5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

I posted this because the "FIRE OG" is starting to get those rust spots on the leaves again. I'm not sure if it's because of the light or the nutrients. A few days after putting the light on 80% again I got rust spots again. Exact same thing happened when I tried 80% before. I'm almost 3' above the canopy so it doesn't make sense to me. I doubt it's a Ca Mag issue as I'm adding 2 ml. per gal. now. I know it's not the pH as I pH my nutes to 6.3 every time. I just calibrated my Blue Lab so it's accurate. It has to be a Phosphorus deficiency is all I can figure. @MrSauga, @InTheShed .... does this look like a P def. to you ? If so, what do I do to increase it ?
I'll take a few pics in a minute & get them posted. Wanted to post the Strain Info first.
Thanks !

Tips for growing Fire OG cannabis​

Strain overview: Considered one of the most potent OG strains out there, Fire OG is a cross between parent strains SFV OG and OG Kush. It carries a strong lemony, earthy aroma and offers a powerful euphoric high best reserved for seasoned consumers.

Grow techniques: This strain requires a lot of knowledge about feeding to achieve high yields. Grow hydroponically if you are less sure about feeding as soil-based nutrients can be difficult. Pruning and topping are required for maximum yields.

Want to learn more about growing marijuana? Check out Leafly’s Growing Guide to get tips and advice from expert growers.

Flowering time:
9 weeks

Yield: Moderate to high

Grow difficulty: Difficult

Climate: Fire OG can handle colder temperatures, but it molds easily if exposed to lots of rain. It prefers temperatures between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Indoor/outdoor: Fire OG grows well indoors or out, but the resinous, flavorful buds perform best when protected from weather.

Feeding: OG genetics like high levels of nutrients, especially CalMag and phosphorous.

OK here's the pics.
13-444.JPG
13-445.JPG
13-446.JPG
13-447.JPG
13-448.JPG

Seen something called "RAW" Phosphorus. Not sure if it's something like this that I need to add or not.
Here's a pic of that.
61ru9HXxgqL._AC_SL1476_.jpg

I was wondering if I upped the Kelp-Ful or Precursor-1 if that would work ?

I'll take a better look tonight if nobody else chimes in. That raw has a high level of P, so it won't take much. It's also going to add quite a bit of N, and may want to stay away from it for now.
Yeah, I was concerned about the "N" as I see some shiny, dark green leaves in my pics. Doesn't look shiny on the plant though.

Plants not in flower rarely show phosphorus deficiencies but I wouldn't want to chime in until I knew what your current numbers were. That kind of leaf decay could be a number of things, from K toxicity to boron deficiency! Let's see what MrS has to say after work today. :)
Yeah, that last sentence in the "FIRE OG" description & seeing pics that looked similar to my leaf damage made me think phosphorus. This has got me a little concerned since all 4 plants are OG's.

Plants not in flower rarely show phosphorus deficiencies but I wouldn't want to chime in until I knew what your current numbers were. That kind of leaf decay could be a number of things, from K toxicity to boron deficiency! Let's see what MrS has to say after work today. :)
I absolutely agree with you that it's unlikely a P def in flower, but it's possible there is a demand for more P. Chances are he actually has an issue with availability, antagonism and/or nutrient competition. It does seem to have similar signs of P def, but @Buds Buddy would have to let us know if it's mostly on the lower or upper leaves.

It's hard for me to tell you what you need to do to correct it, Buds. It's something the nutrient manufacturer will have to help you with, or you go back to your old recipes to correct the problem.

You are correct; before operating a commercial vehicle, the driver must pass a drug test. Drug Driving tests are very important for commercial drivers. They are permitted to operate commercial cars if they pass a drug test.
Amazon does a Mouth Swab at the interview. Not sure if it's required or not. I never took a drug test when I drove a cab in the past. Amazon tells you everything they're going to do at the interview right on their website.

I absolutely agree with you that it's unlikely a P def in flower, but it's possible there is a demand for more P. Chances are he actually has an issue with availability, antagonism and/or nutrient competition. It does seem to have similar signs of P def, but @Buds Buddy would have to let us know if it's mostly on the lower or upper leaves.

