AK-48 Planted 10-19-15 From Seed

Up to a point more light is always better. You can cause sunburn but you have to be close.

Not we were talking about pinching off the upper growth the get the lower growth going and then chopping off the top. Did you pinch? is the plant doing what I wanted it to do? Is it time to top the main stem and get the plant sized right?

It sure looks like from the pics that the bottom is taking off like we want and it may be time to take off the top like we talked about.

You should probably do it right under the next one. The farther from what you want to grow the better.

every time there is damage hormones get released in that area causing it to not grow forcing the sugars to go into healing. so where you have been pinching should not be growing. the other areas are getting all of the nutes and sugars from photosynthesis and they are taking off.

So when you take the top off you want that spot as far from the rest of the plant as possible.

You sound depressed that everything is working out? :hmmmm:

It will survive if the stuff below is going strong.

One of these days you will learn about lollipoping and you will freak how much you cut off to make the plant better.

Like this? Please say yes!
68_003.jpg
68_002.jpg

Yup that is beautiful. Get some good high res picks of new growth posted too so we can see what you do. I bet you new growth is great and we are well on our way to recovery.

Even if not...it will work out. I have helped a lot worse. Did you read the journal I linked you to in the beginning? He has 4 foot tall plants we are taking all the way down.

Hey V. Just got home and lights are off for another hour or so. Ill get some pics up tonight that hopefully reflect their state a bit better than recent photos. And yes I have been looking at that journal quite often. His tea, and yours as well, look a lot better than mine.. I don't know if I had enough air or sugar (I used molasses) because I didn't see all that bubbling action. It was a little fizzy but it never really expanded. Temp of the tea was in the low 70's.. My little aerator pump only uses one tube as well. Not sure, I'll make sure and have the proper things for next time tho.

You will be fine. I find that as soon as I add the water it starts to bubble a little. But yeah the more air the better.

That is a great thing but really if you have good soil it is not that important. I just recommend it for reconditioning after a flush. It is great for many things but you will be fine. many people do great grows with crappy soil.

One day at a time with these recovery projects. We will get there. your plant was showing great signs of rebound already so we probably will see a good jump after tonights light cycle.

Mine come on soon....ah we are in synch :)

Are you running 18 / 6?

LOL. I picked this time so lights are off during hot part of the day. When I started in Oct it mattered.. And I don't think I can do this in the summer, not in the apt. I'm in, 3rd floor all windows face west and there is nothing blocking the sun even a smidgin, It's just full blast. The plan was to have the tent in the bedroom away from windows, but the better half needs her beauty rest and after I started she saw how often I zip the tent open and sit in front of it and stare.. She made me move it... I think I can change her mind but it's a little soon yet.

And yes I'm doing 18/6

The yellowing underneath is because of lack of nitrogen. It will be fine the leaves we care about haven't formed yet. When was the last watering? I am in too many journals. Also that one is in shock from the trim. It will come back fine. I think you flushed and then gave them the tea but it was not very strong maybe and that is probably a good thing. so we may want to add a light dose of nutes and Cal Mag as soon as it dries. Unless you already did that after the flush.

The weird leaf is also from a lack of nutes. You had some bad lockout I suspect. I will have to reread the journal to confirm what you starting point was again.

I think in general all 3 of those are looking good. How tall is your space? Do you plan on training them?

I think they are looking much healthier now. But I think there is still some light stress. not a lot but it could be an issue in bloom if the light can not be raised any.

How many grows have you done?

I think you want to consider bending the two you didn't top over like this.

Training11.jpg

And then in like a week start bloom if the new growth all still looks good.

It's been 2 days since last water. And I haven't added any nutes except what was in the tea since I flushed. And I didn't add any extra when making the tea. The strongest N value was 4 and that was the alfalfa.

My tent is 5'7" and it can go to 6'7" and I would like to train, I just don't know which method is suitable in my situation.

Back
Top Bottom