Amazon

As long as you get free shipping they are competitive, but more competitive on some products than others, shop around a little. I like the fact I don’t have to go into town to get something, particularly if I’m not in a hurry for it.
Thanks

A.N. is overpriced ! It's no better than most other nutes either. I use to use them. But I get the same results with Mega Crop for a hell of a lot less. I hear a lot of good things about Geo-Flora nutes. Sprinkle some on top the soil every 2 weeks & just add water after that. I have some on the way now to try out. I've tried at least 7-8 different nute lines. I haven't found any to be far superior to the others. Only big difference is the number of bottles you have to mix & the price.

Sometimes the prices on amazon are inflated. A lot of gardening stuff seems to be marked up especially.
Nutrients are one of those things. Soil is another. You want a bale of Promix?
Be ready to pay 4 or 5 times the retail price. Usually, you can save some money by shopping locally.
Mega Crop is quite a bit cheaper on the manufacturers website. You can search for a coupon code and save even more.

I used to grow with AN but got tired off all the measuring/mixing with ml's.

Moved on to Mega Crop one part, IF they have the smaller quantities in stock it is Cheap !

Or the Flora series, GH Maxi series is another option. Basically powder, one for veg, another for flower.

Dead simple, measure by tsp or weight.

And get four times the mileage for the same cost of AN ;)

Cheers

I used to grow with AN but got tired off all the measuring/mixing with ml's.

Moved on to Mega Crop one part, IF they have the smaller quantities in stock it is Cheap !

Or the Flora series, GH Maxi series is another option. Basically powder, one for veg, another for flower.

Dead simple, measure by tsp or weight.

And get four times the mileage for the same cost of AN ;)

Cheers
options so many options

A.N. is overpriced ! It's no better than most other nutes either. I use to use them. But I get the same results with Mega Crop for a hell of a lot less. I hear a lot of good things about Geo-Flora nutes. Sprinkle some on top the soil every 2 weeks & just add water after that. I have some on the way now to try out. I've tried at least 7-8 different nute lines. I haven't found any to be far superior to the others. Only big difference is the number of bottles you have to mix & the price.
Finally somebody said it! A.N is over priced they literally just made a video saying they make their base cheap because all the additives you’ll need “hit the switch” lol

Well, I guess over priced is relative, he, he..

IIRC the cost/plant with AN was less than $20. And the lowest return per plant was 8oz.

Cheers
They definitely work but you can’t deny the green tax they’ve added with all the additives you need!
That cost significantly changes when you have 8-10 lights. My goal is lower overhead cost and the nutrients I’m running cost-per-mixed-gallon at retail: $0.15 following the heavy feed chart.

Back on topic! Amazon does mark stuff up but if you can’t get to a hydroponic store it’s definitely worth it! I still order all my ph down etc from there because what I spend in gas driving in town balances out with the Amazon mark up!

They definitely work but you can’t deny the green tax they’ve added with all the additives you need!
That cost significantly changes when you have 8-10 lights. My goal is lower overhead cost and the nutrients I’m running cost-per-mixed-gallon at retail: $0.15 following the heavy feed chart.[quote/]
Agree.

I can't imagine growing any more than four plants at a time with the cost of AN.
Back on topic! Amazon does mark stuff up but if you can’t get to a hydroponic store it’s definitely worth it! I still order all my ph down etc from there because what I spend in gas driving in town balances out with the Amazon mark up!
I absolutely love having stuff delivered to my mail box !

A mile and a half to the box is a lot shorter than a trip to town, he, he...

But, even with free Prime shipping some items on Amazon are more expensive. You still need to shop around.

Cheers

Well, I guess over priced is relative, he, he..

IIRC the cost/plant with AN was less than $20. And the lowest return per plant was 8oz.

Cheers
I bought the $100 bag of MC. That bag will grow 12 plants at a time 4-5 times per year & last me 2+ years. That being said.... A.N. is over priced. Might cost me $2.00 in MC to grow a plant at the very most. I believe it's even less than that.

I guess I'm shopping the wrong Hydro Stores, because most the time I get a better price on Amazon. I bought a gal. of Silica on Amazon for under $75 & it was $120 at the Hydro store. I only use a certain brand though which is Alchemist Stout Mono-Silicic Acid (Si). The Cherry on Top strain I grow sometimes has weak stems so I need it to grow that one.
But the weed is So good it's worth it.

I guess I'm shopping the wrong Hydro Stores, because most the time I get a better price on Amazon. I bought a gal. of Silica on Amazon for under $75 & it was $120 at the Hydro store. I only use a certain brand though which is Alchemist Stout Mono-Silicic Acid (Si). The Cherry on Top strain I grow sometimes has weak stems so I need it to grow that one.
But the weed is So good it's worth it.
Have you considered using diatomaceous earth, much cheaper and supplies silicon to the plant. You can mix it into the nutes or just sprinkle it on the soil surface. Bonus is the powder kills many pests.

Back
Top Bottom