Any way to make autoflower mature faster?

AgedMaster

Is there a way to make autoflower mature faster in a bit of bother i have 1 week max to chop. there 5 weeks in flower says 6 and a half weeks to 7 and a half but i dont believe it as there fully white would leaving them in dark for 48hrs do anything
WP_20220804_11_54_28_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220804_11_22_34_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220804_11_22_38_Pro - Copy.jpg

Ithere a way to make autoflower mature faster in a bit of bother i have 1 week max to chop. there 5 weeks in flower says 6 and a half weeks to 7 and a half but i dont believe it as there fully white

Give them a 14-hour period of uninterrupted darkness per day, and consider increasing the lighting somewhat to partially make up for the decrease in hours of lighting. I expect that might help... some. You may end up with less of a harvest than otherwise, and the quality is going to take a significant hit because I doubt those will be ready (or nearly ready) within the limit that you have set. In other words, your buds will end up lacking both weight and potency. If this is because you're going on vacation for a week or two, is there any way you can automate the watering/etc.? Or find a trusted plant minder?

would leaving them in dark for 48hrs do anything

Steal two days of development that those plants desperately need.

Give them a 14-hour period of uninterrupted darkness per day, and consider increasing the lighting somewhat to partially make up for the decrease in hours of lighting. I expect that might help... some. You may end up with less of a harvest than otherwise, and the quality is going to take a significant hit because I doubt those will be ready (or nearly ready) within the limit that you have set. In other words, your buds will end up lacking both weight and potency. If this is because you're going on vacation for a week or two, is there any way you can automate the watering/etc.? Or find a trusted plant minder?

Steal two days of development that those plants desperately need.
i have the landlord coming to test alarms in property i live in a council property and my tent is litteraly in my living room with me theres cameras inside block and outside there everywhere i could move tent to bedroom but camera on landing is voice recorded and it will make a awful lot of noise moving it i can get a parrot curtain as i have a parrot then put bird cage infront of curtain so it looks like i put my bird under covers at night. the reason i grow is so i dont deal with idiots

The person will have to be inside your home space, or you're just concerned that the person will hear your exhaust fan from the common space? If the former, stick everything in your bathroom and claim to have a galloping case of diarrhea. Or, if you don't trust the person to be alone in the rest of the residence, get someone else to go in there and make the claim.

If the exhaust fan noise has you paranoid, unplug the lighting that day; you ought to be able to run your fan at a slower (quieter) speed and still ensure that the only air escaping the tent does so through the carbon filter.

If you know the exact date, take the tent down, put the plant in a closet and wait until he leaves. If your worried about noise being recorded /(sounds like an invasion of privacy) turn up the stereo and move it.
Hi pal they will turn up unexpected they have already been to my neighbours i think if i ignore fist time they come i can get a appointment date and time then i will no for certain how long i have. i can take tent down then as u say and put them in cupboard hopefully they dont want to look in cupboard. i did have a friend stop here for a couple of years as my head wasnt with it i moved back into my mums house and he decided to build a big walk in cupboard in my room it was done to a really hi standard anyway i had gas man come round it was when i first moved back in he went looking for my boiler and went in walk in wardrobe there was chains hanging from ceiling and pile of leaves in corner he said nothing about it that was 3 years ago never heard nothing i ripped the thing down i should have left it up

Move it into the bedroom and shut the door, tell the inspector your GF is in there isolating with Covid
Hi pal thats exactly what i was going to do i was gona wait untill they turn up ignore it then have new appointment i no the time of then phone day before appointment and tell them that i have covid will give me about 2 weeks there skunk#1 it says 45 to 55 days flowering. and i dont think camera can here me just me being paranoid ive thought about it theres no way there gona have someone sitting at camera monitoring them all day theres about 30 on this block alone i think if they get a report they will tune into camera then. i have about 40 pots in my shed right under camera god no's how im going to get rid of them

uk should legalize weed uk is the biggest exporter of medical cannabis yet its illegal to smoke it the goverment would make a fortune putting tax on cannabis i read a news artical theres a village where if the police no your growing cannabis and u have no more than 3 plants they will leave u be

There is a policy in place Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire Constabulary that small, personal grows will not be 'actively pursued' unless there is a report of a public nuisance (ie smell, constant fan buzz etc)
Then you will get a warning/advisory, with a threat to follow up with a visit from a PCSO (never happened yet)

The real problem is the Landlord, who employed some numbskull to come check your alarms (wtf??) who has no interest in you, or his job for that matter so the chances of him having both a brain and the piety to step outside of his remit and report you for something that is none of his business is really quite small in my opinion

There is a policy in place Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire Constabulary that small, personal grows will not be 'actively pursued' unless there is a report of a public nuisance (ie smell, constant fan buzz etc)
Then you will get a warning/advisory, with a threat to follow up with a visit from a PCSO (never happened yet)

