8x8 Tent Project

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone.

I may have the chance to grow with a good friend who runs a 8x8 tent, he runs only one 1000w hps but I'm going to have him change it for maybe 8 SP250's or 4 600w hps lights.

Coco perlite mix, 10 plants max, using my own feed schedule.

What would be the best training?

Seed or clone?

This would be specifically for yield, used for oils and butters.

The is everyone.

Think about it like this: If nutrient levels and environment factors are optimal, you are going to produce around 1-1.5 grams per watt of light. It doesn’t matter if you are growing one plant or 10. If you use 1000 watts of light, you can estimate yielding anywhere from 1000-1500 grams 2.2-3.3 lbs of final product.

Now determine how many plants that you want that poundage to come from without jeopardizing growing environment. I personally would flower 4 plants max. This would allow each plant to have 16sq. ft of flowering space.

As far as training. I would top them all after the 5th node, and use a screen. This would give you 10 main colas per plant, giving each cola about a square foot of space. There would be plenty of room for light to penetrate the canopy.

As far as seeds or clones; if you can get reputable seeds that were produced from good plant breeding, go with them, feminized. If you can’t get fem seeds, find someone that has a good seed gene of a female and buy their clones. If you go with bag seeds, propagate 8 seeds as half of them you will end up ditching before flower as they will be male.

Just giving you my two cents.

Think about it like this: If nutrient levels and environment factors are optimal, you are going to produce around 1-1.5 grams per watt of light. It doesn’t matter if you are growing one plant or 10. If you use 1000 watts of light, you can estimate yielding anywhere from 1000-1500 grams 2.2-3.3 lbs of final product.

Now determine how many plants that you want that poundage to come from without jeopardizing growing environment. I personally would flower 4 plants max. This would allow each plant to have 16sq. ft of flowering space.

As far as training. I would top them all after the 5th node, and use a screen. This would give you 10 main colas per plant, giving each cola about a square foot of space. There would be plenty of room for light to penetrate the canopy.

As far as seeds or clones; if you can get reputable seeds that were produced from good plant breeding, go with them, feminized. If you can’t get fem seeds, find someone that has a good seed gene of a female and buy their clones. If you go with bag seeds, propagate 8 seeds as half of them you will end up ditching before flower as they will be male.

Just giving you my two cents.

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!!!!

ran 3 8 x 8's side by side with a friend...
it's lots of work.

had either a mix of cob and hps or dual hps. 2 hps will hit well above the combined wattage when paired.

Hello :) it won't just be 1000w I'm going to tell him to get rid of that and go for 4 600w or 8 of the SP250's which would work out as 2400w hps and just under 2000w of led.

Thanks for all of the info guys I appreciate it!

Hello everyone.

I may have the chance to grow with a good friend who runs a 8x8 tent, he runs only one 1000w hps but I'm going to have him change it for maybe 8 SP250's or 4 600w hps lights.

Coco perlite mix, 10 plants max, using my own feed schedule.

What would be the best training?

Seed or clone?

This would be specifically for yield, used for oils and butters.

The is everyone.

Do you have a time frame the grow needs to be completed by? If you've got 5+ months to play around with, try out this training method:

I'm doing one of my plants this way so I csnt comment with personal experience however I love the way my girl is taking shape so far and the potential results look phenomenal.

Because the final plant is more tall and contained mostly within the diameter of the pot, you could maybe squeeze 10 of those beefy ladies at full flower in your 8x8. As long as your flowering light is strong enough to penetrate down deep and the cola buds can grow tall and fat.

Again, this is my first time trying this method out so take my comment with a grain of salt, but it's just a little food for thought...and that's it for the puns.

Hello @Dsrkmattertec54 sorry for the late reply I never even seen this or I would have replied.

I have just spoke with a friend and it's all go for this project and the same setup with a few tweeks, 2 SP 250's or 2 TSL2000's with a 1000w double ended HPS or similar I will take a look at it, 20L pots, 50/50 Coco/perlite, Canna line.

I have seen that method you mentioned I tried it once before but used a strain that stretched far to much so I needed to bend and fold, I could do that method of training but my plan is to maybe only use 6x8 of the grow space so there is a 2x8 space down the side to walk down and check as well as floor fans.

After having a read of that I think I will go for this technique, I started writing this over an hour ago and I'm still typing :laugh: main goal is 50oz to make it worth all this effort.

Hey HighertheHigh, how did the Gavita 100e DE Pro's treat ya? I am about to get going again with 2 of these same lights, paired up with some Dimlux 630 CMH lights, can't wait to see what they can produce!

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom