A Good Old Fashioned RedHotChiliPepper Grow Off

All I managed to plant this year was rosemary, some (white :( ) onions, and some peppers. All in containers, lol, and all containers are way too small (largest might be two-gallon, most are under one-gallon). I don't know if that's going to work or not. I just potted those up a few minutes ago; talk about a late start, oops.

One jalapeno (have another but ran out of containers :rolleyes: ).
One generic(?) chili pepper.
One serano.
Two habeneros.
One bhut jolokia.
That's all, if I haven't forgotten one.

Have three unknown regular tomato plants, one cherry/small of some sort, and one mostly dead super sweet 100. I didn't get any of those potted up (no containers).

1st pepper harvest of the season---some roasters, jalepeno, and hot globes.
The pepper lineup in this year’s garden:

• 3 jalepeno
• 2 Anaheim
• 1 red thai
• 2 pimiento de padron
• 5 italian roaster
• 1 sweet pimiento
• 1 black mole
• 1 poblano
• 1 peruvian yellow
• 1 hot globe (a round hot pepper similar to a cascabel)

I’ve grown most of these before & have had pretty good luck w/ ‘em. Always nice to have a good variety.

Also in the garden: an assortment of maters, some basil, oregano, thyme, mint, & peas. garlic, sunflowers, cannabis & rosemary.

The tom’s are fruiting, Some should be ready in coupla weeks.

Grow on!

Good green morning all... These are actually called Hot Cherry Peppers in my neck of the woods, and one of my personal favs.... Good on salads, mixed in many cold salad mixes such as pasta or potato, and great in chili, salsa, and marinara sauce as well... Green days all

The pepper lineup in this year’s garden:

• 3 jalepeno
• 2 Anaheim
• 1 red thai
• 2 pimiento de padron
• 5 italian roaster
• 1 sweet pimiento
• 1 black mole
• 1 poblano
• 1 peruvian yellow
Nice selection of peppers this season! :thumb:
I'm not sure what happened to my planning this year, but I only ended up planting Jalapenos and habaneros... and a bunch of tomatoes.
View media item 1691919
View media item 1691918
View media item 1691917
View media item 1691913
View media item 1691912
View media item 1691916
View media item 1691915
View media item 1691914

lookin great, @BeezLuiz Wish I had a long enough growing season for habaneros, but I don't so that wish +$5 might get me a cup of coffee in the Bay Area.

Here's 2nd chile harvest: black moles, Anaheim, jaleps, hot globes, & roasters.
Made decent salsa. But everythings going slowly—cloudy June so far.

Everything’s fruiting. So once a coupla days of sunshine happens, the garden’s gonna be kicking it out.

Here's 2nd chile harvest: black moles, Anaheim, jaleps, hot globes, & roasters.
Excellent! Love the green colors and shine on those peppers! No Peruvian Yellows yet?
But everythings going slowly—cloudy June so far.
Same here. Everything is a little slow this year even though my weather has been pretty decent lately. I harvested a few jalapenos, but still waiting for my first ripe tomato - any day now!

The Peruvian Yellows take a while, but should be table ready in a coupla weeks.

Unfortunately, this years PY pheno is plainly not going to be as productive as the one I grew last year. But few are—it was absolutely stellar. In hindsight, I realize now that I should have potted it & tried to overwinter it inside. Bygones.

Got all my garlic harvested yesterday. about 35 bulbs, which'll be gone by about Nov.

3rd chile harvest (jalep, hot globe, roaster, not-yet-red thai, black mole, ancho)
Here’s my super simple salsa fresca recipe:
In a blender combine:
2 cloves garlic
1 slice onion
7-8 peppers (topped, of course, I don’t seed mine, but one can)
1 small peeled carrot
juice from ½ a lime
salt to taste
optional: oregano & cumin seed

puree. That’s it!

Nothing but crickets on this thread lately, but my garden isn't stopping so neither will my posting!
Peppers are popping along with tomatoes (finally). The fiery Peruvian's are now producing.
My first roma's a giant, too big to fit in a washtub!;)
And some non-edible, non-smokable flowers.
Grow on, compadres!

my habanero burning bush
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG
a black pepper & orange pepper, strawberries & bacopa flower
IMG_1427 (2).JPG

Tomatoes gone wild
IMG_1423.JPG

cucumbers in the greenhouse

Sunflowers are kicking…my favorites, the autumn gold

Another chile & mater harvest. One bowl of fire (Peruvian, Thai, jalepeno, & bola (Mexican Spanish for hot globes, I just found out) & another of no-heat eating peppers (shishito, Italian roasters, pimientos de padron)

Made 2 pizzas last nite. One pesto made with homegrown garlic & basil & the other with a salsa fresca of homegrown toms, garlic, & basil. Yummy.

Here’s my super simple salsa fresca recipe for pizza etc:
3-4 large fresh tomatoes (or a bunch of cherry toms)
4-5 cloves of garlic
leaves from a coupla basil branches (de-stemmed).
About 1 T of olive oil.
Puree in a blender. Easy! Not just good on pizza, it’s pretty rocking as a cool summer dip, too.

A few more shots of the garden green pepper loaded
IMG_1437.JPG

Watermelon ,this is the biggest one so far have maybe 4 more
IMG_1439.JPG

Trumpet Flower
IMG_1438.JPG

Pretty good season for my tomatoes. Picked a few here to cook down and then jar up for fresh tomato sauce during the winter. :)
View media item 1703943

Love it all
Stopped smoking 25 yrs ago and did gardenjng of tomatoeas and peppers
Now have taken those skills learnedfrom growingand started growing my own smoke since it is legal here
Or should i say my own oil as dont like to smoke anymore
Have grown over 80 different peppers from around the world
When someone goes to another country i get them to pick up some seed
Wish I could do that for weed
:yummy:
Will post some pics later as it is dark here
Namaste

Nice work, folks!

Yesterday, I took about 7lb of these to Meals on Wheels which provides meals to indigent elderly. Did the same last year. One of the many things I like about gardening. Life’s rough enough in the city for the old & poor without good food.

Peppers & basil are continuing to pump out the produce, too.
Made the pizza fresca sauce into a pie topped with homegrown maters, garlic, basil, oreg (& storebought 'shrooms)

Into the uncertain blue yonder…Grow on!

That
Nice work, folks!

Yesterday, I took about 7lb of these to Meals on Wheels which provides meals to indigent elderly. Did the same last year. One of the many things I like about gardening. Life’s rough enough in the city for the old & poor without good food.

Peppers & basil are continuing to pump out the produce, too.
Made the pizza fresca sauce into a pie topped with homegrown maters, garlic, basil, oreg (& storebought 'shrooms)

Into the uncertain blue yonder…Grow on!
That pie looks so freakin good. :drool::laugh:

That pizza looks fantastic!! :drool:
And kudos for sharing with the less fortunate. :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom