Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

I will be getting update later tonight or tomorrow, not going ot make same mistake as last time, will be trimming some lower branches and those rubbing up on sides. will strive to be as even as possible on both sides:)

Looks great! i love this thread!!!

Side by sides are great and you have a GREAT one going here...so thanks for that:Namaste:

is there any measurable difference in the node spacing between the two?? looks like maybe the advanced has larger spacing????

Keep rocking the setup:tommy::theband::woohoo:

Well I am back, here is an update on these ladies...

flower Day 39

Been battling my issues, had to spray for mites two more times, but on last check nothing moving under microscope.

PH also was low on me, that maybe cause of burnt leaves.

My biggest problem is the amount of stretch in this strain(Hawaiian Snow), and more so with plants grown 'Capn Style' because they got so much more nutes to play with IMO. I have had to bend and pull branches like crazy, causing issues with room. and the top branches needing to be held up after they pulled over, plants would be two feet taller if not super cropped.

They not the prettiest plants in the world and a bit beat up from mite spray and pH fluctuations, that seem better. But they smell REAL good and got a ways to go yet.

Overall I think the buds on top LED side are a bit bigger.

The top LED is on left Advanced LED on right.

DSCN23653.JPG

TopLED
DSCN23662.JPG
DSCN23674.JPG
DSCN23684.JPG

Advanced LED
DSCN23693.JPG
DSCN23704.JPG
DSCN23715.JPG

Yessss!! Very glad your back!! This is the one side by side I was most interested in and I thought it went south.. happy to see it's still on track. All the best to you and thank you for sharing your work!

Welcome back brother, final numbers are in and Advanced led won big . :)

i use prozap insect guards and never have had any insect problems. lot of people dont like the idea of them , but they work.

Welcome back from your months vacation dude :) We've missed you on here so behave yourself in future ;):) :thumb:

Glad you're back ive been very interested in this outcome:)

Hope the vacation was a fun one :goof::woohoo:and not a VACATION:oops:.....:)

That H snow is long flowering sat dom strain right?? how long you plan she will take/how much longer till you harvest??

I moved the temp/humidity monitor out and into another tent as seems pretty stable at 75-80 F and 40-60% RH depending on weather of the day and how much my A/C unit has to work.

On the left side....A TopLED 96X3 W Reflector series, 96-3W diodes draw power 170-200 W(from Reflector LED Grow Light - Led Grow Lights) --- $176.39/each

On the right Side ... An Advanced LED DS 200, 100-3w Diodes, draw power 185 W(from NEW - Diamond Series LEDs - Extreme 3w LED Technology - Advanced LED Grow Lights) $545.00 each

My landlord wants money for rent, i need money to pay for food, insurance, bills, car, stuff for the grow room, everything! So to me cost in cold hard cash is an important factor to consider.

For those of us who may be in the same boat, I'd like to introduce a new value parameter; Actual Watt per Dollar. This is what you pay per watt out of the wall. I believe the watts out of the wall are more relevant to actual yield than the watts on the name of the lamp. IOW more watts out of the wall = more bud**.

(Cost of lamp / Watt from the wall)

Advanced
(545 / 185 = 2.94)

Top LED
(170/177 = 0.96)

So, with the Advanced lamp above, you're paying $2.94 per watt out of the wall. With the TopLED you are paying 0.96 cents per watt out of the wall.

Another way to look at it is this, If we round off to the nearest dollar, $545 is 307.91% of $177. By the numbers, the Advanced light would have to produce exactly 207.91% more bud (quality being equal) than the TopLED in order to be equal in value to the TopLED. (Example: TopLED side harvest = 2 Oz. dry, then Advanced would have to come in at 6.15 Oz. dry to come in at equal value.) Even with a 20% variance either way, even with the much better spectrum, even with the magic diamond diodes from outer space powered by antimatter, I highly doubt that the Advanced lamp will get anywhere even close to that. Mind you, I would LOVE to be wrong, but I am not holding out much hope. Given the last update, the buds on both the Advanced and the TopLED sides seemed pretty much even; any difference being at most negligible.

**Now, there may be a flaw with this logic and that is to do with the quality of the light. I will admit that I leave room in my thinking for the better quality light from the more expensive lamps to make some difference. However, I do not think this difference is enough to make up for the delta in price. Additionally, in this side by side test it does not seem to be making any difference at all thus far.

Hey Serephim, your logic is pretty much the same as mine, except for one important adjustment...

if the more expensive light does indeed produce lets say, 10-25% better bud, that extra % at the top end is much harder to obtain then the middle percentile. So the cost comparison to quality at high end weed grower is not 1:1.

to put it another way, with growing pot in general IMO, it not too hard to grow good weed, but growing REAL good weed is a whole new level of difficulty.

