Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow

Both were FIM'ed twice, but technically only one FIM worked, since the first time I didn't cut low enough and everything regrew like normal. Everything else has been defoliation, and LST to grow the branches where I want, and occasionally a mild supercrop, as I have bent a few branches left or right to get them where I want.

Thanks for stopping in Raiven!

I was pretty happy with my first grow. I was hoping to see yields of 1/2 ounce or more from each plant, but I ended up with a little over 1/2 ounce total. Which for my first time, using CFLs, I don't think turned out too bad.

But now as I see this grow progressing, I see a lot of things happening that I should have done in the first grow. I'm doing a lot more training, and so far, I'm very happy with how it's turning out. I have both plants taking the shape I want, I do wish Power Flower was a little wider, but I still have time to make that happen. Harvest isn't going to be for another 2 months +/-.

Update.

Nothing exciting happened. The girls are still growing well, no signs of current deficiencies, and I decided to defoliate a little today. I removed fan leaves/bud sites that were all growing under the canopy. I gave all these places some time to catch up, but none of them are getting quite enough light to sprout and grow strong, so off they go.

A few spots did turn upwards and grow into the light, and I ended up keeping all of those for now, the rest of them were just wasting energy.

Power Flower:
2014-07-17_13-05-50_167.jpg

Cali Jack:
2014-07-17_13-06-14_132.jpg

Total removed from both plants:
2014-07-17_13-05-39_452.jpg

I get it..!did some trimming myseelf last week. ya know I used a LITTLE of the fertizer I bought..I dont think she liked it I flushed her twice
so ..if you look at her..I FIM at day 17..I did not get two or three tops ..still 1 main top..but....all other sites went crazy..hell Im nw...just keepem alive!..good luck brother!:bravo:

I get it..!did some trimming myseelf last week. ya know I used a LITTLE of the fertizer I bought..I dont think she liked it I flushed her twice
so ..if you look at her..I FIM at day 17..I did not get two or three tops ..still 1 main top..but....all other sites went crazy..hell Im nw...just keepem alive!..good luck brother!:bravo:

If you FIM'ed, and only have one main top after it grows back, the FIM wasn't done at the correct spot. If you look at the first page of my journal, you'll see I made the same mistake. That happens when you don't cut enough off.

It's time to make a little update to give you all an idea of plant height, width, and I wanted to show you guys what I'm TRYING to do to create 2 more tops from 2 lower branches on Power Flower. And as for my watering schedule, I watered/fed nutes on July 15. And the soil is still too moist to water 3 days later using approx 5 gallon pots.They get watered/nutes every 4-5 days if I remember correctly.

I'm using a standard 12"/30cm drafting ruler for measuring.

Power Flower is under 11 inches tall:
2014-07-18_17-25-02_488.jpg

Power Flower is right about 12"/30cm wide:
2014-07-18_17-26-17_825.jpg

Cali Jack is right about 10" tall:
2014-07-18_17-25-18_605.jpg

Cali Jack is right about 14" wide:
2014-07-18_17-26-28_975.jpg

This is the training technique I'm trying. I've never heard of anyone mentioning anything like this specifically, so I wanted to give it a try and see if it would work. I have two of the lower branches basically tied to the stem, to train them to grow completely vertical, and the goal is to try to create 2 more tops, with hopefully a little more than just small popcorn buds on them. If this method works, I'll be lollypopping less branches in the future, if it doesn't work, well lesson learned.

2014-07-17_18-19-03_697.jpg

So far one branch is almost level with the canopy, it has about 2.5cm more to grow, the other is still lagging behind.

Once they reach an even size with the tops you could try to do the pinch on them, to make them thicker.

My only concern about doing that is the plants are both starting to flower now, calyxes and pistils are growing at all the bud sites. I don't want to stress the girls out too much and cause a hermy issue, or reduced yield problem with them.

Fed nutes today.

10ml Grow
10ml Micro
15ml Bloom

Flowering has started at all the bud sites with beautiful white pistils coming in. And I'm finally getting to smell them a little without having to defoliate them to smell it. No deficiencies, no pests. Leaves are all healthy looking, but Power Flower will need another round of defoliation soon. Cali Jack is doing well, and doesn't need any trimming yet.

No pictures. Ha! Actually, I'm going to watch some TV, and it's lights out for the girls, so I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning if there's anything exciting to share.

Guess what!

Nothing exciting. :)

I removed the ties from the paperclips, and Cali Jack is holding shape PERFECTLY. Power Flower is being a little tempermental, and is going to need a slightly more aggressive approach than before. I'm going to leave them untied for the remainder of the day, through their dark time, and tomorrow late morning I'll check on them and see what needs to be done.

But I took pictures anyways, I started taking ribbons off PF first, and when I noticed she wasn't keeping shape well, I started to leave them all looped on the branches, and just removed the other end from the paperclip. Pictures are taken with no ribbons under paperclips.

Power Flower
2014-07-20_18-21-46_99.jpg

Cali Jack
2014-07-20_18-21-53_105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom