Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Especially considering I have two other strains in the identical soil mix. I took all my soil and perlite, mixed it all in one huge tub, then threw in in their pots. And identical nutes.

PH readings taken today were shocking, I expected worse. 6.1 runoff PH shouldn't make a plant go that apeshit.

But as of now, I just peeked in the cabinet, and all her leaves are perked back up. Tomorrow I'll go through and clean up any damaged leaves and see if the curl and burn happens again.

And hey man, I was just thinking about you wanting some cat piss a while back, I know this isn't the strain you were after, but a strain I grew previously, Medicann Cali Jack had quite a piss smell to it when growing, but went mostly skunky during the dry and cure (which were horribly done). Might be worth checking out if you're ever bored, but lower THC than you may be used to seeing.

15-20% THC
4% CBD

Regs and Fems available:
! Medicann Cali Jack Seeds - Herbies Seeds
! Medicann Cali Jack Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Thanks Antics. Just untied my babies and will see how they're feeling in the next two days. This thread was very helpful and so was the pic you showed me. I need to get some of those pipe cleaners. Anywho, You Are Awesome...:cheer:

The ribbon is actually my first choice. The pipe cleaners are only being used until I get some more ribbon. I believe that the ribbon, having a wider area of contact, in combination with the expansion loop, prevents the LST from cutting into the branches while she grows. The pipe cleaners also have a bunch of loose fibers that need to be cleaned off before using them.

Just some things to keep in mind when you make your decision. Both are pretty cheap though, and easy to find.

Especially considering I have two other strains in the identical soil mix. I took all my soil and perlite, mixed it all in one huge tub, then threw in in their pots. And identical nutes.

PH readings taken today were shocking, I expected worse. 6.1 runoff PH shouldn't make a plant go that apeshit.

But as of now, I just peeked in the cabinet, and all her leaves are perked back up. Tomorrow I'll go through and clean up any damaged leaves and see if the curl and burn happens again.

And hey man, I was just thinking about you wanting some cat piss a while back, I know this isn't the strain you were after, but a strain I grew previously, Medicann Cali Jack had quite a piss smell to it when growing, but went mostly skunky during the dry and cure (which were horribly done). Might be worth checking out if you're ever bored, but lower THC than you may be used to seeing.

15-20% THC
4% CBD

Regs and Fems available:
! Medicann Cali Jack Seeds - Herbies Seeds
! Medicann Cali Jack Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Hmm I'll take a peek. I'm so behind on popping seeds it's not even funny. As soon as this bloom cycles done I'll be caught up almost.

Hmm I'll take a peek. I'm so behind on popping seeds it's not even funny. As soon as this bloom cycles done I'll be caught up almost.

If you want to wait on it I have another Cali Jack seed I plan to pop for the next cycle, and you can see how it does under my LEDs.

My last grow of last year was a Cali Jack, and Power Flower.
Power Flower was Vegged 6 weeks.
Cali Jack was Vegged 5 weeks.

Both were in the same soil, same nutes, and same lighting. 14 CFLs, 361 total watts. Same training for both as well, FIM, and LST.

It did well in my opinion, considering the short Veg period. With a longer Veg, it should have a nice yield, the only downside is such a long flower time.

After 9 weeks flower, Power Flower yielded 1 ounce.
After 11 weeks flower, Cali Jack yielded 2 ounces.

That would be awesome.

I have power flower or maybe Blackwater going. Bonza mixed my seeds up. Still pissed hopefully it's a power flower so you can take a look.

Not what I'd expect from a sponsor, it was probably an honest mistake. Did you contact them and give them a chance to make things right for you?

The Power Flower strain I'm referring to was from Royal Queen Seeds. Not sure if there are other breeders running it but this one was Sativa dom, and not too bad overall, but I've grown better.

Not what I'd expect from a sponsor, it was probably an honest mistake. Did you contact them and give them a chance to make things right for you?

The Power Flower strain I'm referring to was from Royal Queen Seeds. Not sure if there are other breeders running it but this one was Sativa dom, and not too bad overall, but I've grown better.

Yes I did. In my garden thread I posted the exchange they told me I'd be able to tell the difference. Evidently there eyes are better than mine. Cause they looked very similar to me. So I won't buy from them again.

I was just in the grow and figured I'd take a few pictures as a quick update and just now realized its been 3 days since the last update anyways :rofl:

So Cotton Candy is on day 15 of 12/12. One lower fan leaf has yellowed, dried, and fell off today. The other will fall off in the next few days. Nice to see a nutrient that has a nice feeding schedule to reduce the nitrogen. My previous nutes, which I'm not allowed to name, were N heavy all through flower, and needed a massive flushing to let the plant start using up stored nutes. Other than that, I see no new problems or deficiencies to note here.

Cotton Candy:
IMG_20150531_081533_886.jpg

And a little closer:
IMG_20150531_081611_649.jpg

And closer again:
IMG_20150531_081658_085.jpg

SB#1 is also on day 15 of 12/12. No problems other than the red lines on the stems, which seems to be common with this strain. Her bud growth seems more aggressive than CC as well, even though she was Vegged for only 33 days.

Strawberry Blue #1:
IMG_20150531_081551_243.jpg

A little closer:
IMG_20150531_081625_736.jpg

And closer again:
IMG_20150531_081727_578.jpg

Strawberry Blue#2: No real update for SB#2. She's been in 12/12 for 3 days now, so there's nothing exciting going on right now. No problems or deficiencies. And no pictures. lol She's somewhat visible in the SB#1 picture above, but wasn't really worth an update. I'll get an update on her next time around.

And lastly, Big Bitch. 3 days ago I gave her a massive flush, since she kept having problems with curled/burning margins, which indicated a PH issue. PH runoff was 6.1 with 7.4 going in. So it wasn't too bad, but this seems to be a finicky pheno. After the flush, I removed all her damaged leaves, and 3 days later I only noticed one leaf with any burning on it, but it could have also been a spot I missed when trimming originally.

Leaves are still a little wilted, and she seems to be in a little shock over the flush and PH change, but so far so good. I have all of her branches LST'd, and she'll be flowered in the 1 gallon pot for shits and giggles. And because my 6-7 gallon pots are all in use. First come first served. She missed out. She's going to be an extremely compact plant, so we'll see what kind of Bud growth she shows.

EDIT: All 3 flowering plants currently have been defoliated at much as I would like, and now receive a maintenance defol every 3 days. So each day I defol 1 girl, which is typically just removing 3-5 leaves at a time, and haven't seen any shock or slow in growth.

First 2 weeks of flower I remove most of the leaves I need to. After that it's a 3 day cycle of just a few leaves until day 35 where defol stops unless absolutely necessary.

That would be awesome.

I have power flower or maybe Blackwater going. Bonza mixed my seeds up. Still pissed hopefully it's a power flower so you can take a look.

Yes I did. In my garden thread I posted the exchange they told me I'd be able to tell the difference. Evidently there eyes are better than mine. Cause they looked very similar to me. So I won't buy from them again.

Just read through and saw it all. I'd never guess strain by seed appearance, that's very amateur IMO.

Here's my journal where I grew Power Flower and Cali Jack: Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow

I have all the pictures as well on my PC in full resolution if you want any emailed.

As for the strains, PF wasn't bad, real nice Sativa, Flavorful to smoke and vape, but considering the fact that it was an early grow for me, and I was still learning, still using CFLs, and just had a very basic grow setup, even though CJ has a longer flower time, I'd take CJ over PF any day. Basically 2-3 more weeks breeder stated Veg time (8-9 weeks vs 11 weeks) I'll take an extra 2-3 weeks flowering to double my yield any day.

Power Flower was harvested on day 62 with about 1-2% Amber, but Ambers were steadily appearing (wanted a real heady high)
Cali Jack was harvested on day 76 with a large number of trichomes with a slight amber tint, but no solid amber.

Of course I've learned more since then, and could have easily let them both go another 1-2 weeks, I was just paranoid that I'd harvest too late, so I harvested a little early instead. But no failures really, the smoke quality has been great, and I still smoke Cali Jack on a daily basis.

The 3 girls in flower were just given a big healthy watering and feeding. It was a little early for Cotton Candy, but the other two were ready, so majority rules. I needed a real good watering for flower anyways to flush out any excess salts.

SB#2 is also being fed the same nute schedule as the other two, skipping the week 1 and week 2 schedule. Why? Because I'm not going to bother mixing a tiny batch, calculating all the ml and reducing it for her 1 gallon pot size.

Humboldt County's Own feeding regimen for weeks 3-5:

All measurements are per gallon of water:
5ml Micro
2.5ml Grow
5ml Bloom
5 ml Magnum
150 grams Sonic Bloom (Product is in powder form)
5ml G10
5ml Snow Storm Ultra
30ml Killer Tea

And that's about it for now :thumb:

No this is my first run with it. I bought a sample pack from Humboldt County's Own, which included the full line I believe, and a feeding schedule. I've been following the feeding schedule exactly, except where I mentioned above with the SB Clone #2.

Using a little more might help a little more, and I'm guessing that it works great with LED lighting to make up for the lower temps. But I can't say for sure. All I can say, is that the grow has been quite nice so far.

Here's what their website says about it, which I found really cool:
Snow Storm Ultra

A Humboldt County original.
This amino acid based product tricks the plant into thinking its heat stressed. The result is intense resin, fragrance and flavor production plus the well-known "frosted" look that growers love. We separated the Snow Storm from Purple Maxx and optimized it. No carbohydrates or sugar water. This is the real deal. An honest, one-of-a-kind product. The name says it all!

The sample pack can be purchased on their company website (Google search, since they're not a sponsor, I don't know if I can give the link here- or send me a PM and I can give you the link), they charge .02 cents for the sample pack, and $15 flat rate shipping. Worth it IMO for anyone that wants to try out the entire lineup without making a big commitment and buying all the products at once.

Looks like enough to get through 1 grow with 2, maybe 3 plants in soil/hydro with an average Veg time 6-10 weeks, and 8-9 weeks flower. If not a little more.. Probably not enough for a soilless like coco/hempy that requires frequent watering/feeding in a DTW system, but the base nutes are labeled soil anyways and may not be as effective in coco.

Sample Base nutes come in 8 ounce bottles, or 236ml.

According to the feeding schedule:
Rooted feedings are 1ml each.
Then the rest I'll list in order Grow/Micro/Bloom:
Week 1-2: 5ml/5ml/5ml
Week 3-5: 5ml/2.5ml/5ml
Week 6-7: 5ml/0ml/5ml

The only thing that starts using a lot more is the Killer Tea, which calls for 10ml @ rooting and Veg. Then none for week 1-2 flower, then week 3-7 30ml/gal. Which still isn't bad considering my old nutes called for 20ml bloom towards the end of flower.

So far I like what I've been seeing with the plants, but the real test will be when we see what kind of yield I get per plant.
Then after this grow, I really should use my old nutes on a grow with the two LEDs to get a good comparison, but I'll probably just use those up for Vegging, and buy some HCO to start using regularly. I also plan on using the HCO feeding schedule with my old nutes, since the base NPK are identical, I see no need to constantly overfeed.

But so far, in using them, I'm happy. But the yield is what really matters, so we'll see what happens then. :thumb:

EDIT: This is based on observation, and not experience with various nutes. I've only used 1 other nutrient before this, so my only comparisons are label to label, and feeding schedules. Just wanted to add a little disclaimer!

Back
Top Bottom