• Leachdude - Mystery Plant

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Icemud - University Hill's OG

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Dstruktvbayc - K-Train

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To the person who PM'd me about Budworms. I tried to reply but it says I don't have enough posts here yet to send PM's. So I'll answer your question here.

Yes, we did have a problem with budworms earlier this year on our Harlequin and our Jilly Bean plants. We've been alternating spraying with Safer Caterpillar Killer and Spinosad and that seems to be working really well. I have some Harlequin that is almost ready and we stopped spraying those a couple of weeks ago and so far, no signs of budworms. :)

Nasty little bud bandits!! As my pal Propa Gator would say, Make sure you get their hookas!!

Hi everyone. Quite a few sexy lady's here already....
I'll be entering this month again with the Big Bud plant, but getting worried already it wont live up to most of these. But who cares, with all your help they will soon enough.

I know its only the 7th as well an most will be waiting for that extra weight like me haaahaaa. So the entries only gonna get better I bet.....

LETS GET IT ON!!

Peace everyone and goodluck!!

This month I would like to nominate my Grand Daddy Purple plant. Grown under LED, in soil + Advanced Nutrients.

2011-08-04_8_.JPG

2011-08-04_6_.JPG

Wow JJ that GDP is amazing, I would love a plant like that! Quick question on the plant if you dont mind?
All the buds are of equal size even at the bottom, an there no pan leaves on the plant, did you take them off just before you cut it for the pic or did you take the leaves off in flowering to get light to the bottom bud sites.

I have a plant right now 4 week into flowering an it has a few leaves in the middle and the very middle buds are still quite small, check my gallery if you like. I'm just wondering if you think it better to let the light in by trimming the leaves not really attached to buds, or will it stress the plant too much and not have leaves for photosynthesis.

I know a lot of people say different things and Ive been doing a lot of reading, just want to know what you think because seems like you grow some massive buds throughout the whole plant. Cheers JJ Sexy Lady you got there:welldone:

Wow JJ that GDP is amazing, I would love a plant like that! Quick question on the plant if you dont mind?
All the buds are of equal size even at the bottom, an there no pan leaves on the plant, did you take them off just before you cut it for the pic or did you take the leaves off in flowering to get light to the bottom bud sites.

I have a plant right now 4 week into flowering an it has a few leaves in the middle and the very middle buds are still quite small, check my gallery if you like. I'm just wondering if you think it better to let the light in by trimming the leaves not really attached to buds, or will it stress the plant too much and not have leaves for photosynthesis.

I know a lot of people say different things and Ive been doing a lot of reading, just want to know what you think because seems like you grow some massive buds throughout the whole plant. Cheers JJ Sexy Lady you got there:welldone:

Thanks JellyBeenCone, yeah even some lower buds came out nice. The light was pretty impressive, penetration wise. The pic was right before harvest, I like to remove as many fan leaves as possible by hand before trimming, find it saves me time.

To the person who PM'd me about Budworms. I tried to reply but it says I don't have enough posts here yet to send PM's. So I'll answer your question here.

Yes, we did have a problem with budworms earlier this year on our Harlequin and our Jilly Bean plants. We've been alternating spraying with Safer Caterpillar Killer and Spinosad and that seems to be working really well. I have some Harlequin that is almost ready and we stopped spraying those a couple of weeks ago and so far, no signs of budworms. :)

"raises hand"
That person was me, I hate those dirty buggers... Sounds like we are on the same page with treating them. I tried using damsel moth traps this year, and I caught like 60 moths. I guess not enough... oh well I sprayed all my plants and I am not seeing any atm, so we will see. Thanks for the reply, I love your Canna-trees! unfortunately I have to top mine to stay under 7ft...
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom