420 Tries Again! 4x4 RDWC 600W Switchable HID & 260W Actual LED

They look good ;) When you say half or full strength feeding can you elaborate for me a little
Sure! Each nutrient manufacturer has a feeding chart that recommends how much to feed your plants at various stages of growth. Cannabis is hearty but can be temperamental. I like to limit the variables so I keep my feeding very simple. I don’t feed at all for the first two weeks. What’s in the seed and in my tap water are plenty for them to survive and flourish. I then keep my eye on them and begin feeding at 1/4 strength recommended. I then monitor PH, PPM and general health of the plant to see how they react. If things go well, I up the nutrients to 1/2 strength recommended. I then continue monitoring. If things proceed well, full strength it is! Full strength is also by no means the cap. If the plants want more, they get it. Let me know if this helps at all!

Thanks Budz Explains a lot, I started with 1/4 each and tried to germ in the dwc in a rapid rooter ;) lol learned from that one lol
The reading makes sense then you decide what to do and do it. Then see the things you did not understand.

Thanks Budz Explains a lot, I started with 1/4 each and tried to germ in the dwc in a rapid rooter ;) lol learned from that one lol
The reading makes sense then you decide what to do and do it. Then see the things you did not understand.
Yup! Exactly. This place is amazing for learning. Let me know if you have any more questions at all. I enjoy helping. I always germinate using the paper towel method. Then into soaked rapid rooters tap root down, then into the clay balls and net pot. I’m careful not to let the rooters dry out completely until I see a tap root poking. My net pots are also touching the water. Helps at the start. I have a lot of oxygen pumping so that’s never an issue.

Do you start out with top feed?
Just some water if I see the rapid rooter drying out. Within a few days there's always a taproot somewhere I find. This is where keeping the water at the bottom of the net pot and having a good amount of air in the bucket is an advantage. The air bubbles bursting usually keeps me safe even if I forget to top feed. I do try to keep on top of it until I see a root somewhere dropping into the water. Once I see that root, shes on her own as far as top feeding is concerned. I do everything at the res from that point forward.

Hey , I'm going to follow along if you don't mind
Please do! We’ll see how the show goes :) Should be a good time. Here’s a picture to welcome you lol.

Alrighty, so were 4 weeks in as of yesterday. Things are moving along well. I’m going to switch my feeding up slightly for this one. I’ve been reading about different ways to use the Flora Series from GH. One method I’ve stumbled upon is the “Lucas formula” it actually works perfect for me as I just ran out of that nutrient lol. I’ve read quite a few people tweaking the feeding to 0-5-10ml/gal when using LED so that’s where I’ll start. Check it out and let me know what you think! First full feeding is happening now.

-credit GrowGurus for article.

Hello hello! Happy Thursday. 2 days past 4 weeks on this grow. The one on the right is a few days behind. Both of these seeds came from the same plant. Kinda crazy to see them do their own thing. I put the HID back in. I always want more light for some reason lol. That’s the height it’ll stay at. I also turned it down to 400w from 600wi didn’t even know it did this lol. This helped me with the heat and allowed me to make it work alongside the LEDs. I adjusted my intake/exhaust setup to help out.
Passive intake with a hose leading to right below the HID. I have an intake fan in one of the other holes as well. Cool air gets drawn across the light to the exhaust fan on the right. There’s also the two passive vents open at the bottom. With the tent closed and everything running it’s under slight negative pressure which perfect for me. Stays at 78-80 degrees. Drops to 70 at night. Rh stays just over 40. Seems like I’ve got it dialed in. Well, as dialed in as I care to be at this point lol.

I noticed some slight discoloring in the plant on the right. Some slight brown edges and spots. I’ll keep an eye on it! Hope everyone is well!! Here’s some picture from today after rearranging last night. I have raised the LEDs a bit more to allow the MH light in more and keep things even. Happy growing!!!

Happy Friday!! I work tomorrow but got off a bit early today, so it’s alllllll good! How is everyone? Any plans for the weekend (long weekend in Canada)?

I’ll snap a few pictures after I relax for a bit and have a couple of cold beers! Got the tent open and topped up the humidifiers. It’s so nice to just chill and look at plants blowing in the wind. Happy growing!!

Got a 3 day weekend! Going to catch up on stuff around the house. Tidy up the garden and mix up nutes. My girls are ready first feeding
Yes! 3 day weekend for me too. Well 2.5 lol I work until 2pm tomorrrow. I also have to do things around the house. Perfect time for it. Spend some time in the garden, that sounds good. Should be a nice chill weekend! I can’t find your journal right now. You have one, right?

Hello hello! Happy Thursday. 2 days past 4 weeks on this grow. The one on the right is a few days behind. Both of these seeds came from the same plant. Kinda crazy to see them do their own thing. I put the HID back in. I always want more light for some reason lol. That’s the height it’ll stay at. I also turned it down to 400w from 600wi didn’t even know it did this lol. This helped me with the heat and allowed me to make it work alongside the LEDs. I adjusted my intake/exhaust setup to help out.
Passive intake with a hose leading to right below the HID. I have an intake fan in one of the other holes as well. Cool air gets drawn across the light to the exhaust fan on the right. There’s also the two passive vents open at the bottom. With the tent closed and everything running it’s under slight negative pressure which perfect for me. Stays at 78-80 degrees. Drops to 70 at night. Rh stays just over 40. Seems like I’ve got it dialed in. Well, as dialed in as I care to be at this point lol.

I noticed some slight discoloring in the plant on the right. Some slight brown edges and spots. I’ll keep an eye on it! Hope everyone is well!! Here’s some picture from today after rearranging last night. I have raised the LEDs a bit more to allow the MH light in more and keep things even. Happy growing!!!

I love the set up. i really want to try the rdwc. after i master coco i think i'll give it a go. but was pretty grossed out by the slime in my bubblers today when i changed the water lmao...

I'm really curious about the lucas formula. i've read a lot of good things about it but also some things that keep me from wanting to do it. I love the GH line up, just trying to figure out what's actually useful, and what not might be worth it.

The plants are beautiful and bushy i can't wait to see the buds. Have you figured out the discoloring?

I love the set up. i really want to try the rdwc. after i master coco i think i'll give it a go. but was pretty grossed out by the slime in my bubblers today when i changed the water lmao...

I'm really curious about the lucas formula. i've read a lot of good things about it but also some things that keep me from wanting to do it. I love the GH line up, just trying to figure out what's actually useful, and what not might be worth it.

The plants are beautiful and bushy i can't wait to see the buds. Have you figured out the discoloring?
The slime can be an issue for sure. A root enzyme will help drastically. I’m actually going to do a complete overhaul of my garden today. I should never have gone with the orange buckets. I’m starting to develop a bit of green on the roots and that will pretty much hault any growth. Black buckets for the win! It’s going to be a pain in the butt but must be done. The discoloring is part calmag and part root algae I believe. I’m going to nip that in the bud today. Thanks for stopping by!! I enjoy the company.

The slime can be an issue for sure. A root enzyme will help drastically. I’m actually going to do a complete overhaul of my garden today. I should never have gone with the orange buckets. I’m starting to develop a bit of green on the roots and that will pretty much hault any growth. Black buckets for the win! It’s going to be a pain in the butt but must be done. The discoloring is part calmag and part root algae I believe. I’m going to nip that in the bud today. Thanks for stopping by!! I enjoy the company.
I was gonna use the white / black poly to cover some pails. Should work

I was gonna use the white / black poly to cover some pails. Should work
That’ll work for sure! I’m just sick of looking at the tinfoil I used lol. I need it to be cleaner. Going to get the pails and a couple other things from the hydro store after work. Then home to have a cold beer and do some garden work.

Back
Top Bottom