An Imperfect Grow Part 2

Day 1 update -

PPFD 200, DLI 13, 18/6

Spraying twice per day with Rhizotonic mixed in.

Seedlings seem to be doing ok. One looks a bit strange but hopefully it'll stretch out fully overnight. I have hard water and a Calcium/Magnesium imbalance. I'm planning on correcting this with Magnesium Mono going foward. I'm also going to start letting the chlorine evaporate off first.

Average VPD is more like 1.1 kPa which is a little out of range but not massively. The main thing I'm missing is the humidifier and the RO water to go in it!

IMG_5836.JPG
How are the girls doing?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good thanks!

We're at day 5 now. Schedule is the same though I've added a bit of Magnesium to even out my water. I'm still struggling with humidity as the humidifier I ordered didn't arrive. I've resorted back to the wet towel for another week 😤 .

IMG_5865.JPG
Humidity couldn't be that bad they look good.
Nice and healthy.
Keep the light close so they don't stretch.
That lonely girl in the garden looks happy too.
Keep up the good work Amigo.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Ok so we're about to go into Week 2. The seeds seem to be doing well but possibly a bit leggy. This next week I'll be upping the light and hoping my humidifier finally turns up.

I'm going away for a couple of nights so they are going to miss 3/4 waters. Hopefully a full drench will last them - @Emilya do you think they can survive a full water yet?

Week 2 -

18/6
PPFD 300
DLI 19.4

Water - 5 sprays morning and night with Mono Magnesium and Rhizotonic

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5877.JPG
IMG_5876.JPG

Ok so we're about to go into Week 2. The seeds seem to be doing well but possibly a bit leggy. This next week I'll be upping the light and hoping my humidifier finally turns up.

I'm going away for a couple of nights so they are going to miss 3/4 waters. Hopefully a full drench will last them - @Emilya do you think they can survive a full water yet?

Week 2 -

18/6
PPFD 300
DLI 19.4

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5877.JPG
IMG_5876.JPG
Giving them a good drink and leaving them a couple nights won't do any harm.
Next time you up pot don't be afraid to fill the pot up.
There is an inch of valuable real estate going to waste in the pot.
Think of the extra water and roots the extra inch of soil could provide in that little pot.
Then think about an extra inch in a big one.
Little details are important. :Namaste:
But your girls are great, just need a touch more light.
Have a great day my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Week 2 -

18/6
PPFD 300
DLI 19.4

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5877.JPG
IMG_5876.JPG
Yes they should handle the full watering just fine. Once they stop swimming around and seem fully locked down, it is time to start your first wet/dry cycle

Ok quick update. One of my plants seems to be struggling! We’re at the start of another heatwave and this one doesn’t seem to be coping very well. I’m assuming it’s the high 90+ Temps.

Does this look like heat stress to you guys or something else?

I’ve ordered a couple of cheap co2 bags in the hope this will give me some leeway until I have a way to get my humidity/VPD up significantly.

8C2E9856-7096-451F-B221-21BDC2840480.jpeg

F43AB4EF-3392-40D4-9C12-E0B3816B66E9.jpeg

Morning Mat
Hope you're good buddie.
Yeah Emilya's got ya back..they need to dry out a bit between watering.

It's great to dial in a grow space and get it running with accordance to the latest science... but I've been growing for 20 years and only found out about DLI and VPD last year, and I've been getting good results without knowing.
you can end up chasing your tail looking for ideal.
At the mo you just need to concentrate on a wet dry cycle for the pot.

My 16 day old seedlings have only just made it to ~290ppfd...can they take 300ppfd from the off?...yes they can, but again that's in ideal conditions.
Keep it simple at first bud.
Give me a tag if needed.
Emilya has a good auto diary/thread going..all info there.
I've got one going in the auto section, come over and have a look. I'll help you out fella.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom