Aphids immune to pesticide

You haven't mixed it right if Neem, Citric acid and dish soap doesn't work for you. There's no need to use synthetic pesticides, use Spinosad if you really have to.

This may be reaching... what about ladybugs? The distributors will ship them to you.
I had looked it up yesterday and that was listed as an option. The downside is that the Ladybugs only hang around for a day or so ridding the plant of a few aphids. Then often by the next day they will wander or fly off leaving the rest of the aphids untouched.

Seems the best way to do it with Ladybugs is to plan ahead. First is to plant some of their preferred foods. Then bring the ladybugs in and help them establish a colony. No more aphid problem if they start colonizing the area.

easiest safe outdoor control for aphids is a hose. they hate being wet, rain washes them off the plant and keeps the population down.

I had looked it up yesterday and that was listed as an option. The downside is that the Ladybugs only hang around for a day or so ridding the plant of a few aphids. Then often by the next day they will wander or fly off leaving the rest of the aphids untouched.

Seems the best way to do it with Ladybugs is to plan ahead. First is to plant some of their preferred foods. Then bring the ladybugs in and help them establish a colony. No more aphid problem if they start colonizing the area.

Ladybugs will stick around as long as there is food. If they leave, it means their job is done.

I'm all for killing them (aphids) just less in favour of introducing harmful insecticides into the environment. Those wasps are going to be smashing caterpillars when the time comes. I know I rely on them every year near harvest time.
I'm not here to judge any one and any technique. They all work.
i do have caterpillar issues in flower, but the wasps don't seem to help :( luckily i've never had a heavy infestation

lmao guys, i used some imidacloprid on them, it seems to have worked! is it possible that it burned them to a crisp? lol.

the few yellow aphids left don't move anymore, and there is a bunch of black dots, and they don't move, i can't tell if that's the aphids that got burned to a crip by the pesticide lol! they got what they deserved!

the few yellow aphids left don't move anymore, and there is a bunch of black dots, and they don't move,
Can you take a photo of the remaining aphids on the plant, living aphids or dead, it don't matter.

I've been asking my self why the double dose of Deltamethin mentioned in the 1st post did not work. Maybe the photo will help pinpoint what is going on.

Can you take a photo of the remaining aphids on the plant, living aphids or dead, it don't matter.

I've been asking my self why the double dose of Deltamethin mentioned in the 1st post did not work. Maybe the photo will help pinpoint what is going on.
yep will do when i'm home that's what i've been wondering myself. x2 dose of deltamethrin and x2 dose of mineral oil. that should've killed them all but didn't phase them, perhaps they became immune

yep will do when i'm home that's what i've been wondering myself. x2 dose of deltamethrin and x2 dose of mineral oil. that should've killed them all but didn't phase them, perhaps they became immune
Deltamethrin was not a good choice!

"When using a Deltamethrin-based product, it does not guarantee an instant kill. It can take up to 24 hours to kill the target pest but the active ingredient does have a long-time residual which can last up to 90 days, meaning you don't have to reapply as often unless you have a very large infestation."

Deltamethrin was not a good choice!

"When using a Deltamethrin-based product, it does not guarantee an instant kill. It can take up to 24 hours to kill the target pest but the active ingredient does have a long-time residual which can last up to 90 days, meaning you don't have to reapply as often unless you have a very large infestation."
that's exactly why i used it, it has residual activity

holy smoking wings, they absolutely got obliterated, today is a bit windy and there is 1000's of aphid bodies lying on the battlefield, this pesticide is really something. i'm surprised since the bottle expired more than 10 years ago lol.

one question tho, what the hell are those white insects? they seem dead... but don't look like aphids.

also, do dead aphids turn from yellow to black?

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-33.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-36.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-37.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-38.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-39.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-41.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-42.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-44.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-45.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-46.jpg

holy smoking wings, they absolutely got obliterated, today is a bit windy and there is 1000's of aphid bodies lying on the battlefield, this pesticide is really something. i'm surprised since the bottle expired more than 10 years ago lol.

one question tho, what the hell are those white insects? they seem dead... but don't look like aphids.

also, do dead aphids turn from yellow to black?

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-33.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-36.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-37.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-38.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-39.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-41.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-42.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-44.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-45.jpg

photo_2023-08-26_18-44-46.jpg
The other bodies look like thrips, the black stuff is aphid poop!

that's exactly why i used it, it has residual activity
Here's the problem: "Deltamethrin should not be applied to treat insects on edible plants such as fruits and vegetables." It does have a couple approved uses on food crops, but, for the most part, it it for ornamental plants and lawns. The other issue is it's half-life, (which I just read can be up to 200 days), so basically you're smoking it.

Back
Top Bottom