5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

So as of today I'm adding "BIG DATA" to my @Prescription Blend nutrient mix. Hoping to up my "P" some to help with the def. on the Fire OG. Big Data gets added at 5 mil. per gal. So here's exactly what I'm adding per gal. as of now in the order they get added.
5 ml. Bio-Si
2 ml. CalMag
10 ml. Core A
10 ml. Core B
4 ml. Big Data
5 ml. Kelp-Ful
5 ml. Precursor-1

The nutrient mix came out with a 6.3 pH so I did not have to adjust it.
My EC reading came out at 2.125 ec.
My ppm reading said 1060 ppm

2 out of 3 plants drink about 1-3/4 gal. every 2 days. 1 plant drinks the same amount every 3 days. The last one about 1.5 - 1.75 gal. every 3-4 days. That amount will increase every couple of weeks till harvest time.

Going to need more nutrients soon as my small bags are only 1/4 full. A & B looks like less then 1/2 bag left. I'd guess at 3-4 weeks worth left to be on the safe side.

Anyways, I'll add a couple of group shots taken after the trim & defol job.

13-488.JPG
13-489.JPG

That's all for now.

Pics above were taken on Saturday. Let's see how the ladies look now.
Here's a few group shots to start things off.
13-495.JPG
13-496.JPG
13-497.JPG

Yeah Baby, all coming along nicely !

Here's a single shot of each plant.
"OG KUSH"
13-498.JPG

"FIRE OG"
13-499.JPG

"SKYWALKER OG"
13-500.JPG

"OG-1"
13-501.JPG

They are getting pretty close to the size I want them to start Flower. Maybe just 1 more week.
Just wanted to show the 3-4 days growth difference.

Here is our "CHERRY ON TOP" Re-Veg.
Sunday will be 2 weeks she's been on 12/12. She's filled in pretty good & there's some pretty good stretch on a few branches. I'll be doing a Final Flower Trim & Super Crop on her this weekend. I'm content with her growth so far; but I want the OG's just a little bigger.
13-490.JPG
13-491.JPG
13-492.JPG
13-493.JPG
13-494.JPG

Things are looking good with all the new growth. Looking at the pics it seems like the issue you were seeing is no longer there but please let me know if your still having that come up...

If I want these plants to finish between 3' - 4' tall (actual plant size not including pot height) how tall should they get in Veg before flipping to 12/12 ?
Without having experience with how these stretch its hard to say but I've had OG's that stretched and grew almost 24". If you have all the top branches that your planning for then in my opinion, flipping at about 20-24" would be the biggest I would do. But... sooner would be ok too if you feel like your veg training is done and they are healthy and ready for flower.

Some opinions please..... If I want these plants to finish between 3' - 4' tall (actual plant size not including pot height) how tall should they get in Veg before flipping to 12/12 ?
Right now the canopy is 14" above the soil.
Hey Buddy the girls are looking amazing lately.
I'm envious, hehe.
If you want to be 3' finished I wouldn't wait a lot longer.
Seeing as you don't have any room left to spread out in there , well not a lot.
It's only 14" to canopy right but you lst,d them so they are older and taller than your average 14" lady.
So when those branches double in hight its going to more than double its height.
Beautiful work.
Stay safe
Bill

Some opinions please..... If I want these plants to finish between 3' - 4' tall (actual plant size not including pot height) how tall should they get in Veg before flipping to 12/12 ?
Right now the canopy is 14" above the soil.
Best you can do is research what kind of stretch is expected like RX blend mentioned.
It's only 14" to canopy right but you lst,d them so they are older and taller than your average 14" lady.
So when those branches double in hight its going to more than double its height.
Is that true? A 14" plant that has been trained flat will get taller than a 14" untrained plant because it's older? Is that based on the fact that the 14" tall main might actually be 20" had it been left alone? But now that branch has new tops growing off it that will be taking a lot of the auxins in stretch.

A science experiment waiting to happen!

