grow methods especially when it coincided with me growing the same strain at the same time.

About your quote above. My teacher used to tell me "There are 39 other kids in this class, you I want sitting right up front where I can keep an eye on you" Who Me? :rolleyes:

Apologies for the late reply. I know what you mean. 40 journals will be insane to keep track of lol. Good to have you here, BA.
I decided that I was only follow 12/40 grow journals. With nice weather coming, I won't have enough time to keep on top of 40 grow journals in addition to the ones I already follow. :battingeyelashes:
Have you started yours yet? I'll check it out when you do. Thanks HG
Howdy @ProfessorFlora I'd like to follow along too if it's okay! I love to watch different grow methods especially when it coincided with me growing the same strain at the same time.

About your quote above. My teacher used to tell me "There are 39 other kids in this class, you I want sitting right up front where I can keep an eye on you" Who Me? :rolleyes:
Cheers beez. I've had a little change of plans but we'll still be running coco so we can still see some differences in growth. Welcome to the jungle.

Have you started yours yet? I'll check it out when you do. Thanks HG

Still waiting for seeds, Prof. When they get here, I'm sure you will be notified. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom