Amnesia Haze & Caramel Cream In Hydro

I honestly never judge my nutes by ppm

Only reason I test it, in DWC, is to see if it's rising or falling, but heck this lastest grow of c99 x blueberry I really haven't even done that

I do a % of nutes so I know they are on point, ppm is really irrelevant at that point

pH can be an issue, what nutes ya using? Sorry for not reading back but I'm lazy...lol

I kinda do the same with my pH.
If it's around 5.9-6.3 when I'm all mixed up I roll with it. It never gets below 5.9 after I mix so I even forget to check it at times

I honestly never judge my nutes by ppm

Only reason I test it, in DWC, is to see if it's rising or falling, but heck this lastest grow of c99 x blueberry I really haven't even done that

I do a % of nutes so I know they are on point, ppm is really irrelevant at that point

pH can be an issue, what nutes ya using? Sorry for not reading back but I'm lazy...lol

I kinda do the same with my pH.
If it's around 5.9-6.3 when I'm all mixed up I roll with it. It never gets below 5.9 after I mix so I even forget to check it at times

LMAO! Thanks, Scorpio. I'm laughing 'cause you said what you do when you're "all mixed up." That's just the kind of advice I need 'cause I'm always all mixed up! BTW, I'm using the General Hydroponics Trio, and some Terpinator (also Calmag and Hydroguard).

LMAO! Thanks, Scorpio. I'm laughing 'cause you said what you do when you're "all mixed up." That's just the kind of advice I need 'cause I'm always all mixed up! BTW, I'm using the General Hydroponics Trio, and some Terpinator (also Calmag and Hydroguard).
Basically same nutes I'm using

If yer using tap water, what ppm is it, buffers could be messing with yer pH

Wrongo marry Lou....lol

Micro after calmag

Be sure those two mix for awhile before you add the next

It usually takes me like an HR to mix my nutes

I use Power Si, silica, so after the 1st three items I'm easily at 30-40min time of mixing. I use a bubbler to mix the nutes

Wrongo marry Lou....lol

Micro after calmag

Be sure those two mix for awhile before you add the next

It usually takes me like an HR to mix my nutes

I use Power Si, silica, so after the 1st three items I'm easily at 30-40min time of mixing. I use a bubbler to mix the nutes
Okay, Scorpio. I will make the adjustment by moving the Hydroguard to last in.

pH falls in bloom naturally mate. To combat it you go in at 6.3-6.5 and adjust it back up if it hits 5.7.
That gives you the best range to absorb everything.
If it's dropping too fast it means your nutes are the wrong strength.
The idea is to keep the ppm steady. So say youre going in at 800 and it rises to 1000. That means they only want like 500 so don't top it up. Just empty it and figure out what strength it should be.
If you're having to fix the ppm and pH with a top up then the original dose is wrong.
The pH should only be going off by 0.1-0.2 per day. Any more and it's the ppm that needs fixed to stop it happening.
Keep the ppm on point and you'll rarely ever need to worry about the pH.
Should be around 600 for those to keep it all steady I'd say.
Full strength pk, quarter strength nutes, wee bit calmag. Something like that.
Barney, I'm using the nutes at precise levels per gallon, and generally I use them at less than the manufacturers recommend level. Once they are added, the ppm is what it is. How would I go for a target ppm value?

6/1 (66)

Feeding day. I’m increasing the level of CaliMagic from ½ tsp. per gal to 1 tsp per gal (thanks, @West Hippie). All other nutrient levels remain the same. Also, I will ph water to 6.5. Thanks to a fellow grower (thanks @Barney86 ), I learned that ph in the reservoir naturally drops during the flowering stage. By starting at the high end of the scale I can be assured that at some point, the ph level will hit the sweet spot of 5.8. Also, I putting FloraMicro in after CaliMag (thanks @Chris Scorpio).

Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 1170 -- PH 5.6
Plant 2: PPM 902 -- PH 5.7
Plant 3: PPM 813 -- PH 5.1

New Water:

CaliMagic: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraMicro: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraGrow: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraBloom: 6 tsp (1 1/2 per gal)
Terpinator: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
Hydroguard: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 6.5, PPM 1000

Once again, Plant 1 seems out of whack. Why is the ppm so high? When I last fed these the ppm of the nutes I put in was 850. Between then and now I topped plants twice. The first time with a nutrient mix that was at half the level of the feed mix. The second time, with plain water and CalMag at a ph of 5.8.

Plant 1 (Amnesia Haze) is the biggest of the bunch and despite the leaf discoloration that surfaced recently, seems to growing well. Plant 2 (also Am Haze) is shorter than #1 but has more robust bud growth and a stronger odor. Plant 3 (Caramel Creme) has mostly white pistils but is filling in nicely.

In the pics here, P1 (Haze) is front left, P2 (Haze) is behind P1 and P3 (Creme) is on the right.

Grow 3 D66.JPG

Grow 3 D66a.JPG

Grow 3 D66b.JPG

I've been
I found this in frequently asked questions
31B6AA4A-AB3D-45E6-957A-06D1C6A5771A.jpeg
Thanks again, Hippie. I'm sure these 3 gallon buckets have at least something to do with my ph issues because the water disappears almost daily. My next grow will be in 5 gallons!

I've been

Thanks again, Hippie. I'm sure these 3 gallon buckets have at least something to do with my ph issues because the water disappears almost daily. My next grow will be in 5 gallons!
I didn’t realize you were in 3s , won’t those lids fit a 5 gallon?

I didn’t realize you were in 3s , won’t those lids fit a 5 gallon?
Yeah, they will. I've got 2 new five gallon pots that (I hope) don't require air stones. Can't wait to try them!

Yeah, they will. I've got 2 new five gallon pots that (I hope) don't require air stones. Can't wait to try them!
I guess we will find out , must still be similar to soil the bigger the pot bigger the plant !

6/2 (67)

Topped each plant with 1 gallon of water – ph 6.5, ppm 480. Plant 1 continues to act up. I upped the CalMag dose on the last feed and am not sure what else to do other than be patient.

6/5 (70)

Checked the ppm and ph of the trio.

P1 – ph 6.7, ppm 1500 (!)
P2 – pd 6.2, ppm 1900 (!!)
P3 – ph 7.1, ppm 950

I don’t know what to make of these numbers. I’m beginning to think my TDS meter is a piece of crap. Or maybe my ph meter is a piece of crap. Something is not right.

Anyway, I topped each plant with plain water, ph 6.5.

Plant 1 needed 1 gallon, P2 needed one and P3 needed 1.5.

Had to adjust ph down after adding water. I will measure ppm later on. Also, I’m going to calibrate my piece of crap ph meter.

6/6 (71)

I calibrated my ph pen last night and it is, indeed, a piece of crap. It’s off by about +.2 I’ll need to replace it as soon as I can. For now, I’ll keep this flaw in mind when setting the ph. I think I should be safe setting ph at 6.0.

I tested the ppm and ph of each plant.

P1 – ph 5.9, ppm 1305
P2 – ph 5.8, ppm 1335
P3 – ph 5.9, ppm 712

These numbers are better than yesterday’s, but ppm is still too high on P1 and P2 (or is it?). I gave P2 about ½ gallon of plain ph’d water (6.0) because that’s all I had on hand. Will top P2 once I get some more water prepared.

As for P3, I am going to transfer her to a 5-gallon bucket. This Amnesia Haze strain takes about 100 days to mature and it’s just on day 71. So I’m thinking a month in a bigger bucket might get her a little bigger due to more root space or it may have no effect at all. I don’t think it will hurt her though. (And I want to use one of my new buckets that doesn’t require an air stone!) To do this, I’m mixing 4 gallons of water with half of the nutrient solution I used during the last feeding. I will add P3’s existing water to the 5 gallon bucket and then top off with the ½ strength solution until the bucket contains 4 gallons. Then, I'll adjust ph to 6.0 if necessary.

I’ll post pictures of my new “taller” P3 and the other ladies when I’m done.

6/2 (67)

Topped each plant with 1 gallon of water – ph 6.5, ppm 480. Plant 1 continues to act up. I upped the CalMag dose on the last feed and am not sure what else to do other than be patient.

6/5 (70)

Checked the ppm and ph of the trio.

P1 – ph 6.7, ppm 1500 (!)
P2 – pd 6.2, ppm 1900 (!!)
P3 – ph 7.1, ppm 950

I don’t know what to make of these numbers. I’m beginning to think my TDS meter is a piece of crap. Or maybe my ph meter is a piece of crap. Something is not right.

Anyway, I topped each plant with plain water, ph 6.5.

Plant 1 needed 1 gallon, P2 needed one and P3 needed 1.5.

Had to adjust ph down after adding water. I will measure ppm later on. Also, I’m going to calibrate my piece of crap ph meter.

6/6 (71)

I calibrated my ph pen last night and it is, indeed, a piece of crap. It’s off by about +.2 I’ll need to replace it as soon as I can. For now, I’ll keep this flaw in mind when setting the ph. I think I should be safe setting ph at 6.0.

I tested the ppm and ph of each plant.

P1 – ph 5.9, ppm 1305
P2 – ph 5.8, ppm 1335
P3 – ph 5.9, ppm 712

These numbers are better than yesterday’s, but ppm is still too high on P1 and P2. I gave P2 about ½ gallon of plain ph’d water (6.0) because that’s all I had on hand. Will top P2 once I get some more water prepared.

As for P3, I am going to transfer her to a 5-gallon bucket. This Amnesia Haze strain takes about 100 days to mature and it’s just on day 71. So I’m thinking a month in a bigger bucket might get her a little bigger due to more root space or it may have no effect at all. I don’t think it will hurt her though. (And I want to use one of my new buckets that doesn’t require an air stone!) To do this, I’m mixing 4 gallons of water with half of the nutrient solution I used during the last feeding. I will add P3’s existing water to the 5 gallon bucket and then top off with the ½ strength solution until the bucket contains 4 gallons. Then, I adjust ph to 6.0 if necessary.

I’ll post pictures of my new “taller” P3 and the other ladies when I’m done.
Bob brown replied to a post yesterday about calcium, you need more of it and less magnesium. So that explains why my nutrients ph Perfect starts at 5.5 ph where’s the calcium,it’s at 5.8 and down ! My ph stays below 5.8 for 5 to 7 days. Then magnesium is 5.8 and up , if you start feeding magnesium before calcium it locks your calcium out ! You need very little magnesium and a lot of calcium.
You do need air in that bucket !
You didn’t accidentally hit the ec button on p1&p2 ?

Finished moving P3 to the 5 gal. bucket. Water in new bucket has a ph of 6.0 (hopefully) and ppm of 580. Ha, ha. Just like that, P3 is as tall as P1!

Grow 3 D71.JPG

P1 moving right along, despite weird ppm levels.

Grow 3 D71b.JPG

P3 has the fattest, biggest buds so far. I just can't seem to get a pic that does it justice.

Grow 3 D71c.JPG

Bob brown replied to a post yesterday about calcium, you need more of it and less magnesium. So that explains why my nutrients ph Perfect starts at 5.5 ph where’s the calcium,it’s at 5.8 and down ! My ph stays below 5.8 for 5 to 7 days. Then magnesium is 5.8 and up , if you start feeding magnesium before calcium it locks your calcium out ! You need very little magnesium and a lot of calcium.
You do need air in that bucket !
You didn’t accidentally hit the ec button on p1&p2 ?
Hey, Hippie! No, I didn't accidentally measure ec. Wish that was the case!

My ph seems to have consistently fallen during this grow, so I don't think that starting at 5.5 is an option for me unless I want to constantly measuring and adjusting up. I'm too lazy for that. I think that after this grow, I will move to Advanced Nutrients Perfect ph! I like the way you describe it working for you! I don't mind checking ph daily, as long as I don't have to constantly make adjustments.

In my new bucket the hose from the air pump plugs into the top of the water level tube and bubbles up the water in the bucket. To check the water level, you merely turn off the pump or disconnect the hose from the top of the tube. Then the water level shows in the water level tube. Great convenience!

Grow 3 D71f.JPG

Hey, Hippie! No, I didn't accidentally measure ec. Wish that was the case!

My ph seems to have consistently fallen during this grow, so I don't think that starting at 5.5 is an option for me unless I want to constantly measuring and adjusting up. I'm too lazy for that. I think that after this grow, I will move to Advanced Nutrients Perfect ph! I like the way you describe it working for you! I don't mind checking ph daily, as long as I don't have to make any adjustments.

In my new bucket the hose from the air pump plugs into the top of the water level tube and bubbles up the water in the bucket. To check the water level, you merely turn off the pump or disconnect the hose from the top of the tube. Then the water level shows in the water level tube. Great convenience!
In the five gallon bucket you’ll need the 5.5 ph , cause it’s gonna solve your problem! I’d change those 3 gallon buckets yesterday! Your girls will thank you later !
We can’t have that falling ph indicates root problems .

In the five gallon bucket you’ll need the 5.5 ph , cause it’s gonna solve your problem! I’d change those 3 gallon buckets yesterday! Your girls will thank you later !
We can’t have that falling ph indicates root problems .
Well, I only bought 2 of those 5 gals., so I can change out one today but not the other. I will probably change P1, because P2, despite everything, has fat stinky buds.

I will get another 5 gal when I can. I also need a new ph pen and perhaps a new tds pen. I also have my eyes on a new light, Phlizon CREE COB 3000W LED Plant Grow Light and a second tent. Finally, I want the Advanced Nutrients series.

On top of all this, there is a person in this house (of the female persuasion) that thinks I'm spending too much money on my new hobby, and I don't have a good counter argument. You feel me? LOL

Back
Top Bottom