Alaskey Purplish RDWC

Damn living like royalty over there!
Do you guys have poke places out there? Its a hawaiian fish salad. Usually raw tuna. But its grown and gotten Americanized so you can find all sorts of other fish, shrimp. I like octopus, so I get that.

In Hawaii, in a small town, you may find poke in the deli counter. In Hawaii I like the tuna. Unbelievably tastey, with a light Asian sauce over rice... chomp

Yeah we do but I'm allergic to fish and seafood. I was thinking about hitting up the taco shop down the street for some asada fries and a Sonoran dog.
Is the dog compassionately euthanized before its served?

Good morning all. Sun is out and life is good. And yes Shed the wind found us. Nothing biblical, but the day is young.

Plants are doing well... let's face it, not much has happened since my last report... a couple hours ago haha. Anyway, I'm bored.

Under lovely HPS light, you can see they are both vertical. The one with the caul has lost one of its natal leaves. The other isn't looking so bitchen, so im thinking a feeding may be in order sooner than later. It would be very light and probably foliar considering the roots. Just a splash of Rhizo Blast... very very light.

With the recent decision of the last Alaskey to live, and my decision to start 2 more, I may wind up with too many plants. Not that 5 is a legal thing, but its maxing out my room in the hydro rig. 4 is just about it for a this system in my style of grow. Not that I would ever want to see my younglings die, but maybe some may have to go. I will grow them to see which are strongest, and cull at least 1. Once the roots hit the water we'll see what we're working with.

It was chilly last night. I left the "chiller" on so the water is downright frosty.
I saw a group of spider mites reenactment the Titanic sinking in the res. The string quartet was a nice touch.

Man, I hate this part... the waiting. Ugh, Gen Hydro needs to come up with a time machine. I can't wait till toppin time. Got a ways to go though.

The soil plant is diligently growing far far away. This will continue for another couple weeks till its a bit more established then we'll pick it up. I need to write the strain name down, having a bear of a time remembering it, but I smoke pot.

Er... In the '90s, I ran 23-gallon DWC reservoirs in SCROG setups, and the roots looked like that (a little whiter, maybe ;) ). I never used a special root product, and roots always took over the reservoir spaces. Not the entire things - but you might only get 13 gallons - or 7 - of nutrient solution in one when you came home and discovered that it was "empty." That was with a growth phase that's lengthier than a lot of people's, though, because each one was expected to fill its own eight square foot screen. So those plants' root systems might have been noticeably smaller than yours in the time that they live, IDK. I kind of miss those SCROG grows. Which is ironic, because I disliked them a little more each night at training time.

IDK; if I was an accredited scientist, I'd be getting paid exorbitant amounts for doing something dastardly. I've read that - about the silicon forms, not that it'd give me long-lasting pH issues (which it didn't) - and it seemed to make sense at the time. But the MSDS for Armor Si lists silicic acid two or three times. Plus, the silicon supplement gets added to the water first, then everything else - which acidifies the solution somewhat. That probably causes some portion of the silicon to precipitate, and I'd be unsurprised if something or other in the other stuff ended up reacting with the whatever substance the silicon was a part of. Not everything we pour into the reservoir is still in that form when the plant's roots "get hold of it."

I did do a quick web search and found this image that lists percentage of available silicon for several products. Armor Si isn't on it ;( - but one of the Power Si products is, although it doesn't state which one.
untitled-png.png

Yeah, I know; that's why I had both products. I hope the thief couldn't read and killed all his plants with the DKB 💢 . Or got caught by the next person he tried to rip off, and got shot in the right temple.

Silica isn't an element that you WANT a ton of. Too much tends to stunt verticle growth and you start losing the benefits. Monosilicic acid is widely regarded as the most available of any Silica molecule. It comes down to the geometry of the molecule. Potassium Silica is bonded together in chains, monosilicic gets inside the plant 1 molecule at a time. Like you pointed out, some Potassium based products have monosilicic acid in them, which is why some work better than others. But pure monosilicic products don't have a 25% (according to the chart) concentration, because they don't need it. Which is why Power Si has a dosage of .5ml per gallon instead of 5ml, or more, for a cheap Potassium based product. Power Si dosages of 1.5ml are recommended to control sativas that are gonna be a size problem. So there's no need to look at a chart that isn't apples to apples. A Potassium product wouldn't even register in the plant at 10% the recommended dose. So, lets look at it like this. How could monosilicic acid work so much better than Potassium Silica at 1/10 the dose, with less Silica to start... your chart won't be of any help on this, monosilicic acid and its bioavailability.

Monosilicic acid prices are ridiculous, theres no other way to put it. but they are coming down. I completely understand not wanting to buy it now. But when the prices get within reason, give it a try. Its nothing like Potassium Silica.

Good morning Stltoed :passitleft:its like watching grass grow at this stage. Wait it is grass growing :hmmmm: well you know what I mean.
Haha gotcha.

How are you and your new plants? Should I stop by?

Not much to see still waiting for 1 more to come up.
What the hell! Why do they take so long. Well, they are girls... must be putting on makeup! Fuckin plants (with my own thread i can start saying that again hurray!)

I dropped a morning glory seed last night.

Will be checking in on it later and into a rooter by tonight.

Candida by Medical Marijuana Genetics, and hardly that far away. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ok, good to know, I'll get a tattoo. I guess the distance can't be measured light years, so yeah, I suppose you're right. I was channeling Star Wars. Haha

We all loved laserium at the Hayden Planetarium (at the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan) in the mid-70's. So cool!

:welldone:
Lazarium. Back when 8 bit video games ruled, Kenny Roger's was the gambler, and the annual air quality in LA was measured by new cases of asthma in children, you know, the good ol days

My dishwasher is on the blink. It seems to work, but theres a mysterious lagoon of off colored water left in the bottom when the cycle is over. I found the pump is good, so I cranked up the air compressor and blew it out. Like the nastiest spit wad, a projectile of ghosts from dinners past flew across the kitchen and destroyed itself on the far wall, narrowly missing my son. He quietly picked up the magazine he was reading and moved to the livingroom. I was purple, gasping for breath, rolling around in fetid water laughing my monkey ass off! God damn that was funny. That little wad was hauling crackers. while I'm glad it didn't hit him... I think I would have gone into full body spasms if it did. Oh yeah. Dishwasher is fixed

Back
Top Bottom