420's Hydro Soil-less Indiana Bubblegum x Darkstar Kush Grow Journal, 2021

Still way too much stretch in the newbs. Tallest is around 30" so looks like I'll have to take measures to keep them short in bloom.

IMG_0828_DxO.jpg
IMG_0829_DxO.jpg

The bubblegum and the dark star are the real culprits... bubblegum is of course the daughter of dark star so must be where she gets it.

Still way too much stretch in the newbs. Tallest is around 30" so looks like I'll have to take measures to keep them short in bloom.

IMG_0828_DxO.jpg
IMG_0829_DxO.jpg

The bubblegum and the dark star are the real culprits... bubblegum is of course the daughter of dark star so must be where she gets it.
Yup. That's a stretch alright. Lmao.

They was 5" a minute ago :laughtwo:
It's so funny you say that. So in my first grow I way screwed up in the most cliche rookie way by being totally ignorant about the stretch and completely underestimating it. I was growing a strong sativa hybrid with a significant stretch. Like, they literally doubled in size and they were WAY too big when I flipped them. (LOL, I made every rookie mistake I could) I spent flowering tying branches down. So I flipped them to 12/12 and the first day nothing happened at all and I was like, shit, this stretch stuff is nothing. What a rube! MAN was I wrong. I put the girls to bed that night and when I opened the tent the next day I barely recognized it. A JUNGLE grew overnight. Literally there were branches that had stretched up like yours up to 3-4" in one night! I couldn't believe it. Now I understand the stretch and plan accordingly. It only takes once. Lol.

Yea I'm not sure where to go with them at this point... maybe flipping right after they root (straight from cloner to flower)... maybe first two weeks of flower in smaller pots. Should be interesting. From 5" to 30" is a 600% increase in size o_O
If one of those two doesn't help I may be topping after 3 weeks of flower to get them to size.
So I flipped them to 12/12 and the first day nothing happened at all and I was like, shit, this stretch stuff is nothing.
:rofl:

Yea I'm not sure where to go with them at this point... maybe flipping right after they root (straight from cloner to flower)... maybe first two weeks of flower in smaller pots. Should be interesting. From 5" to 30" is a 600% increase in size o_O
If one of those two doesn't help I may be topping after 3 weeks of flower to get them to size.

:rofl:
My really experienced professional grower great friend who I reference sometimes from Oregon only grows from clones. And he puts the thing the clone comes in directly into a one gallon pot, lets it outgrow that, then transplants and within a week to ten days, so they're fully recovered from any potential transplant shock and have had a few waterings to get used to their new home, and he flips them to flower. Much as you suggest. I listen to that dude, he's my Yoda. So if I'm right your idea is likely very solid. Root them in soil and once they're rooted and develop a few new leaves you can flip them. Especially if they're gonna stretch like that. 600% is INSANITY. Lol. Although I suppose you could have worse problems. I see super cropping in your future. Lmao!

Not a big deal but I like to work with smaller plants so I can more easily care for them (as well as keep them lit). At least she has some pretty decent buds on her. I root in rapid rooters (or whatever they are called) so I'm thinking flip when they look like this
IMG_0830_DxO.jpg
IMG_0831_DxO.jpg

Not a big deal but I like to work with smaller plants so I can more easily care for them (as well as keep them lit). At least she has some pretty decent buds on her. I root in rapid rooters (or whatever they are called) so I'm thinking flip when they look like this
IMG_0830_DxO.jpg
IMG_0831_DxO.jpg
I get it and have seen you do it that way. Too foreign to me. I'm so going for exactly the opposite approach. Lmao. That's part of the beauty of growing weed - it's easily adaptable to any style and any specific growing needs that may be in play. If that works for you, awesome.

You can grow it about any way you want to I suppose. I'm only shooting for an ounce each plant so I stick with the smaller buckets. Once you start supercropping you thicken the plant to the point it needs a larger bucket and I can't see myself carrying a 25 gallon smart pot to the bathroom whenever I need to flush. :rofl:

Question for the pros time:

Where's the best place to order seeds from... I'm looking to pick up Barney's Farm Blue Gelato (saw it on @Nunyabiz journal and it looks similar to what I'm after or at least a step closer). EU webs seem to kick my credit so I might have to get a prepaid card or something.