Things are looking good with all the new growth. Looking at the pics it seems like the issue you were seeing is no longer there but please let me know if your still having that come up...

Without having experience with how these stretch its hard to say but I've had OG's that stretched and grew almost 24". If you have all the top branches that your planning for then in my opinion, flipping at about 20-24" would be the biggest I would do. But... sooner would be ok too if you feel like your veg training is done and they are healthy and ready for flower.
Yes, now that they've had 2 feedings with Flower (Big data added) they seem to be getting greener. I think things have improved a lot from 2 weeks ago. I probably could have just added .5 ml. per gal. of Precursor-1 & .5 ml. of Kelp-Ful & fixed the issue too. But since I'm close to flower (sometime between this Sunday & next) I decided on the Big Data route. I think I'm starting to figure out the best way to use these nutes. They are new to me so I expect a little trial & error. The error part will probably be on me.

Hey Buddy the girls are looking amazing lately.
I'm envious, hehe.
If you want to be 3' finished I wouldn't wait a lot longer.
Seeing as you don't have any room left to spread out in there , well not a lot.
Beautiful work.
Stay safe
Bill
Cool, Thanks. I'll just go to somewhere close to 18" - 20" tall & flip. I just can't see wasting all this time vegging & training & then not trying to get the most out of it. Sure hoping to beat my biggest yield of 11.1 oz. off 1 plant. That's been my main goal from the start of this journal.

That Super Silver Haze OG that stunted out on me. I put it on the porch & have only gave it water. It got about 2" tall & it's flowering now. This will be my smallest yield yet.... lol.

Best you can do is research what kind of stretch is expected like RX blend mentioned.

Is that true? A 14" plant that has been trained flat will get taller than a 14" untrained plant because it's older? Is that based on the fact that the 14" tall main might actually be 20" had it been left alone? But now that branch has new tops growing off it that will be taking a lot of the auxins in stretch.

A science experiment waiting to happen!
Yeah, I'll have to search for that info. Hope since they're all OG's they have similar traits.

Thanks Jack. I'm kind of excited to see how this Re-Veg turns out. She's a decent size, but her branches are kind of thin.
Probably going to need a lot of support should it put on some decent weight. Good to see you checking in on things.
Yeah man they doin great

What ya think ? Maybe a little more than a pound from this baby ?
DSCF7461.JPG
DSCF7462.JPG
DSCF7463.JPG
Brings back memories of my last years grow. :D The others are looking great. I don't have enough grows under me to advise on height. I need help with that myself. Looks like the more senior growers were on it for your plea for help! :high-five:

Brings back memories of my last years grow. :D The others are looking great. I don't have enough grows under me to advise on height. I need help with that myself. Looks like the more senior growers were on it for your plea for help! :high-five:
I didn't waste much time on that one. She stunted early & stayed that way. She was on the porch since week 2 of veg I think. Surprised it's even alive. Only gets water.

I think I'm starting to figure out the best way to use these nutes. They are new to me so I expect a little trial & error. The error part will probably be on me.
Every system is slightly different so adapting to using a new nutrient program often has a learning curve. In my opinion its not about error its about trying to optimize the new thing to your setup and deciding if it fits your style. I do think its interesting that it was only on one of your strains though.
Cool, Thanks. I'll just go to somewhere close to 18" - 20" tall & flip. I just can't see wasting all this time vegging & training & then not trying to get the most out of it.
In my experience, plant height at flip is not really a deciding factor in yield.

This is only an opinion but the criteria I had always looked for was vigorous and healthy foliage growth, an established root system with the plant filling my expected area (not more cutting tops or LST to stretchy them out) and that they are tall enough to have a canopy and also airflow underneath.

If your plants are meeting this criteria and are also mature enough from seed to enter flower, I would propose that you might not see an additional benefit from waiting for a certain height. After all, time should be considered into your equation since waiting several weeks to go from 14" to 18-20" is that much longer before your tent is available for other plants. Other opinions are welcome...

Back
Top Bottom