The real problem is the Landlord, who employed some numbskull to come check your alarms (wtf??) who has no interest in you, or his job for that matter so the chances of him having both a brain and the piety to step outside of his remit and report you for something that is none of his business is really quite small in my opinion
hi pal its a new law thats in place they have to ensure theres alarms and working properly if not they get sued it comes into force oct this year. the funny thing is i get them checked once a year by another company could they not just ask them and save a lot of hours and money my brothers in a house and just had hes checked so there sending them to every council owned property

Here it is its the whole of uk there's going to be alot of others in my situation

Today, The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Amendment) Regulations 2022 were laid in draft before Parliament. The House of Commons and the House of Lords will now debate the regulations, and if both Houses approve them, they will come into force on 1 October 2022.

The amendment regulations will mean:

• Social landlords will be required to provide a smoke alarm on every storey of their properties where there is a room used wholly or partly as living accommodation.
  • Both social and private landlords will be required to provide carbon monoxide alarms in any room of their properties used wholly or partly as living accommodation where a fixed combustion appliance is present (excluding gas cookers).
  • There will be a new obligation on all landlords to repair or replace any alarm which is found to be faulty during the period of a tenancy, and landlords will be required to repair or replace alarms as soon as reasonably practicable.
This is a really important step to ensuring better quality, safer homes. I am keen to make sure residents are protected as soon as possible, and I welcome the action that many landlords have already taken to install alarms but strongly recommend that all landlords begin to take immediate action to install alarms. As explained in my previous letter, should the legislation be approved by Parliament, any landlord found to be in breach could be fined up to £5,000. As such, it is vital that your organisation prepares for these changes right away.

Oh, I thought you meant some kind of security system.

My worry about putting cannabis plants in a cabinet for a maintenance/inspection visit would be odor. Was why I suggested trying to move the entire tent into the bathroom (so you could continue to run the exhaust fan / carbon filter).

I suppose making landlords send someone to each residence to ensure that there are working smoke/CO alarms is probably a good thing, although it's obviously inconvenient. Too bad they wouldn't trust you to check them yourself. But that might be a liability nightmare if something ever happened.

I did get curious after posting last night (this morning, your time, I guess?), and did a quick web search - and read that switching to a "short day, long night" schedule might cause an autoflowering plant to finish faster. Back in the day, people tested the limits (so to speak) with photoperiodic plants, and claimed that the effect was... more, right up to an 8 on / 16 off schedule, although that really affected yield. In your shoes, that might be a compromise that I'd be willing to accept. The real problem, though, is that you might end up with buds that are not only skimpy and with less trichomes on the flowers than normal - the ones that are there may not have attained peak potency if you have to harvest early. It's easier to find a bud than a home, though, so...

I wish you good luck, whatever you end up deciding to do.

Wow, interesting thread!

The autos will be on their own internal clock, and I don't think any lighting changes will do anything.

However... MAYBE... if you increase everything that makes them grow, they will grow faster, and maybe their lifecycle will speed up a bit. So... put the light at the max, feed to the max of nutrients (w/o burn), give them a drench of maybe water soluble potassium sulfate, and possibly some water soluble fulvic acid. Make sure they are getting enough P & K. Maybe add some CO2 if possible... you can DIY a gallon jug of apple juice w/ some brewing yeast and an airlock... it will pump out CO2. (I think)

Autos don't care about 12/12 or any lighting schedule like that. So, you could run lights 24 hours.

OR THE OPPOSITE... stressing them out might cause them to finish sooner. I'd have to think hard about what "stressing out" would translate to.

I'm just throwing out total guesses here, as I don't grow autos, and I sure haven't tried to speed up an auto ;)

Wow, interesting thread!

The autos will be on their own internal clock, and I don't think any lighting changes will do anything.

However... MAYBE... if you increase everything that makes them grow, they will grow faster, and maybe their lifecycle will speed up a bit. So... put the light at the max, feed to the max of nutrients (w/o burn), give them a drench of maybe water soluble potassium sulfate, and possibly some water soluble fulvic acid. Make sure they are getting enough P & K. Maybe add some CO2 if possible... you can DIY a gallon jug of apple juice w/ some brewing yeast and an airlock... it will pump out CO2. (I think)

Autos don't care about 12/12 or any lighting schedule like that. So, you could run lights 24 hours.

OR THE OPPOSITE... stressing them out might cause them to finish sooner. I'd have to think hard about what "stressing out" would translate to.

I'm just throwing out total guesses here, as I don't grow autos, and I sure haven't tried to speed up an auto ;)
He's only got a week to work with, nothing is going to speed it up enough to do any good in that time period. Moving the tent/plants is about the only option.

Back
Top Bottom