Also if you guys know of a strain that shoots out "resin balls" like those let me know. It used to be so easy to get good weed.

Question for the pros time:

Where's the best place to order seeds from... I'm looking to pick up Barney's Farm Blue Gelato (saw it on @Nunyabiz journal and it looks similar to what I'm after or at least a step closer). EU webs seem to kick my credit so I might have to get a prepaid card or something.

Also if you guys know of a strain that shoots out "resin balls" like those let me know. It used to be so easy to get good weed.
I'm def not a pro but I have ordered dozens of seeds from various places and can give you a start. My Gorilla Zkittlez auto is from Barney's Farm. I ordered it through Se_dsma_(letters omitted at moderator request). I have used them several times. I have always gotten my seeds, every single one has come up, and they are a reseller of others seeds in addition to selling their own strains. Their customer service was great, they always include freebies, and I complained about one little thing and they sent me even more freebies. I like them as a place to get seeds, not sure about their own strains. The downside here is it takes FOREVER to get your seeds. Right now my Lemon autos are their genetics.

I got my Cinderella Jack autos, which are Dutch Passion, from Discreet Seeds. They came way quicker. Dutch Passion is world famous and I would buy from them again for sure. Just like the other company, Discreet Seeds is a reseller. But the Dutch Passion Cinderella Jack genetics are way strong. All three of mine are almost identical and interchangeable. Just like you want. All three are developing exactly as they say they will. Dependable is huge.

If you want a good reseller there's two. But for the real deal I go to Hembra Genetics. They're out of Cali and they are also a reseller, but they deliver nationwide. I got my seeds from them in five days, with unannounced freebies, a thank you letter, and a really cool sticker. All my photo seeds are Humboldt Seed Company genetics and came from Hembra. They exclusively and only sell the very top of the line genetics, and they have a wide variety of strains from each company in their stable. They're also a small local American company if that has value to you. Check them out and the breeders they have. It's jaw dropping. They are my number one suggestion.

For what it's worth!

I want to see every trichome have a huge resin ball like that and then I will be like :goof:

We are the knights who say "We"... a shrubbery, yes yes a shrubbery!

Just checked on them a bit ago... still about the same on amber. No instant overnight turning so far.

These are all lower buds on the plant all pics from different plants... tops have a little more amber right up under the light so will probably go by lower buds
IMG_0832_DxO.jpg
IMG_0833_DxO.jpg
IMG_0834_DxO.jpg
IMG_0835_DxO.jpg

Just checked on them a bit ago... still about the same on amber. No instant overnight turning so far.

These are all lower buds on the plant all pics from different plants... tops have a little more amber right up under the light so will probably go by lower buds
IMG_0832_DxO.jpg
IMG_0833_DxO.jpg
IMG_0834_DxO.jpg
IMG_0835_DxO.jpg
WOW. Those are lower buds, eh? Super frosty for lower buds. Nice. You could always harvest the tops first and let the bottoms go another week. I've never done that but a lot of folks do in exactly your situation.

Yea I abused em and the tops are ripening prematurely. It just kind of looks like a light tan on the tops and I don't think it's worth worrying over. I'm too lazy :rofl: to harvest single buds... I usually take the whole plant, strip the sun leaves and then hang the whole thing as one stem for a week. Keep humidity around 50% and they dry nicely in that time. I'll try and get some pics of em in a couple weeks, I still have to install some pipe for a hanger.

I still kick myself every time I see those red hairs... to me it kind of means the calyx has died and growth of that bud will cease. Chop chop problem solved :laughtwo::peace:

Their torment was not in vain though, they helped me dial it in for the new ones.

Master master
Where are all the dream that I've been after
Master master
Promised only lies
Laughter laughter
All I see or hear is laughter
Laughter laughter
Laughing at my cries

Back
Top Bottom