It's hard for me to tell you what you need to do to correct it, Buds. It's something the nutrient manufacturer will have to help you with, or you go back to your old recipes to correct the problem.
I'm not sure if this is even possible.... but I have to wonder if the light could be causing it. Seems every time I put the light on 80% this happens. Probably just a coincidence; but that's when it happens. The leaves with the damage are now 1 - 2 nodes down from the top. New growth has no damage.... yet. I would think there would be some light bleaching & Taco leaves if it was the light; so not too sure it would cause this. I'll give it a couple days & see if it effects the new growth. If not, it has to be the light. First time I've ever jumped 20% in light from 60 - 80% all at once. I usually increase by 5% at a time. This light doesn't have that option. 40, 60, 80, 100% are my choices. That's about the only thing I wish was different about this light. Other than that it seems to be a really good light. The nutrients I'm kind of confused with. I've never used a nutrient that just stays the same all the way through Veg. All the nutes I've used always increased little by little over each week. I really need to learn that nute calculator stuff. Problem is I have to have a dictionary to see what 1/2 the words they use even mean. Hard to do when you don't have a clue what they're talking about. You also have to have a target range you want to meet & I have no idea what the target range (NPK) should be.
Are there any video's explaining how these calculators work ? I do better with seeing things over reading them. I have to read something 10 times before I fully understand it & that's frustrating. I just don't have 20 minutes to analyze each sentence. I'm almost 61 & the average life span is 74.5 so at 20 min. a sentence I'd be dead before I learned it.... lol. I wont be doing another grow for a few months once this one is complete so I'm going to try to learn it during that time. I'll probably have to ask you some questions when I get stumped. Hope you wont mind too much. Thanks for all the help you've given me. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is even possible.... but I have to wonder if the light could be causing it. Seems every time I put the light on 80% this happens. Probably just a coincidence; but that's when it happens. The leaves with the damage are now 1 - 2 nodes down from the top. New growth has no damage.... yet.
No, I don't think it's light related. My feeling is it's an imbalance of nutes, and not knowing what to adjust for the correction. Like everything related to growing cannabis, there's a learning curve when trying new things. Take a look at your journal title. New light and new nutes. Tough to diagnose when you have too many new variables.
I really need to learn that nute calculator stuff.
It definitely helps.
You also have to have a target range you want to meet & I have no idea what the target range (NPK) should be.
Again, it comes down to knowing how much N is required at certain stages of growth. The MC calculator does that part for you. The ratio should be 10 parts N to 1 or 2 parts P, to 10 parts K. So if MC says I need 100 ppm of N, then I need 10 or 20 ppm of P and 100 ppm of K. Once you know the K value, you can calculate the K to Ca to Mg ratio, which is 4 to 2 to 1. Once you have all that, then you can grow great plants :).
Are there any video's explaining how these calculators work ?
Yes, watch the one from Sky Bound. He has a tutorial on here somewhere too.
I'll probably have to ask you some questions when I get stumped. Hope you wont mind too much. Thanks for all the help you've given me. Much appreciated.

No problem.

Here's a quick google result when I typed in 'Hydrobuddy tutorial':
1635384799914.png

Here's an example of what I'm talking about when I'm trying to learn about nutes & calculations.
"Nitrogen is also a part of ATP, which allows plant cells to control the use of energy."
That sentence was from one of the articles I read. Nitrogen is also a part of ATP ? What the hell is ATP ? Nowhere in the article does it tell you what ATP is. Can't really look it up because I don't know what the letters stand for. Sure complicates things. These sites need to include a glossary to look things up when you don't know what they are.

Adenosine triphosphate
In plants, ATP is synthesized in the thylakoid membrane of the chloroplast. The process is called photophosphorylation. The "machinery" is similar to that in mitochondria except that light energy is used to pump protons across a membrane to produce a proton-motive force.

The trick is to narrow your search... type in 'ATP in plants' to focus the search. That's way too much for what you are trying to learn.

No, I don't think it's light related. My feeling is it's an imbalance of nutes, and not knowing what to adjust for the correction. Like everything related to growing cannabis, there's a learning curve when trying new things. Take a look at your journal title. New light and new nutes. Tough to diagnose when you have too many new variables.

It definitely helps.

Again, it comes down to knowing how much N is required at certain stages of growth. The MC calculator does that part for you. The ratio should be 10 parts N to 1 or 2 parts P, to 10 parts K. So if MC says I need 100 ppm of N, then I need 10 or 20 ppm of P and 100 ppm of K. Once you know the K value, you can calculate the K to Ca to Mg ratio, which is 4 to 2 to 1. Once you have all that, then you can grow great plants :).

Yes, watch the one from Sky Bound. He has a tutorial on here somewhere too.

No problem.

Here's a quick google result when I typed in 'Hydrobuddy tutorial':
1635384799914.png
Thanks Mr S. I'll be watching these video's tonight & tomorrow. All 3 of them so it sinks in.... lol.
When I read about NPK ratios in bottled nutes like 10-2-10 it says that means it contains 10% N, 2% P & 10% K. That's only 22% total. What is the other 78% ? Water ? Or is it the secondary & micronutrients ? (Wait... can't be. There's even less of each of those).

Adenosine triphosphate
In plants, ATP is synthesized in the thylakoid membrane of the chloroplast. The process is called photophosphorylation. The "machinery" is similar to that in mitochondria except that light energy is used to pump protons across a membrane to produce a proton-motive force.

The trick is to narrow your search... type in 'ATP in plants' to focus the search. That's way too much for what you are trying to learn.
Sure wish I had a memory like yours still. It's like once something confuses me I get frustrated & all the things that made sense that I previously read get lost in my frustration. I'm seriously considering stopping smoking weed for a while. I think it's taken a toll on my memory functions. I don't think I've missed more than 10 days of smoking since 1999 at about an oz. per week by myself. Yeah, about 12-15 joints per day. I just don't feel normal unless I'm buzzed.
I feel sick when I don't smoke. Addicted ?

I don't think I've missed more than 10 days of smoking since 1999 at about an oz. per week by myself. Yeah, about 12-15 joints per day. I just don't feel normal unless I'm buzzed.
I feel sick when I don't smoke.
lol, you are not alone Buds. If I didn't work I'd hit that mark easily. I'm about an ounce a week. I make up for it during the evenings and weekends.
Addicted ?
To having fun, yes.

Back
Top Bottom