That last 10% is much harder to get too then the 10% before it and so on, if 100% is cannabis cup type weed.

But I do not see the Advanced light being any perceptible difference better so far.

I will update soon, I have been lax. they just budding along, no real observable major differences between the sides.

My landlord wants money for rent, i need money to pay for food, insurance, bills, car, stuff for the grow room, everything! So to me cost in cold hard cash is an important factor to consider.

For those of us who may be in the same boat, I'd like to introduce a new value parameter; Actual Watt per Dollar. This is what you pay per watt out of the wall. I believe the watts out of the wall are more relevant to actual yield than the watts on the name of the lamp. IOW more watts out of the wall = more bud**.

(Cost of lamp / Watt from the wall)

Advanced
(545 / 185 = 2.94)

Top LED
(170/177 = 0.96)

So, with the Advanced lamp above, you're paying $2.94 per watt out of the wall. With the TopLED you are paying 0.96 cents per watt out of the wall.

Another way to look at it is this, If we round off to the nearest dollar, $545 is 307.91% of $177. By the numbers, the Advanced light would have to produce exactly 207.91% more bud (quality being equal) than the TopLED in order to be equal in value to the TopLED. (Example: TopLED side harvest = 2 Oz. dry, then Advanced would have to come in at 6.15 Oz. dry to come in at equal value.) Even with a 20% variance either way, even with the much better spectrum, even with the magic diamond diodes from outer space powered by antimatter, I highly doubt that the Advanced lamp will get anywhere even close to that. Mind you, I would LOVE to be wrong, but I am not holding out much hope. Given the last update, the buds on both the Advanced and the TopLED sides seemed pretty much even; any difference being at most negligible.

**Now, there may be a flaw with this logic and that is to do with the quality of the light. I will admit that I leave room in my thinking for the better quality light from the more expensive lamps to make some difference. However, I do not think this difference is enough to make up for the delta in price. Additionally, in this side by side test it does not seem to be making any difference at all thus far.

I dont know the Top led par/watt reading for the reflector panel but if its similar to the Mars II 400w than the DS200 has almost double par/watt at 18" this measurement tells you how much light your getting per energy consumed.
so even if you have 177w from the reflector panel doesnt mean your getting the same amount of light as 177w of the DS200.
just another factor to think about. :)

I feel if your on a tight budget you go with what you can , then upgrade when you can.

OK now you are talking a different thing. Quality.

If using the high end LEDs leads to better quality when compared to using lower end LEDs then that is something I have not considered. If this is the case then it merits more study because quality is #1 in by book.

The thought of getting better bud using a better lamp is very enticing. Is this really true? Is there any info out there on this? (oh wait! That is one of the questions this side by side will answer!!)

Hey Serephim, your logic is pretty much the same as mine, except for one important adjustment...

if the more expensive light does indeed produce lets say, 10-25% better bud, that extra % at the top end is much harder to obtain then the middle percentile. So the cost comparison to quality at high end weed grower is not 1:1.

to put it another way, with growing pot in general IMO, it not too hard to grow good weed, but growing REAL good weed is a whole new level of difficulty.

That last 10% is much harder to get too then the 10% before it and so on, if 100% is cannabis cup type weed.

But I do not see the Advanced light being any perceptible difference better so far.

I will update soon, I have been lax. they just budding along, no real observable major differences between the sides.

I dont know the Top led par/watt reading for the reflector panel but if its similar to the Mars II 400w than the DS200 has almost double par/watt at 18" this measurement tells you how much light your getting per energy consumed.
so even if you have 177w from the reflector panel doesnt mean your getting the same amount of light as 177w of the DS200.
just another factor to think about. :)

Agreed. This would have to be accounted for in a more refined equation. Yes sir.

I feel if your on a tight budget you go with what you can , then upgrade when you can.

Of course, agreed.

I can say that my AK48 #3 grown under High Pressure Sodium lights when vaporized in an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer produced 4 bags of dense vapor but the same genetics AK48 #3 when grown under a Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x produced 6-7 bags of dense vapor.

With Ronnie's Advance vs Lush comparison grow finishing with Advanced as the winner & this grow looking level pegging up to now, it's really showing that spending thousands on LED lights is fairly pointless.

I think what really needs to happen is a true grow off. This is something I may do in the near future. Three lights HPS, LED brand 1 and LED brand 2 all covering the same area as intended with all other things kept 100% the same. After the grow is complete get weights and then send all 3 samples to the lab for test.... That is the only way to get true answers.

Back
Top Bottom